1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 567 of 575 FirstFirst ... 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 ... LastLast

It can be rough to heal when people fuck up but that usually means enrage more than not being able to continue. Generally the fight is fine overall until healing dragons at which point doing anything else is basically impossible.

Some of the tank busters can be a bitch to deal with as well since PUG tank are no where near consistent. And well, if your tanks suck it doesn't really matter how well you heal in that fight.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What to do with all these poetics?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've been using mine for making old relics for glamour or leveling desynthing, but desynthing would depend on your level of it. I was using Centurio Seal gear before the poetics gear in Idyllshire.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Buy unidentified ore. Exchange for Thanalan Grade 3 soil.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I've heard two options that work for people who don't care about using them on relic glamours or desynthesis.

1) Buy Unidentifiable Ore (150 poetics) - You can then turn this ore in for Grade 3 Thanalan Topsoil which can be sold.
    Unidentifiable Ore - Idyllshire - Hismena <Tomestone Exchange> - Special Arms submenu
    Grade 3 Thanalan Topsoil - Idyllshire - Bertana <Primal Gear Exchange> - Uncanny Knickknacks submenu

2) Buy i260 accessories (180 poetics) - Turn these into your GC for seals, then use the seals to buy sellable stuff like Coke.
    i260 accessories - Idyllshire - Hismena <Tomestone Exchange> - DoW II or DoM II submenus

Edit: Dang, beaten to it while I was looking up the vendors.

Side note to those few who do CRP desynthesis, for some odd reason two of the STR i260 accessories are CRP.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm still catching up on a bunch of 3.0 stuff that I didn't do cause I didn't play after 3.1...where do I find Diadem, and are there any key items/atherytes/must haves I should get in case they bring it back and I want to be able to function/move around? Plus where do I start. And does it have a quest line like the 24 man raids do like void ark?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

By the AST house in Ishgard is where all your Diadem needs will be met. Forgot if it had quests, but don't recall anything substantial.

Also note that it's currently dead content, unless you have 7 willing buddies and bumchums.

There's nothing you are missing/need to do except to unlock the ability to go in.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When you try out a new class, go into DF: Leveling, and get primals back to back for crappy exp.

Thank god for Command Missions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But command missions aren't that amazing exp wise too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    But command missions aren't that amazing exp wise too
    Huh? They're the best EXP you'll get in that level range, Squadron is overpowered lol (especially Archers).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It can be the best you can get, doesn't mean it's amazing of course I'm waiting this because I usually only run dungeons with bonus, so ignoring that it's still a good option, no queues too etc. Just wish we already had 50+ dungeons because I'm talking as someone with all jobs at 50 or higher, low lever dungeons don't matter without roulette bonus

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah like with a lot of XIV, it's designed for "New players" in mind, rather than their concurrent playerbase. For example the dungeon selection literally makes no sense, outside of a player newer to XIV and didn't use a skip potion, because some of these dungeons no one really solo queues for these days, especially with how you can literally skip over them in no time outside of the potion.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Today I learned is that primal extremes are serious business and that being in a company of asses who don't want to have fun but demand absolute perfection is a perfect way to feel miserable (PT Leader was like "Fail 1st phase and I blacklist you"). Thanks to being nervous I ended up getting knocked back by the stupid tail (how I don't even know) at the end of Phase 2 and all I hear is I was a 'trap' player. Never mind that all mechanics were taken care of by myself w/o issue. I got out of that party right away and joined another Shinryuu party right after. After 4 easy wins and my Shinryuu Rod, I could say "Wow, I had a good time.". Karma does work sometimes. But man, some of this player base is unbelievable.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

People who run groups that are 1 fuck up and I kick are usually major trap parties. People will flood them thinking "oh I wont get any mechanics, that means I can get easy clears" and then they have no idea how to handle said mechanics and you end up wasting 20 minutes of your time.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The thing was everyone had the clear and we clearly knew the mechanics but their attitude was just so horrible. People make a mistake here and there, especially when you start off the fight with other players being just plan nasty ( i still don't get what a trap player is"). My second party took the same amount of time to kill Shinryuu but people were enjoying the fight and each other (and we knew what to do). I suppose my point is that these certain players need to work more on group synergy than demanding the absolute best from PUGs. Even good players will be uncomfortable around such personalities. Not ironically, every clear from primals I have had has been from clear parties that take it slow and maybe wipe 3 times before everything clicks.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah unfortunately that doesn't really happen too often. People unsatisfied with the performance of one or two people know thay they can be easily replaced. I don't always agree with it but its easier to replace a shitter now than it was back in the days of shouting in wg for people to do an event you could participate once every 72hrs that lasted 10 minutes, 2 hours of that spent afk at a gate waiting for someone to come back.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FFXIV Random Complaint Thread II: DPS can't count to potato

My fishing is 60. Need to install Stormblood. To continue fishing. Question, best way for me to make Gil. Fiancé wants an apartment to garden. Why?!?!?!?

So I gotta make that money!! Should I keep levelling ARM. It's currently at 30.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you don't already have crafts leveled to 60 to HQ some older mats/equipment that has some value, you can always burn maps and do Canals, since that rains gil once you get deeper in, even in the 3.0 versions of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Housing shit is still pretty expensive.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

An apartment only runs 500k though, which is what they want.