1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 53 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 549 of 575 FirstFirst ... 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah I run whole dungeons without doing a CD (I'm a bad paladin and a healer called me out on it this morning).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What really pisses me off as a healer is tanks that don't clearly signal when they're going to stop pulling. Last night had a tank in Ala Mhigo grab the first packs, start going up the stairs...stop for a few seconds... okay, are we done? I pop largesse and then this motherfucker starts running again and I'm like shit, he's going to have 7 packs on him and half my CDs are already blown. Well, he died there, and several other points in the dungeon failed to tank properly too. I know it's hard to grab everything but maybe don't do it if you're not good at it. Got the vibe of someone who was just queueing as tank because it was fast.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    tanks that don't clearly signal when they're going to stop pulling.
    This every single time on any non-tank job. At least most DRK drops Salted Earth when they're done pulling.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You know DPS that start going bonkers on your pulls while you are still running don't help the process? You have to stop at certain point because McDRG McDumb or McBRD McPrick couldn't wait for you to be done and is about to steal aggro on 1 mob you just pulled with a single flash/Abyssal Drain. Its tiring.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    You know DPS that start going bonkers on your pulls while you are still running don't help the process? You have to stop at certain point because McDRG McDumb or McBRD McPrick couldn't wait for you to be done and is about to steal aggro on 1 mob you just pulled with a single flash/Abyssal Drain. Its tiring.
    Um...unless they're doing something crazy like running the mob another direction just go with it. They can take a hit or 2, and as long as they bring it to where the rest are going just get hate back normally.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A good MNK will always build GL3 before the pulls stop to be able to maximize dps.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    What really pisses me off as a healer is tanks that don't clearly signal when they're going to stop pulling. Last night had a tank in Ala Mhigo grab the first packs, start going up the stairs...stop for a few seconds... okay, are we done? I pop largesse and then this motherfucker starts running again and I'm like shit, he's going to have 7 packs on him and half my CDs are already blown. Well, he died there, and several other points in the dungeon failed to tank properly too. I know it's hard to grab everything but maybe don't do it if you're not good at it. Got the vibe of someone who was just queueing as tank because it was fast.
    This !#¤%&" shit so bad, I main SMN and it messes with proper charge management

I don't understand this mentality of not wanting DPS to do DPS right away, you aren't going to lose hate and if you do just do the (literally any) thing and get it right back. You don't get mad at your healer for healing you during a pull if necessary, why are you mad that DPS want to get in the best position to burn stuff down?

It's to your benefit as well. Unless you're 50 ilvls under your DPS a single overpower/flash/unleash is enough for any DPS to start attacking. Again, unless you're one of those shitters that never touch a mob until they get to their position.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel like you don't understand how enmity works. If you pull with ONCE flash/unleash(WARs need to be at an angle, or just hope the mobs bunch up while the WAR is in transit) you will lose aggro at some point, unless you tag them with a range, or just do the AOE threat twice to be safe. Just once is just asking for it, and ilvl doesn't really matter with 1 time. DPS is still hitting, while the tank is still running and not doing anything until they stop. We are talking about pulling multiple groups, not 1 into 2 and not in a short distance. All of that needs to be considered.

Come on man, I know you know better than that. You're just bored and want someone to challenge your opinion.

I understand how enmity works. You're making it 100x more complicated than it actually is.

Melee dps aren't going to be comboing consistently, casters are barely going to be able to cast, and while ranged hits are more consistent they aren't going to be pulling hate unless it's a long pull and you don't accidentally (or intentionally) hit that mob again with whatever while you grab the next group and even if they do a single ranged attack on that mob is going to bring it back.

Like I said if all you're doing is running past mobs without tagging them you shouldn't be doing big pulls. Let's not mention that Sprint is free now so it's even easier to run into position for WAR.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The problem I have most of time as tank is the dps run too slow. It makes long pulls suck because I have to either stop or doubleback just to get the lost mob in range after caster or ranged decided to go ham on the mob.
    I will let healer know beforehand at what point I will stop with the pack on long pulls tho because I'm not a complete dick.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Waiting a whole 2 seconds for the tank to do another Aoe move before unleashing. That doesn't seem like a difficult concept.

Should just play tank instead of dps if you're so eager to blow your load that quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Another tank chiming in to say attacking during the pull should be obvious. You're not losing your pack unless you're going too slow or missed something. Both are our fault

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is an issue I don't see often unless it specifically involves brd or mch. Another issue is tanks never using sprint, thus taking much longer to get to the next stop, thus allowing more time for said ranged dps to keep attacking. I don't run into these issues as a tank though, and I only flash once/scorn on first pack while sprinting to next pack.

And besides, the vast majority of dungeons have mobs running faster than a mercedes. Most things are literally on the tanks ass so its not hard to turn around and flash/overpower/whatever once more mid pull if you REALLY want to solidify hate.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I feel like you don't understand how enmity works. If you pull with ONCE flash/unleash(WARs need to be at an angle, or just hope the mobs bunch up while the WAR is in transit) you will lose aggro at some point, unless you tag them with a range, or just do the AOE threat twice to be safe. Just once is just asking for it, and ilvl doesn't really matter with 1 time. DPS is still hitting, while the tank is still running and not doing anything until they stop. We are talking about pulling multiple groups, not 1 into 2 and not in a short distance. All of that needs to be considered.

Come on man, I know you know better than that. You're just bored and want someone to challenge your opinion.
    Thank you, thats exactly my point.

I never said I am against it, I said DPS who go bonkers during initial pulls are tiring, Idk if your BRD McDouche put his dots on all mobs once, but the one seeing just one flash and going tunnel vision on one same monster is just asking for troubles, then your tank stop to ensure it does not happen again by AoEing a 2nd time and the healer whine.

Why is it so hard to wait 1 and a half second? The bad mentality is the DPS tunnel vision, not the opposite. When I RDM I use enmity decrease tools, cost nothing and it make things easy for the tank.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Way to latch on to the one person out of several agreeing with you. smh

Maybe just stop tanking then? We need more healers queueing anyways :D

..and as far as "you don't understand enmity" goes, that's irrelevant. If the dps pulls hate on a mob, you'll live. They'll live. And as long as they bring it to you, it's a faster run overall.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I did not lash out on anyone, was answering to you and the other saying its a bad mentality. I just quoted Twilight cause he said things alot more clearly and accurately.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I just quoted Twilight cause he agreed with me.
    ftfy

and already pointed out how they were missing the point.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This fucking day, trying to get my alt through the ropes, 3 rounds of "Pool of Tribute" (normal!) has seen repeated wipes ending with vote abandon, mostly due to terribad healers unable to grasp basic mechanics or dodgeing. I'm EU on NA datacentre, I usually can't dodge Titans plumes even when I know they're coming, but even I can avoid most of this stuff.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    ftfy

and already pointed out how they were missing the point.

Agreeing with me is one thing, being able to read the line is another and thats what he did by developping on my point. Now whether he agrees or not is completely irrelevant to the point.