1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 512 of 575 FirstFirst ... 462 502 510 511 512 513 514 522 562 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Alot of people says its counter productive but in a pack if 9+ monster it is not. Take Sohm Al HM, after the 1st boss you get 5 fishtoad guy following with one of them + 2 shell monsters. I don't remember how munch MPs I get back everytime I get hit but its over 320. Now if 6 of these 8 mobs hit me its 1920 MPs gained while the 2 attack that where dodged helped the healer. Meanwhile Abyssal Drain hit each monster for 800 to 1.3k and heal you for the same amount, helping the healer further. I may be wrong but it has always worked well for me, places like arboretum felt like a breeze because of it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

DA Dark Dance is actually by far DRKs best mitigation against mob packs. Comboing it with DA Dark Passenger actually just makes you evade a massive amount of stuff. Funnily enough DA Dark Dance actually works on auto-attacks in raid too. Healers can't really play around RNG mitigation like that but I actually found it got some decent value in early prog of stuff like a3s or a7s. You don't feel like such a griefer when you're eating Uplander Doom outside of Grit when you evade a bunch of the crazy autos during the vuln stacks. The effect itself really makes me miss the old bug with DA where you could get 2 buffed abilities out of a single cast of it. Being able to get DA Dark Passenger + DA Dark Dance from only a single MP investment was so good.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Its what I have been doing ever since I had DRK60, I just don't understand why people are against it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Generally,

1. The enemies are not particularly dangerous that if you're pulling 9+, you're better off using the mp for more damage.
    2. Bosses don't really need cd's so you will always have something on the ready when doing pack pulls.
    3. Most healer's don't/can't plan for RNG. It's better to assume you'll take the hit.
    4. You're bottom barreling on your CD's since DPS is low.
    5. Less MP return from blood price.

It's an alright CD but it's pretty w/e in the grand scheme of things.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

UK player here - ping gone from 90ish to 160+ Not sure how much that will impact.

East cost here, ping is now at 80. Gameplay seems fine to me

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Got the IP(s) of the new datacenter easily available? haven't checked.

edit: to answer my own question, with a disclaimer about reddit info

neolobby02.ffxiv.com
    neolobby04.ffxiv.com

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm getting sick and tired of people trying to blame the datacenter relocation for their reason of being shit lol.

I KNEW this would become the new goto people use to stay shit at this game.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

o/ guilty, but only for lulz (I specifically said in the ping thread i will spam this as my reason for being bad)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Before they moved the data center I was world first AS progression player, now I'm a casual that needs the 24-man raid to reach my goals.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not quite sure whether it qualifies as random fail or random win, but while running Baelsar's Wall one night, as Ilberd used restraining collar, the healer said in chat, "Yes, daddy Ilberd, use the collar on me...I mean, help me get free!"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It almost sounds like the WHM from Balmung who openly admitted posting on https://www.reddit.com/r/HealSluts/ when dedberd chained them up.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Illsathe View Post
    Not quite sure whether it qualifies as random fail or random win, but while running Baelsar's Wall one night, as Ilberd used restraining collar, the healer said in chat, "Yes, daddy Ilberd, use the collar on me...I mean, help me get free!"
    I'm sad none of the shit I do in roulette gets on the interwebs. Probably scarred too many people while entertaining other BGers.

As a side note I noticed random people try to hit on me more often as a male miqo'te than female.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    I'm sad none of the shit I do in roulette gets on the interwebs. Probably scarred too many people while entertaining other BGers.

As a side note I noticed random people try to hit on me more often as a male miqo'te than female.
    If it's in duties I can promise you it's people from Balmung, the male cat fetish there rivals the futa fetish.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    If it's in duties I can promise you it's people from Balmung, the male cat fetish there rivals the futa fetish.
    I always make sure to talk about my discoveries on Discord while googling their name and 12 times out of 10 they're from Balmung.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I would think furfaggotry, cuckoldry, foot fetishes and other assorted degeneracy is the predominant flavor there, not futanari. I mean, if we're talking XIV General on /vg/ i'd say it's probably even (assuming nothing has changed since last year); place is futa/(animal-ish race here)/BDSM/smelly feet thirsty shitposting central.

Also apparently Shitstorm is the femdom expansion, due to the Imperial Viceroy hentai that's come out since.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So apparently Warrior got Kaio-Ken x20.

https://youtu.be/fSdfPXFGuw0?t=343

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    So apparently Warrior got Kaio-Ken x20.

https://youtu.be/fSdfPXFGuw0?t=343
    WAR also partakes of the tank Attack Power Nerf, Round 2: Remove All Accessories to Simulate 4.0 Attack Power Edition.

It's a lot less impressive when you realize tanks are operating with the engine of a Ford Pinto come June 16th.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wait until the DPS attack power scale does not match and exceed threat generation and SE emergency fixing it by either increasing threat generation or by finally coming to their sense and realising that tanks need to be able to DPS too..