1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 542 of 575 FirstFirst ... 492 532 540 541 542 543 544 552 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Funny thing is that most healers expect RDMs to carry their asses nowadays. Heck sometimes I get yelled at becuase I don't interrupt my melee combo to raise someone...

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Funny thing is that most healers expect RDMs to carry their asses nowadays. Heck sometimes I get yelled at becuase I don't interrupt my melee combo to raise someone...
    I only start raising with more than 2 deaths, or 2 if at least one is a healer. And yes, you can be raising, manashifting, emergency tank healing, and still manage top dps in O4N (that's the demerit of the other players, though), and get 0 commendations /saltyasfuck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy fuck I'm bad at SAM. Top DPS in my raid on O2S and O3S and still bottom half percentile.

I need help ; ;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I know in savage our RDM will pick someone up, I realistically only ever expect them to use raise WHEN its needed..and not forget they actually can raise..so many idiots committing suicide (including the rdm) because both healers die when the rdm could have not only cured, but also raised one or both healers and we could recover.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Less complaint more like QoL wish... Why didnt they implement the Combo Macros/Buttons they had for PVP for normal playing on alot of melees/tanks? I dont see why they wouldnt do that QoL adjustment for the normal game. instead of 3 i have 6 buttons on my hotbar for combos.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm sure PVP was beta. It's coming eventually

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Less complaint more like QoL wish... Why didnt they implement the Combo Macros/Buttons they had for PVP for normal playing on alot of melees/tanks? I dont see why they wouldnt do that QoL adjustment for the normal game. instead of 3 i have 6 buttons on my hotbar for combos.
    Tbh this should have been done for Impact and Jolt 2 too.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Add Blood Weapon/Blood Price into that, where it should adjust depending on stance.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    YES PLEASE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not until they fix the "interrupt cast because proc wears off" thing. SMN has it, why not RDM?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Not until they fix the "interrupt cast because proc wears off" thing. SMN has it, why not RDM?
    I've gotten used to looking up my timers to see if they're about to wear... but you're absolutely correct. I shouldn't have to do that, and it's annoying af

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Surecast disappearing the second you start a cast, not after the cast finishes. Was hoping to use it on O4S Vacuum Wave to precast a big heal as it knocks back the party, but instead I have to hit Surecast, wait for Vacuum Wave to do the knockback on everyone else, and then heal.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just make it similar to a combo, just with a longer execution?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Add Blood Weapon/Blood Price into that, where it should adjust depending on stance.
    While this would be great, my observation for PvE (is WAR the only job that gets auto-adjusting buttons?) is that such abilities share a cooldown. Maybe they can figure out how to do that and not have them share cooldown. They do it in PvP. One can hope.

Surecast needs to be adjusted to just be active for the whole 5-10s. It wouldn't be that crazy.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Surecast disappearing the second you start a cast, not after the cast finishes. Was hoping to use it on O4S Vacuum Wave to precast a big heal as it knocks back the party, but instead I have to hit Surecast, wait for Vacuum Wave to do the knockback on everyone else, and then heal.
    Yeah someone mentioned to use it in dun scaith first boss, same deal. What a letdown.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So... this group I had in Aurum Vale. 2 were new, the tank wasn't and he was pretty good. The problem was the language barrier. Both were french. Tank is telling them to eat fruit at 3 stacks(well it should be 2 for the first boss but whatever, if you're quick enough on the third, it can be healed through). The tank was dutch.

After the fight(both died due to 5 stacks) he like if you need explaining we can explain. This is when I looked into the party menu and saw they were french. One thing I noticed on EU servers, if a player is playing like they don't know what they are doing.. almost always a french player. And I don't mean that to be rude; The French can only learn from the French because it appears none of them know english. Anyway, I told the tank that those two are french and I don't speak french, then he's like he doesn't speak english, sorry(meaning he did not understand what I said...). So I'm like (I'm not going to be in this dungeon for 60+ minutes.). Coincounter took 10 minutes, the rest was history.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ironically, assuming we're all FFXI players here we could've easily gotten around that using the auto translator.

{Please Listen}
    Tank should then: /point <t>
    (the above should do an emote in their client language)
    {Please check it}
    {poison (status)} @2 {Please use it}

(As we got no proper term for that debuff, poison should suffice)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just make it similar to a combo, just with a longer execution?
    There's no need really. SMN already has a system in place where their Ruin IV will still go off if the buff disappears during casting (and Ruin IV also replaces Ruin and Ruin III in your bar), they can easily apply this to RDM as well. It's really minor ,and SMN needs way more help than RDM, but I don't understand why one job has it and not the other.
    Same for the Physick/Vercure thing which wouldn't really bother me as much if they didn't remove Sustain... I understand their "lore" explanation but it's silly that SMN has a spell they can't use at all. Replace Physick with something useful when you switch to SMN.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    While this would be great, my observation for PvE (is WAR the only job that gets auto-adjusting buttons?) is that such abilities share a cooldown. Maybe they can figure out how to do that and not have them share cooldown. They do it in PvP. One can hope.

Surecast needs to be adjusted to just be active for the whole 5-10s. It wouldn't be that crazy.
    Right now, the only way that I can get the knockback benefit from Surecast is to pair it with swifty/triple since surecast doesn't get consumed if it's an instant cast spell.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The French can only learn from the French because it appears none of them know english.
    It is not so much that French do not know English, it is that they simply refuse to use it, because those shits think French is the best.

Wtf @the dutch guy not knowing English, that's actually pretty rare from my experience. Dutch is freakin useless unless you do nothing online here, so learning English is pretty much mandatory.