1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 560 of 575 FirstFirst ... 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 570 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Leviathan is an easy culprit because it forces a fail. Ifrit can hit 1 HP and still not die if you failed the last nail phase. Dunno about Ramuh.

Ramuh is pretty notorious for that shit. If you get him below like...65 or 60% before adds die he just murders you. Though I dunno if that means the end for WAR.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Leviathan is an easy culprit because it forces a fail. Ifrit can hit 1 HP and still not die if you failed the last nail phase. Dunno about Ramuh.
    You can survive Leviathan now. Next tier just about everyone should have the hp for it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Oh, it had just happened to me with Haukke Manor (Hard)'s final boss, it seems to almost everytime I get that dungeon, even if I slow/stop dpsing expecting it to happen. But yeah, those other fights as well. I'm sure when you're unsynced a lot more is, or will be in the future, survivable.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Ramuh is pretty notorious for that shit. If you get him below like...65 or 60% before adds die he just murders you. Though I dunno if that means the end for WAR.
    Once tanks figure out how to swap. The next issue is DpS learning to kill the same adds asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did they ninja LevEX btw? I recall seeing the spumes drop the generator to 0% within mere seconds, but nowadays it trickles it down, letting zerg-tactics actually work in WT runs. That said, Ifrit is by far the worst offender, can push him so fast he goes from spawning nail to immediately doing his enrage.....which doesn't one-shot you at lvl70, and can be healed through, but he's invincible in that state.

Random complaint: How some windows close other windows, but some don't. Eg. Marketboard (nowadays, it used to) will not close the Timers/Delivery menus, but interacting with a shop does, making me have to reopen it during/after.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I just wish they'd fix the ability to save someone from an auto wipe (or causing it) by using Cover+HG at the right time. So many "I want to help!" PLDs ending Thordan EX WT runs because they keep covering the damn healer that gets targeted so it counts as the healer dying (since the hit never landed on them so the coding behaves that they died.)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Did they ninja LevEX btw? I recall seeing the spumes drop the generator to 0% within mere seconds, but nowadays it trickles it down, letting zerg-tactics actually work in WT runs. That said, Ifrit is by far the worst offender, can push him so fast he goes from spawning nail to immediately doing his enrage.....which doesn't one-shot you at lvl70, and can be healed through, but he's invincible in that state.

Random complaint: How some windows close other windows, but some don't. Eg. Marketboard (nowadays, it used to) will not close the Timers/Delivery menus, but interacting with a shop does, making me have to reopen it during/after.
    I tried to get a thread going on OF, and suggested it thru the in-game menu, to add the lock to menu screens that they added for potd screens. Maybe someday...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    I tried to get a thread going on OF, and suggested it thru the in-game menu, to add the lock to menu screens that they added for potd screens. Maybe someday...
    Last I heard, most window elements already have assigned locations for the lock icon, just it goes unused/hidden currently. So I'd presume it'd be a thing eventually if not in 4.1.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Once tanks figure out how to swap. The next issue is DpS learning to kill the same adds asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used to rant about that very thing a lot. It's that damn Thunderstrike(I think that's the one) that electrifies the water which forces DPS to move away from the adds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is this patch where we get simplified/back to the buff bar for job gauges? Really hate cluttering UI just to see my buffs or lookin at 2 different screen spots

Oops meant this for other thread but whatever, this works too since I've hated about half the job gauges since 4.0 release.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They've announced some QoL / interface updates already for 4.1, but nothing about simplified job gauges has been shown yet. So they are either announcing it a bit later, or it's not ready for 4.1. I probably wouldn't hold my breath.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I believe it was touched on that they are adding a legacy mode for job ui that adds the buff/stacks to our buff bar.

During the 14hr live stream I believe it was, or possibly this past live letter. Nothing really said other than that it was in the works.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

found a random proto armor key in my inventory this weekend. I don't even remember lotting it. I already have the mount.

I am a bad, bad person :/

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    found a random proto armor key in my inventory this weekend. I don't even remember lotting it. I already have the mount.

I am a bad, bad person :/
    The game shouldn't have let you loot the key in the first place. The same happens with minions, or anything that is consumed and you get something (orchestrion rolls, too). When I returned to the game I almost won a minion I already had, until I remembered I had it and passed it before the last person cast their lot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game doesnt let you do that for most stuff now

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Only thing it does let you do it on is if it's not rare/ex

edit:

was doing the 13 fate chain in Azim Steppe, failed on the 7th? FATE defending NPCs because a Purbol aggroed and bad breathed us.

Funny but annoyed, I reported the Purbol lol while waiting for duty:

■ Character Name and World (if known):
    Purbol

(a morbol monster)

■ Area where the incident occurred:

The Azim Steppe

■ Approximate date and time of the incident:
    0:22 UK time

■ Detailed description of the incident:
    Purbol aggroed us during a FATE. Used Bad Breath and killed not only us players but the NPCs we were defending in FATE.

■ Comments made by the player(s):
    N/A

■ Chat mode used:
    N/A

Sorry for this ticket, I'm frustrated and sad. Happy Tuesday/Wednesday!

Hope you had a laugh/smile out of this. Hugs and kisses - a loyal fan and player to FFXIV.
    edit2: Woooo got a reply!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

edit: mystery solved, I was confusing the predator armor with the proto key... apparently what I have is used in sylph beast quests. now I feel dumb, but at least I didn't lot someone else's mount

in other news:

"oh hai guyz here's info on the 4.1 custom delivery questline, it's a mi'qote girl running an orphanage" how new and original

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I play Frontlines on both Aether and Primal.

On both datacenters, Mael always wins, and Flames are dumb as fuck and winning is a goddamn Christmas miracle.
    Thankfully, I rolled Mael on my Primal alt and my win percentage is disgusting. Unfortunately for my main, I need 2 more wins to get the horse before I can say adios and switch to Mael. So I put on freelance and it always puts me on flames or adder because Mael is full already with people who like to win.

Fuck, Flames, can't you please stop being retarded.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can't finish Doma Castle, DPS and Healer are being whiny pricks:

Before 2nd boss:
    (Twisted Sister) >.<
    (Twisted Sister) RiC
    (Twisted Sister) please put that gear on Ric
    (Naomi Azarati) especially gloves ^^"
    (Twisted Sister) Riciendo
    (Riciendo Hadori) Yes?
    (Twisted Sister) please put gear on ^^"
    (Riciendo Hadori) Am I missing something?
    (Naomi Azarati) gyour gloves are only 17 o.o
    (Kai Bond) your lv 15 gloves is a question lol
    (Riciendo Hadori) Yeah... it's on. I work with what I've got.
    (Kai Bond) seems like a weird mistake but if that's all you got, /shrug
    (Twisted Sister) you just got stuff from here
    (Kai Bond) he did
    (Kai Bond) but not gloves lol
    (Twisted Sister) nvm i will just use ma mp ><
    (Riciendo Hadori) Just because I'm a Roe, doesn't mean boots fit on my hands.
    (Riciendo Hadori) That's racist
    (Naomi Azarati) lets put our new gear on Tankie ^^
    (Twisted Sister) lol lvl 15 is all you have?
    (Naomi Azarati) but for real... your gloves... thats all you have? none higher?
    (Naomi Azarati) your recommended gear?
    (Twisted Sister) lol
    (Twisted Sister) like i said i will have to heal thouggh it
    (Naomi Azarati) no >.> we are getting so much tank gear @.@
    (Naomi Azarati) no excuse
    (Naomi Azarati) what you just wanna take advantage of your healer like that?
    (Naomi Azarati) you dont understand the mp struggle >.>
    BEFORE LAST BOSS
    (Riciendo Hadori) Kill things faster and they won't have to heal so much.
    (Naomi Azarati) no. youre a jerk
    (Naomi Azarati) thats so unnessessary to go into a dng with lv 17 gear at this stage
    (Riciendo Hadori) You're right, it is.
    (Naomi Azarati) im generally a healer so I know that its so rude
    (Riciendo Hadori) I also heal... so I know that it isn't that big of a deal. I have a full set of 340 gear waiting for me at 70 and I have a quarter of a level to go.
    (Riciendo Hadori) If you've also been this observant, then you've noticed that I've been putting on ever piece of gear that I've acquired.
    (Naomi Azarati) so 500 defense isnt a big deal?
    (Riciendo Hadori) Unforunately, there isn't an option to exchange the item into something else
    (Naomi Azarati) why didnt you buy gloves before you got in here?
    (Riciendo Hadori) Because I have a quarter of a level left?
    (Naomi Azarati) -_- stupid excuse

tl;dr: tank has 2mil to 70. Wearing "Brand New Gloves" (ilvl 17). Healer and DPS are whining and slowing down my dungeon EXP because the healer has to put in more effort for 500 fucking defense, jesus.

Note that all his other gear is up to date 65~68.

DPS was a BRD.

I also saw no MP problems.

It's these problems people just love to make for themselves.... ¬_¬