1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 557 of 575 FirstFirst ... 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People tryin' ta do A8S unsynced... for fun.

Hint: In the Gavel phase its nearly impossible to do without some janky shit. Since your tanks will be higher level than brute justice you can dodge his auto attacks aka not clear your debuffs aka kill party.

A8S is not fun is what I'm saying.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We had that issue and ended up just praying he didn't miss. Robots phase is a complete laugh though since you just kill them as they come, and leave Brawler for last because his ball phase takes too long.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not seeing heights in A8S is a glorious thing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I haven't done it since level60 but is there a reason you wouldn't just have one tank (or both tanks) go into gaskets when they're being blown up by other people? Gasket damage goes up the more people that soak but I can't imagine a 3-4man soak being scary at level70. There are 4+4 tank FP stacks to remove and your options are 11-12 autos, 4 gaskets, and 1 tornado.

I don't see why you'd risk it with the old strat, at the very least give all the autos to the maxHP tank and have the minHP tank do 3 gaskets.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just had a Shisui run on DRK and our DRG had a weird smattering of lower IL gear. 240 weapon, a couple I200 AF pieces, and some other sub-250 stuff. Our BRD calls him out on it after the last set of trash before the 2nd boss, and the guy was like "lvled here through PotD, forgot to buy new gear so we can just move on from this" The healer had already dipped out by then.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The most efficient way to level and the most efficient way to be bad at your class.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I might've found that DRK because the guy was in i260 pieces (From the dungeon) with a i255 Kinna sword and i235 head and body piece from PvP. Dacon Artisan was his name.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Clear exdeath on 2nd pull (109min remaining) and caster d/c and never returns. Yoshida just doesnt want me to practice neo I guess.

Lol I had a RDM in sirensong seas and he was hard casting aero and thunder all day, never AOE and had sub 400 DPS, and standing in all the AOEs. Kicked him after the 2nd boss after not saying anything after suggestions.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Lol I had a RDM in sirensong seas and he was hard casting aero and thunder all day, never AOE and had sub 400 DPS, and standing in all the AOEs. Kicked him after the 2nd boss after not saying anything after suggestions.
    Probably a bot. I encountered something similar last week in Sohm Al, where we had a Summoner that would pull before the tanks, cast no DoTs, and only Ruin. We let 'em die during the 1st boss after calling them a bot and getting no response, so we booted 'em out before opening the chest.

Never occurred to me, yeah that makes sense o_o

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

And if they aren't a bot, and aren't responding to suggestions, asking in party "you guys think this RDM (or whoever it happens to be) is a bot?" will get them to answer real quick.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Sadly, there's people that terrible and it's not always a bot. In terms of lesser evils, I prefer the people who remain shitty and not take suggestions over the people who yell at you for trying to "dictate how I play the game" lol. Some bots are a lot smarter than that though, still stupid but, all of the bots for XIV I know of can be coded to do a basic rotation and have at least the same performance of a shitty player.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FFXIV Random Complaint Thread II: DPS can't count to potato

Most efficient way to XP mid 20's? potd? Or dungeons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Most efficient way to XP mid 20's? potd? Or dungeons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hm..if you have no rested bonus (blue bar), PoTD is honestly the best way 1-60 especially if you can spam floor 51-60. PvP as well if you like that content.

Another way is simply ride the yokai watch fate train! When you're about level 30 or so you can start grinding the 2 Outer La Noscea fates in the Kobald area. The fates pop back to back and you can just watch netflix while doing the fates.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I dunno, those fates are level 48 or something. 30 seems low, you'd get rekt by everything in between those two fates.

During the first yokai event I did exactly this so I know it worked, maybe it was more like starting at lv35-40 rather than 30 I guess.

(Also you need to be in a fate party for this for the credit)

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

actual picture of pugs trying to do southern cross in zurvex:

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

also, farm party + bonus = skeptical

skeptical + two people dying to the first sophia daughter = definitely not a farm party

and then, in the one run we complete before disbanding, the dickhead who couldn't stay alive got the whistle HAHAHA I LOVE YOU RNGESUS /sob