1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 526 of 575 FirstFirst ... 476 516 524 525 526 527 528 536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    Got to 70 as a Paladin, allegedly the "best" tank in stormblood right now, and holy shit is it a miserable experience.
    You want miserable? Read this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...2o&sh=6ccebc08

The amount of people who not only don't get the issue (the aggro thing) but also think it's good gameplay to force a Tank to spam emnity combos, it's the way they seem to hold Tanks who want to contribute DPS in some serious contempt based of abitrary definitions of what a Tank should do.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Shirk is a fucking amazing ability and it is down played so hard, if people would use it during swaps you would have 0 need for an enmity combo as it stands every major tank buster in Susano can use shirk as well to pass over 25% of your current enmity, not only that but at the start of pulls once everyone has had their burst taunting and shirking back to the main tank is a GREAT enmity nuke.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    You want miserable? Read this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...2o&sh=6ccebc08

The amount of people who not only don't get the issue (the aggro thing) but also think it's good gameplay to force a Tank to spam emnity combos, it's the way they seem to hold Tanks who want to contribute DPS in some serious contempt based of abitrary definitions of what a Tank should do.
    Fuck. I should schedule a chemotherapy session after reading that.

Fuck this gay Earth. The state of tanking is probably the worst it has been at any point in the existence of XIV. It's especially frustrating when you see how close they were in HW to getting it right, the unforgivable incompetence displayed with PLD aside. Now it's just so dull, slow, and beyond frustrating when you're punished on a design level for trying to accomplish more than some random DF shitter.

They just cannot stop sitting on their balls. I wonder how sharply the tank population is going to plummet between this trainwreck and RDM/SAM being fun.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this world is currently full

players in queue: 1

OH COME ON

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Final Side Quest Fantasy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The amount of side quests and this expansion is insane. And I saw people say it's a good thing lol. In HW when I reached 60 I only had a couple of quest marks left on map, this time there's a shit ton because I started to ignore them after Ruby Sea, when I missed exp to another mission I would rather run a dungeon once or twice because I would at least gear myself up at the same time. Of course that worked because I'm a healer so almost no queues

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Fuck. I should schedule a chemotherapy session after reading that.

Fuck this gay Earth. The state of tanking is probably the worst it has been at any point in the existence of XIV. It's especially frustrating when you see how close they were in HW to getting it right, the unforgivable incompetence displayed with PLD aside. Now it's just so dull, slow, and beyond frustrating when you're punished on a design level for trying to accomplish more than some random DF shitter.

They just cannot stop sitting on their balls. I wonder how sharply the tank population is going to plummet between this trainwreck and RDM/SAM being fun.
    RDM is my first 70, but damn after being so happy with VIT giving damage, I really don't want to go back to fighting over the VIT vs STR meta. I've been wondering why I keep shitting over tanks with my threat and I just now realized that tanks are missing 200+ STR worth of damage due to SE changing main stat calculations again.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    RDM is my first 70, but damn after being so happy with VIT giving damage, I really don't want to go back to fighting over the VIT vs STR meta. I've been wondering why I keep shitting over tanks with my threat and I just now realized that tanks are missing 200+ STR worth of damage due to SE changing main stat calculations again.
    It's incredible, isn't it? Tenacity is, somehow, possibly even worse as a stat than Parry. I don't know how this dev team can keep getting away with absolfuckinglutely befuddling, incompetent, and perhaps even retarded decisions like this without even their most ardent whiteknights becoming visibly frustrated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ories/dj9j9id/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaella
    The reason is because SE wants tanks to do tiny amounts of damage, because if all tanks do tiny amounts of damage, then the difference between a bad tank's DPS and a good tank's DPS is also tiny.

The smaller the difference in DPS between a good tank and a bad tank, the less effort SE has to put in when they start designing and tuning raid/progression content.

Their ideal situation is that all tanks, regardless of skill, deal the exact same amount of damage, so that they only ever have to worry about the difference in damage between good and bad DPS players.

They're willing to make the game less fun to do it; they're willing to create balance problems to do it; they're willing to create a situation like 3.0/3.1 where tank accessories from raids are garbage to do it. So there are dozens of arguments you can make about why it's a bad idea, what would be a better way to handle it, etc, but they don't matter, because that's all secondary to creating a game where the difference between a good player and a bad player is as small as possible.

You can do a find/replace on this post with 'tanks' and 'healers', and it's all just as true.
    This is probably true, given what's going on here.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm missing old delirium.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ran home from work yesterday to log in on lunch ish time to avoid 3k log in on failmung. Playing ps4. Power went out at home at some point. Got home after work. 22g install because of power error..

Purchased pc version. Never again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I'm missing old delirium.
    Me too, even if they cucked it up when they made it cause its debuff/potency could have been improved

I was having an argument with a WAR on my FC, the guy is proper OFWhiteknight. His argument was that now its good as everyone is forced to play the role they signed for instead of trying to be something they are not, and because DPS/enmity generation is lower it forces tanks to be better focused on what they do to keep aggro. I did Susano on RDM as my roulette last night and the two healer kept dieing, I managed to raise them and healing the MT enough to get us back on our feet to win it 1st try, which got me 6 comms. In these people head the proper reasoning would have been to just keep DPSing because RDM is not a healer and we should wipe rather than helping with other things. Idiots.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    Ran home from work yesterday to log in on lunch ish time to avoid 3k log in on failmung. Playing ps4. Power went out at home at some point. Got home after work. 22g install because of power error..

Purchased pc version. Never again.
    You could always transfer to another server and cross-world whatever with whomever you like there, keep a discord handy unless you're that into RP that sitting in that queue is fine with you.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Me too, even if they cucked it up when they made it cause its debuff/potency could have been improved

I was having an argument with a WAR on my FC, the guy is proper OFWhiteknight. His argument was that now its good as everyone is forced to play the role they signed for instead of trying to be something they are not, and because DPS/enmity generation is lower it forces tanks to be better focused on what they do to keep aggro..
    A tank's job is to maintain top threat at all costs. Anything that would contribute towards this goal should be used. That includes dealing respectable amounts of damage. Enmity modifiers are just that.. modifiers. Damage is everything in this game.

That being said, I'm not sure myself how long I'll continue playing DRK. I got WHM and BLM both 60, but that Lagrosse or whatever is 10% less than what Divine Seal was(with even longer CD), which is basically a nerf to Regen and Medica II, as those were the 2 spells I used DS on the most. BLM looks fine.. but then, Yoshida likes/plays BLM >_>.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The gutting of abilities just makes SCH boring. That and I hear SCH has some serious issues at 70. All in all so far very disappointed with this expansion. I liked how HW had a lot of side quests but it didn't feel so bad since each zone had a long quest chain that basically told the story of that zone. This time every time you do 2-3 story missions 20 side quests pop up and it just never ends.

Sorkin also failed big time. He basically dialed in this main theme and has it playing in every atherite/city/hub type zone and its so unbeat and cheery and in your face for the first time in my FFXIV gaming career I turned off zone music because I just can't stand it. That, and he was too lazy to make unique music for each hub zone so you literally can not escape it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    You could always transfer to another server and cross-world whatever with whomever you like there, keep a discord handy unless you're that into RP that sitting in that queue is fine with you.
    Can you make a pre made cross world?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    All in all so far very disappointed with this expansion. I liked how HW had a lot of side quests but it didn't feel so bad since each zone had a long quest chain that basically told the story of that zone. This time every time you do 2-3 story missions 20 side quests pop up and it just never ends..
    All subjective, etc. but I felt HW basically forcing you to run dungeons or FATEs in order to advance through the MSQ was poor design. They clearly beefed the number of SQ to avoid that, and you can only create so many endearing tales in a single zone. That aside, the only zones to wit that didn't offer much in the way of exposition were the Fringes and Peaks. Yanxia, Ruby Sea, and the Steppe all went into quite a bit of detail

And I can genuinely say no button spamming SQ chain in this expansion thus far have made me hate a zone as much as the Moogle line did

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Can you make a pre made cross world?
    Yeah and then make a private party and provide the password.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The amount of side quests and this expansion is insane. And I saw people say it's a good thing lol. In HW when I reached 60 I only had a couple of quest marks left on map, this time there's a shit ton because I started to ignore them after Ruby Sea, when I missed exp to another mission I would rather run a dungeon once or twice because I would at least gear myself up at the same time. Of course that worked because I'm a healer so almost no queues
    I did the same thing. However, the way I see it is the sidequests are there when I want to break up the monotony of leveling up another job. I'm not pressuring myself into burning through them all like I did with Heavensward then having nothing but Roulette and FATEs to level up on pre-POTD.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of pushing my static to move if possible. The issue is that we have a pretty wide community of people that we all play with. I dont like not being able to cock about in the overworld with friends.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Sorkin also failed big time. He basically dialed in this main theme and has it playing in every atherite/city/hub type zone and its so unbeat and cheery and in your face for the first time in my FFXIV gaming career I turned off zone music because I just can't stand it. That, and he was too lazy to make unique music for each hub zone so you literally can not escape it.
    Yeah but it also has some of the best zone themes, like Yanxia and Azim Steppe. It's hard to decide whether I want to turn off the music or listen to it; depends on what I'm doing so I have it turned off about half the time right now :< I do like how the main theme is used in certain instances. I like the Lochs theme too, and the variation of the theme in the background of many story missions. It would be hard to believe that he'd willingly make the music so non-varied throughout several zones, but I actually can believe it because it makes sense to have a common thread across so many different zones. If you think about it, "revolution" is the main theme and it needs to feel more or less the same across all the places you go, Doma or Ala Mhigo. So in that case I understand the need to follow the common thread from start to finish.

Not saying I like it, though.