Closed Thread
Page 129 of 224 FirstFirst ... 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

@PlayOverwatch 1m1 minute ago

[BREAKING] LumériCo network security breach underway, power outages reported across Mexico.

- Suspect unidentified
    - Portero: "No comment"

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Must have been Sombra causing the DC issues some people were having.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The USA vs Russia match was intense few days ago. USA the juggernaut of a team choked vs Russia and lost 1-2 feels bad man.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I expect the US to get rekt by Korea in the 1st round of the knockout bracket.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Do not slide below 2000 SR

Started at 2200, went up to 2300 after a month of solo queue. Went on a like 10 game losing streak, ended up at 1800, and it's just like an 80% loss rate below, dragged myself down to 1500 ; ;

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

The US was always going to lose to Korea at some point, might as well end it early.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Do not slide below 2000 SR

Started at 2200, went up to 2300 after a month of solo queue. Went on a like 10 game losing streak, ended up at 1800, and it's just like an 80% loss rate below, dragged myself down to 1500 ; ;
    can confirm, it's taken me the better part of two weeks to crawl back from 1800 to 2000+ in solo queue. the toxicity is just, just awful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    can confirm, it's taken me the better part of two weeks to crawl back from 1800 to 2000+ in solo queue. the toxicity is just, just awful.
    are you on pc?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm at around 2400 right now, season high being near 2500... and I've not played Comp in a bit since my partners in crime have different sleep/work schedules and we can only come together like once a week lol.

But yes, as you slide further down the tiers you run into more and more salty bad teamwork babies who take offense to the idea their initial instant lock pick wasn't 100% perfect for everything to come. God save me I wish I had enough friends I knew well enough to do 6 v 6 with... at least if I did 6 v 6 I would know why we lost... with solo, duo, or even 3 man Queue its all "Random roulette"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm on PC. Well, have PS4 too, but like never play it.

It really is the toxicity. Last few weeks has been the tale of how shitty Blizzard manages this.

On Attack on Anubis? First four picks are Reaper, Junkrat, Torb, Symmetra. Myself and another person haven't chosen. You just know it's going to fail spectacularly. I pick Lucio, say I'm happy to tank as well, but I think we could use a more balanced comp. Symmetra changes to Bastion..... The fuckery that came out of that match was bad.

Attack on Volkskaya? Same thing, I wait, see what people pick... Hanzo, Junkrat, Pharah. Well, maybe I can deal with three DPS... Nop, next person picks Soldier. Do my Lucio thing, offer to tank, etc... Fifth person picks Reaper. I don't understand why i'm penalized for leaving in these scenarios in Competitive.

This just repeats itself over and over and over. Every once in a while you get people who appreciate that you're willing to be Lucio (or Rein, usually no one will play him either), and try and make things work. I don't mind losing those, even if it's losing badly.

I'm really confused as to why Blizzard doesn't simply put in a thing where you can queue competitive, but it'd reference a list of choices. Like Temple of Anubis on Attack = Ana. Temple of Anubis on Defense = Zenyatta. Top that with "I want 2 Tanks, 2 Support, 2 DPS." or "3 Tanks / 3 Support". That way you can *ALWAYS* queue into what you want. It seems a really good way to make people work together by giving them the ability to group how they want by just clicking off a few boxes or something. Honestly, Blizzard should be capable of coming up with a better system than what I describe.

/salt

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still dono why it's so hard for blizzard to add an "avoid this player" option. Blocking someone doesn't work, you may end up with them again.

I'm so close to 2400 just solo queueing, trying to climb to plat before the season ends. It helps just mostly sticking to your comfort zones (zarya, reaper, zen for me) and if i have to, i tend to ask nicely if i can have a character, if they don't wanna switch, just gotta try my best with another (winston, lucio, soldier/pharah for me). IMO, if you can play a strong dps and know you can do so damn well with that dps, focus on your play, carry hard, you usually will get that W.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

My hero usage for Season 2:

Lucio: 4hrs
    Mercy: 2hrs
    Zenyatta: 1hr
    Reinhardt: 1hr
    Zarya: 22mins
    Ana: 10mins (just started playing her last week)

Obviously don't play that much, but it's pretty clear what people tend to play just based on what I have to play as I fill the roles.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Syn-1402

Jeez I lean too heavily on support. Though that stupid ridiculous 71% round-win rate on Lucio followed by 62% on Zenny.

I still have to say DPS have the hardest role right now because they have to be damn good to get some decent pick-offs.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DPS have a big burden as if you're DPS suck it's hard to carry that. A bad tank can be propped up by a fucking on point healing team. A bad healer can be saved by wrecking face DD and good tanks. Bad DPS is hard to make up for.

I mostly main Ana as she's an amazing healer with a huge tool kit so she's no boring like Lucio or Mercy to me, and it feel like I can actually defend myself when I'm dived. Zenyatta isn't bad for that but his survival is more "kill it quick" where as Ana can slow but steady and CC a diver.

Basically I love playing Ana so I don't mind I'm always stuck on her. Just wish there weren't so many shitty instant lock DPS at lower ranks. I mean they're probably there because they're decent with a gun having come from other FPS but are shit at the teamwork part of things. I'm hoping next season I can get a slightly higher placing ._. I don't want to be in 2000~2500 with the average dongs.

I'm on PC. I'd be willing to do a 6 man BG if y'all have any game sense.

Pretty sure there are dongs all the way to 3000, just a bit less common above like 2700. Under that are still basically gold players who can't really break into plat and just keep being shitty.

Didn't Bliz say they were fixing placements? Hopefully that will make it easier to get a higher rank even if you do start at like 2500.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah they are changing placements so that more people that started at/near plat should go back down to gold/silver.

This isn;t the first time they're changing placement, though, so who knows what they're actually doing and if it'll just make everyone go down in rank and not help keep people with similar skill together. They said that's basically the issue now; too many people around Plat/Diamond that should have placed lower.

I'm worried that, since I play almost solely support, I'll be thrown into the lower brackets. Placing in the same range both seasons so far helps quell my worries.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I still dono why it's so hard for blizzard to add an "avoid this player" option. Blocking someone doesn't work, you may end up with them again.

I'm so close to 2400 just solo queueing, trying to climb to plat before the season ends. It helps just mostly sticking to your comfort zones (zarya, reaper, zen for me) and if i have to, i tend to ask nicely if i can have a character, if they don't wanna switch, just gotta try my best with another (winston, lucio, soldier/pharah for me). IMO, if you can play a strong dps and know you can do so damn well with that dps, focus on your play, carry hard, you usually will get that W.
    They had an avoid player but took it out because some pro players got blacklisted by everyone for being too good.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

That's actually dumb. If you avoid them then they can't be on your team to carry you either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

:3 I'll just leave this here, first for me.

https://sendvid.com/wpzya3o9

Like, I didn't actually kill all of them, but most, the Blizzard and the team did the rest. Why would you not want to play Mei all the time? :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The DPS thing is always an issue. People, in general, win 50% of their games and lose 50%, give or take a bit. So one match Reaper has 48 kills and 45% kill participation. Next match, he gets 5 kills. And it must be like "I did so great before! This team must suck!" But I do agree, DPS carry best. If your DPS aren't on point, you're fucked.

I mostly end up healing, and I have my golden gun for Ana. I like how well she's risen in the meta because her kit is REALLY that useful. I can't tell you the number of times a Biotic Grenade on a Reinhardt who's being mobbed has literally won the point/match/whatever. Hit 3-4 people with damage + no healing for a few sec? Usually most of them die if your team is together. Sleeping Ults, etc. But fuuuuuuck when I lose a teammate because I had to reload after healing them 10 shots straight. That's the most frustrating. Managing that Biotic Grenade is really a key part of Ana.

Also fuck hitting Q on Rein or Reaper and someone you don't even *SEE* gets it -_- it's one of the things that makes me iffy about playing with Mercy + Rein, the Mercy will often fly to the Rein and end up boosted, so I'm super patient on that >_>