+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Toy Story 4 (June 21, 2019)

‘Toy Story 4′ Will Open June 2017

The toys are back in town one more time. In an announcement we’ve been expecting for a long time, the CEO of Disney Bob Iger has revealed that Pixar will release Toy Story 4 on June 16, 2017. John Lasseter will return to direct.
    3's ending was great closure but Disney can't get enough of that sweet moolah so we get a fourth movie the same year we get Star Wars Episode VIII.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Since Lasseter is still going to direct it, I have hopes it'll at least be decent enough.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'm not sure how I feel about this. 3's ending was phenomenal because of the way it encapsulated the feelings of everyone who grew up with the movies. Disney should respect that theme and realize it’s time to let go.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's not just time to let go because 3 ended it so well, it's time to let go because Toy Story has basically run itself dry. Come on Pixar, make something different. The endless parade of sequels needs to stop somewhere.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Since Lasseter is still going to direct it, I have hopes it'll at least be decent enough.
    Lasseter also wrote and directed both Cars films so....

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Sigh

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Lasseter also wrote and directed both Cars films so....
    What is wrong with Cars 1?

I never understood the hate on that. Cars 2 wasn't great, but my daughter is suuuuuuuuuuuper obsessed with it. Disney really had a void for boy-oriented kids cartoons, too.

[edit] And my daughter is at that age she wants to watch things ten million times. Cars is definitely on the list of not-as-annoying. Barney and Thomas are on the list of, OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE ALREADY.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

blax n gunz
    BG Level

What is wrong with Cars 1?
    It's not horrible but it feels flatter compared to the imagination on display with the films that surround it. It was the follow up to The Incredibles and...well, everything feels much more by the numbers. And then Ratatouille comes out and you're wondering what the hell went wrong during the making of Cars? Did Brad Bird's team suck all the oxygen out of the room?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Come on Pixar, make something different. The endless parade of sequels needs to stop somewhere.
    I blame Disney, not Pixar.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    It's not horrible but it feels flatter compared to the imagination on display with the films that surround it. It was the follow up to The Incredibles and...well, everything feels much more by the numbers. And then Ratatouille comes out and you're wondering what the hell went wrong during the making of Cars? Did Brad Bird's team suck all the oxygen out of the room?
    ehhhh I mean yeah sure it didn't push the limits of some of the other films, but I think it was still solidly made. Idk, seeing my daughter's eyes light up everytime she gets to see them at Disneyland makes me think they did something right.

I think it's a film more kid-friendly than family-friendly. But to each their own.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I feel like kids are going to react the same to any and every animated movie depending on their age. Kids that are older now and adults now loved Toy Story and Shrek, younger kids loved Ice Age, even younger kids Cars and Planes as shitty as those are. Whatever is the big animated movie is what kids are going to go crazy over as they appeal to that age group.

Then you get movies that sort of transcend age groups and are enjoyable to everyone. What makes or breaks these movies to me is how well they do with adults. I love Ice Age, the first Shrek or two, Toy Story, LOVED How to train your Dragon and I really enjoyed Ratatouille. Cars is shit. Planes is shit. Most of these movies are just garbage and cash cows trying to sell to children who don't know any better. But then you get those those few movies that are good no matter your age... When you get movies like Frozen or How to train your dragon that have come out in recent years as we are adults and we still enjoy them, that's what makes them good.

This Toy Story frightens me, but there are kids in my family I'll find an excuse to go see it with.

I'm at work and its late, sorry if that came out like crap and made no sense.

I need to watch The Brave Little Toaster and Fievel Goes West and cry myself to sleep.

Omg and The Rescuers Down Under, someone hold me.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Didn't Pixar take the end of 2013 to 2014 off to do some creative brainstorming after Monsters University? Sure as hell doesn't feel like it. I think the only Pixar film I'm hyped for is Incredibles 2.

I hope though that Pixar can find their touch again to make original movies. It's why I liked Up, Wall-E, and Incredibles so much; they were fresh concepts.

I agree, they should have left this alone. Toy Story 3 did a really good job of wrapping things up, no need to reopen it. I like movies like Big 6. It may not be a new concept completely but it takes a different approach. Wreck-it Ralph was one of my favorite animated movies in the past few years. It was original and definitely hit the nostalgia button pretty hard with the characters.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Just... why?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Toy Story 4: Age of Extinction

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

ehhhh I mean yeah sure it didn't push the limits of some of the other films, but I think it was still solidly made. Idk, seeing my daughter's eyes light up everytime she gets to see them at Disneyland makes me think they did something right.

I think it's a film more kid-friendly than family-friendly. But to each their own.
    Seems to be you like it so much because your children do. It's no Shark Tale, but it was pretty...mediocre.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The quality of Disney films skyrocketed after their acquisition of Pixar. Coincidence? I think not.

Also, on the point of "shit" vs "good" movies. I always thought Ratatouille was very lack luster. I felt Cars was a much stronger film overall. /shrug Frozen was entertaining but that story was so full of plot holes it shows it was made for kids. Tangled was a better film imo.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe we should just let it go.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Seems to be you like it so much because your children do. It's no Shark Tale, but it was pretty...mediocre.
    I see it a lot more because of her, it's true. But we liked it even before she was born. We even bought it before she was born.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast