1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 550 of 575 FirstFirst ... 500 540 548 549 550 551 552 560 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Being the complaint thread I feel like I can complain or rant here. I'm sure everyone has heard this before and if you don't want to read it again just skip this post.

I resubbed for the expansion. Leveled AST to 70 which was slow. Leveled RDM to 70 which was slower because of the queues and at that point the lack of people to make Fates good xp while waiting on queues. I really like the changes they made to all the jobs, if I actually had something to do for endgame I would've leveled the rest of my jobs to 70 too. It was fun at first but I can't spend another 20-40 hours grinding dungeons, pvp and fates. I cleared Omega Normal and tried for 1-2 weeks to stay caught up with tomes and drops, which by the way did not happen at all. I had this concern from the beginning, it's the second expansion with the same systems with a fresh coat of paint. I cannot justify continuing to subscribe when all I do is login, run around town waiting on queues to pop to gear up for pretty much nothing.

I'm not interested in doing Savage content because I don't have a static and to this day the game still penalizes you for having someone in your party that has already cleared the runs for the week. I also don't think that endgame should be confined to playing a complex version of jump rope with 7 other people. The raids should be more than just 1 room with 1 boss with absolutely no journey or puzzles or theorycrafting. I mean at this point what's the difference between a Primal battle and an Omega floor?

I don't understand the point of having a free company, if you have more than 8 people in the FC the extra people are basically fucked unless they fend for themselves and start their own static. To me there's very little meaningful content outside of the 8-man and 24-man raids, I don't care for maps, aquapolis and whatever the new one was. I liked Palace of the Dead for floors 1-100, I did not attempt to make it to the final floor. Again my issue is that the content is so braindead and handholding that it ruins any sort of challenge that it could provide. Why don't we have floor objectives? Why don't we have HNMs/NMs that randomly pop on each floor? Why do we even have a minimap in POTD?

I feel like the game is reduced down to the very basics so much in the content it provides that I feel like i'm playing an MMO designed for elementary or middle school kids. People keep asking for harder content and Yoshi-P seems to take this as meaning we want more elaborate battles, more mechanics to juggle, tighter DPS or healing checks. This is all trash to me, I'd rather have less elaborate bosses and more exploration and problem solving. As an XI player I felt we were cheated with the Diadem, they gave up and gave us another zone just to basically do fucking FATES of all things. I have never heard anyone suggest that the game could use more FATE based content. This also makes me worry about Eureka, I feel like it's going to be the same shit with a fresh coat of paint. Return to Ivalice sounds interested but i'm already making the assumption that it's yet again more of the same. It's going to be the same thing as the Crystal Tower and World of Darkness but with an Ivalice theme.

I have such a love-hate relationship with XIV and it kills me because I really want to love it. I'll keep checking on updates and interviews but unless Yoshi decides to start taking risks and stop giving us the same content every update I think my sub will stay cancelled.

Try to get up to 200 in POTD. It actually is challenging and requires careful planning if resources available.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Try to get up to 200 in POTD. It actually is challenging and requires careful planning if resources available.
    One day I will but i'm over all of it right now. I'd also like to get the title from T9S. I spent about 6 months getting the clear for T9 and that was between 3 different statics and constantly having people not show up. It's another one of the reasons why I don't want to deal with the current endgame. I want the Domitor title so I can show off all the blood, sweat and tears I spent getting the clear for normal.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

You are correct on all points. I stay subbed because the game is beautiful and looking at it makes me happy. Also I met my bf there and it's kind of the place to meet a few of my friends. (also final fantasy owns my soul) But the only things I actually do in the game after I've leveled all my jobs are fishing, fuckin around in dungeons/primals and decorating my house. There is very little interesting content and there's nothing that isn't repetitive to a disgusting degree. As someone who relished endgame in XI, I can't really be bothered to do the poor, self-contained thing they pass off as endgame in XIV. I have zero doubts that Return to Ivalice will be reskinned Void Ark and more of the same. The gear progression system is awful and I die a little every time I get a piece of gear and realize it's going to be replaced next patch. But I still do it because I hate myself or something.

Yoshi wasn't kidding when he said it was a theme park; you go there for the atmosphere, to see the sights and hear the sounds, ride a couple rides with lines that are way too long (tanks are fast-pass holders ofc), and at the end of the day when you return home you've spent money and entertained yourself but as an adult it's hard to forget the lost hours standing in line in the heat and all the money you wasted on stupid carnival games for prizes you didn't even really want/need.

POTD to 200 is actually very hard, at least the first time you try it. Only attempted it with one group and we wiped on 195 or something to dragons.

I still think Dungeons is the main thing they should fix, it's usually the content most people run because they're part of main quests/daily roulettes, it's only 4 man and we could do with hard 4 man content and we have so many of the things that if all of them were actually worth running and more varied we'd basically quite a bit of content overnight. I mean, I'd rather we have longer raids, more fights but I know not everyone does that, and I still do dungeons multiple times a day.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's crazy is there is reason to believe subs are trending UP. How many games open entirely new worlds 4 years after launch? I suspect they have an active monthly sub count roughly the same as 2.3 or so. Isn't there a Reddit thread or something that tracks active characters in lodestone?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    What's crazy is there is reason to believe subs are trending UP. How many games open entirely new worlds 4 years after launch? I suspect they have an active monthly sub count roughly the same as 2.3 or so. Isn't there a Reddit thread or something that tracks active characters in lodestone?
    Take into consideration the servers themselves. Most MMOs do not need to open new worlds even with population bursts (new expansion release) because their server has higher capacity and aren't shit or using 'super server' setups. Occasionally you'll see new servers get opened on other MMOs for various reasons, be it RP, PvP or purely PvE etc.

There indeed is a topic for that.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Palace of the Dead to 200 is probably the most satisfying thing I've done since beating Titan Hardmode with 3.2k hp. It's definitely much more of a FFXI challenge than anything else I've found.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

And then there's doing it solo. Of which I heard a jp player has done and seen a vid of a 190 kill, think I remember them saying they got to 196.

All on RDM of course (omg op plz nerf!)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What are people doing with their poetics?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm using it to buy all relic/anima related items for when I eventually go build it all. Maybe not anima as there's no quick way to farm lights solo yet.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm buying accessories to trade in for GC seals that I use to buy ventures that I use to feed my retainer army that brings me shineys in unprocessed form.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Making 260 sets for growing new retainers, otherwise desynthesizing for lv61~ materials.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Leadleaf View Post
    Making 260 sets for growing new retainers, otherwise desynthesizing for lv61~ materials.
    Can get the gobdips/twines/coats to upgrade those to 270 for 100 poetics too.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

"first time, please be nice to me" = "I'm going to stand in the GIGANTIC RED ZONE OF DEATH" for no reason and not even try to move

new to the battle, I understand. but you are not new to AVOIDING GIGANTIC RED ZONES OF DEATH.

bads gonna bad

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FFXIV Random Complaint Thread II: DPS can't count to potato

Are relics worth it? I just hit 50. Willing to spend my poetics and banking for my pld. Seems most complain but the quest seems easier then getting a relic from ff11. Which I did.

I'm r ally just using poetics to get ironworks and will use to get basic igear.

It's not worth it

Unless you want super shiny glamours.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's something to do when you have got nothing else to do and you're really looking for an excuse to play the game when not gathering, crafting or fflogs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm with a lot of the recent posts, 2nd expansion with the exact same system in place and just a shiny new paint. If they made other ways to grind currency than dungeons/raids/pvp then I would likely be somewhat still interested. game is super pretty and everything and things look shiny, but at this point I want to do other stuff with my time than repeat the same 2 year cycle.

I've been on the downward turn for a bit on FFXIV and I was hoping the xpac would make me enjoy the game again.