1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 3 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 566 of 575 FirstFirst ... 516 556 564 565 566 567 568 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah had it happen, even have my abilities and such switching to japanese randomly when I play on english client after a crash.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Think I saw this mentioned in another topic here or maybe on Reddit, but the first boss in the new dungeon having its push and pull moves translated backwards lol. Keep getting confused by it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Think I saw this mentioned in another topic here or maybe on Reddit, but the first boss in the new dungeon having its push and pull moves translated backwards lol. Keep getting confused by it.
    Ok so I wasn't the only one lol. Is this a known bug or is it meant to be confusing on purpose? (Darkness mechanic in Rabanastre)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Mentor Roulette seems like it has become a 100% chance of getting the new raid.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone know how to avoid Paralysis on Judgment Bolt in Shinryu Ex ? Shit seems random af.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Depangas View Post
    Anyone know how to avoid Paralysis on Judgment Bolt in Shinryu Ex ? Shit seems random af.
    current theories are either a) be on a tile with a group or b) be on a dry tile (tile with no puddle)

come to think of it... doesn't he always do either levinbolt -> hellfire or hypernova -> judgment bolt? maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to start tracking that. it would make sense if hypernova dried up puddles and then judgment bolt required you to be on a dry tile. no idea if that's accurate but like I said, I'll track this in my runs tonight.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    current theories are either a) be on a tile with a group or b) be on a dry tile (tile with no puddle)

come to think of it... doesn't he always do either levinbolt -> hellfire or hypernova -> judgment bolt? maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to start tracking that. it would make sense if hypernova dried up puddles and then judgment bolt required you to be on a dry tile. no idea if that's accurate but like I said, I'll track this in my runs tonight.
    I did a bit of testing tonight mysefl .. I'm not sure anymore of anything.

All theories about stacking doesnt work I guess, sometimes you get it, sometimes not, with 2 buddies, or with a full group. So definitely not a "oink" mechanic.

About the puddles theory, chech this (cant post URLS ) :
    youtube com/watch?v=jhPX2J-aLd8

Everyone near a puddle , no para.
    We did that exact same stack and got 2 or 3 para.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hmm. maybe it's truly random?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My Raid Roulette was slightly interesting:

<2nd boss in progress>
    (Chrona Calamity) gotta afk really quick gotta give mny mom the phone
    (Kai Bond) you have to give your mum the phone?
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) That is one lazy mother.
    (Kai Bond) it's ok i was just questioning the motive lol
    (Chrona Calamity) I'm sorry guys. My dad called and wouldn't shut the hell up talking to me
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) Dw!
    (Alternis Dimm) you you talk to your father
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) IT's just a game
    (Lanceton Akage) what does c do in this fight again?
    (Chrona Calamity) I'm not on good terms with him atm :/
    (Alternis Dimm) Im sure he's looking foward to talk ing to you
    (Tyr Ironhide) i wish i could talk to my dad
    (Chrona Calamity) I used to be a daddy's girl, and then his gf ruined my relationship with him
    ((Chrona Calamity)) Ty hun
    (Tyr Ironhide) she ssounds like a bitch
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) She should get hanged by her left tit.
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) ^^.
    (Tyr Ironhide) kinky
    (Alternis Dimm) Dont let some shank determin your relationship with your father.
    (Chrona Calamity) I agree and she is. She claims to not hate me and my brother but her actions prove otherwise
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) ^ Alternis gets it
    (Chrona Calamity) She does what she can to keep us from associating with him. Like we can only ever talk to him when she's not around, and she tells him it's a waste of their gas or whatever when we ask him to come over and see us or go out with us
    <my party wiped on 3rd boss at this point>
    (Kai Bond) it's like you all broke down after that talk lol
    (Alternis Dimm) Well, go up to see him then. Dont factor her into any plans at all.
    (Elliot Valentione) Sorry I'm very distracted atm :\
    (Alternis Dimm) If your father wont make any plans with you and your brother without his gf, then its his loss.
    (Chrona Calamity) that's how I'm looking at it now. I'm almost 26 and I've been trying to keep this going with my dad since I was like... 10
    (Alternis Dimm) Tell him how you feel and how frustrated you are with the situation.
    (Alternis Dimm) Dont be afraid to tel lthe gf to go fuck herself if she's gonna be a cunt about it.
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) I wish you luck with your situation Chrona.
    (Lorenzo Florenzo) Family is so hard to keep.
    (Chrona Calamity) Ty it's greatly appreciated
    (Alternis Dimm) good luck with that

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I did not think I would ever see this... FFXIV A Counselling Reborn.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hmm. maybe it's truly random?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._15_chance_to/

well... I guess that's that lol

tldr; 15% chance to paralyze, apparently (I don't moonspeak) confirmed by devs

in unrelated news: last spot in shinryu party set to BRD, I'm like "hey can you open up that last spot?" guy says "sorry we need MP"

am I crazy or is that a pretty weak reason? only reason I can think of is for healers, and if your healers are blowing that much MP then you're dying a lot and probably not doing enough dps to clear anyway.

maybe it's just me...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    I did not think I would ever see this... FFXIV A Counselling Reborn.
    Really? It's so common with young people in online games who need to vent their frustrations. Though I feel there are two kinds of people, those who are totally willing to share their entire life story with strangers and those who would consider that an unwanted invasion of their privacy. Anytime you run into the former and they haven't already exhaustively discussed it with their RL friends (or even if they have, sometimes) you'll probably hear an outpouring of their troubles.

On the one hand it's nice to give support to someone who needs the attention even if it's just giving some generic advice. On the other hand, it's a videogame and people generally play those to get away from their own/other peoples' problems so it's not always smiled upon... but it's definitely something I see once in a while, moreso if the general age group of the game is lower.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't see it too much in open chat, but I've had my fair share of people sharing far too much information with me without me asking about it. At least in previous mmos anyways, not so much recently.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I find that if they're babbling about not having a girlfriend(as in always guys), they are creepy to begin with and all the red flags start popping up. For other problems, I'm always willing to listen, and I've heard a lot of shit from people over the years. Makes my own problems seem not so bad heh.

edit: ok then

I say people can vent their problems all they like, but I definitely reserve the right to laugh internally and mock you. Outwardly I'd probably be helpful though if I wasn't just silent from actually laughing. Depends on the problem, and sometimes it just feels like attention seeking...most of the time it does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._15_chance_to/

well... I guess that's that lol

tldr; 15% chance to paralyze, apparently (I don't moonspeak) confirmed by devs

in unrelated news: last spot in shinryu party set to BRD, I'm like "hey can you open up that last spot?" guy says "sorry we need MP"

am I crazy or is that a pretty weak reason? only reason I can think of is for healers, and if your healers are blowing that much MP then you're dying a lot and probably not doing enough dps to clear anyway.

maybe it's just me...
    Doesn't BRD have Ballad? I haven't played BRD in ages but I'm certain one of the features of the class is that. Also you don't need additional MP in Shinryu unless you forget to Lucid or die.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BRD and MCH now have access to Refresh (MP Regen) and Tactician (TP Regen)

But in all honestly deaths before wings makes the phase harder. TBH I dunno and I really have no intention of ever healing this fight so lol.

Have yet to get a party that wasn't a majority of my own raid that regularly clears it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It'll be 4.2 when the fight is on farm, but wont be until the avg ilevel is 355+

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah HP is really tight in a lot of places even at some spots in i340 I'm clenching my ass. Especially at meteors/eggs.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

what fiye said. BRD does have Refresh, but eh... then again, maybe they're a practice party not a clear party? I can't remember. that would at least make sense, though "optimal composition" for "practice party" is a whole other level of lulz

this is definitely one fight where I feel for the healers. the incoming damage when you don't fuck up is enormous... and if you do, well. yeah.