Closed Thread
Page 177 of 224 FirstFirst ... 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If anythhing, they should have just lowered her fire rate and amount of ult gained from healing.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    If anythhing, they should have just lowered her fire rate and amount of ult gained from healing.
    Her fire rate being lowered would nerf both attack and healing, I think that'd be even worse... and her Ult isn't really the problem anymore, especially with Orisa's ult coming to the table...

I'm okay with Ana being knocked down a bit even if she's my "Main", since I'm not a fan of must pick Hero's, even if they aren't really "must pick" tell that to Hanzo tilters.

But this... Its bad enough her Ult was hugely nerfed, and we have a new Hero whos providing a substantial damage boost in AoE form for more than double the duration of Ana's... but to nerf her survival kit so hard too? Splashing yourself/damaging a flanker already was a really rough choice because it removed your Grenade's potential for burst healing for the duration of its recast... I think a 50% nerf to the grenade and the huge hit to her DPS is going to put her in a significantly worse position than where she was when she was released... She's a high skill cap in comparison to Support who's value is being destroyed, its McCree all over again...

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    If they're flanking you as Ana that's more time you aren't healing your team, if you use a grenade to defend yourself then you lose the ability to use it when your team needs it and that's only if you manage to kill who's attacking you. Getting Ana on the ropes can be difficult since it's easier for her to look down and smash grenades than it is for flankers to hit head shots, but it's equally as difficult to survive getting pounced as Ana.

And even if you do your team is in a dangerous state because you can't grenade and possibly sleep or they could mostly be dead because you couldn't look at them. Long story short, getting the drop on Ana is an advantage, killing her generally means winning the team fight.

Most Ana should be calling for help when they get dived as well as trying to defend themselves. I see too many Ana players die because they think they're Chips or Ryujihong dueling a Tracer.
    I agree with everything you said. I'm just trying to figure out their logic. If you have to grenade yourself you lose utility and if you are spending time shooting some other player you're team is suffering. That is the punishment for Ana being able to hold her own for a bit against flankers.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Slightly new changes to PTR since last time >

Ana's grenade nerf is reverted, now does the normal 50/100.
    Ana's DPS nerf remains.

Zenyatta can't apply Discord through Barriers anymore
    Zenyatta's weapon spread is removed.

Sombra's hacked healtpacks can be seen through walls by all allies (It appears as a blue filled in model like other Hero's)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

zen spread buff is absurd

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    zen spread buff is absurd
    I didn't even realize he had a spread until it was pointed out x.x, only ever kinda noticed on the Right click and I thought that was exclusive to right click

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn I was eagerly awaiting for that Discord change to go live...

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I knew the discord change was too good to be true.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thank god they reverted the Grenade. Yes, it's a game changer. But people act like it's always available, and always used in the optimal situations. Unless you're in the pro scene, that simply isn't the case. Sometimes I need it to take out someone flanking me. Sometimes I need it to keep myself alive and it's the only option. What would you rather have: a dead Ana respawning or an Ana without grenade for it's cooldown? It's a simple answer.

The nerf to her DPS is a bit too much I think? Not really certain. As someone who's been an Ana main, I often am relegated to suppressing/killing Pharah because no one else can, it took three shots to kill her before, now it takes 4. But really, if the other team has a Pharah, one of your 5 other team members should be able to counter her. Lowering the damage from 80 to 70 would still make it possible to kill her in three hits, but still cuts out a small chunk of her DPS.

I know Doomfist is super likely to be next, and super likely to be a more melee oriented DPS hero, but I strongly feel we could use another interesting support/healer. Maybe something like tossing out healing items (like Torb health packs, but for HP). When I fuck around on Torb in QP, that's one of the most satisfying aspects to playing him, tossing armor packs onto those who directly need them, or strategically placing them where people will get the best use out of them. I know other games, MMOs, have had healers like that, and it feels like it might be a good fit for OW.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i think being able to effectively 3-shot so many heroes was pretty imbalanced, given her overall toolkit. the problem also comes from having so few supports to begin with, which pretty much makes her required because of her throughput (though the mercy buff has changed that substantially). two more healers from the current game's state and this version of ana (in live, not ptr) would look relatively more balanced.

that said i think there were a number of things they could have tried instead of brutally gutting her and then reverting her. falloff damage, changing anti-heal to 50% heal reduction, original 8 shot clip, etc, are a few examples.

btw, here's the new zen shot

https://gfycat.com/RevolvingInfamousCusimanse

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ana's kit is definitely very powerful, but in general I feel most people can't fully use it. Everyone who has a main will find problems with it, because well, they play it the most and notice those flaws very quickly.

Sure, Ana can three shot many heroes, and she's a healer/support hero. But unlike Lucio and Zenyatta, she can't do both things at once.

- If you're focusing on getting Pharah out of the air, that's what, ~5 seconds you're usually scoped, standing still, unable to see those you should be healing, and are generally a sitting duck.

- Her healing can be very burst-y, but her clip limits it a lot. Nothing more frustrating than hearing your tank go "Where were the heals!?" When you landed a grenade on them, emptied your clip into them, and they die during your reload. It happens more often than you'd think, at least sub 3000SR. None of the other healers have forced "You can't heal now, even though you're a healer." moments. Makes you really manage your clip, but eventually that Reinhardt shield goes down or what not, and shit hits the fan. I just personally have a feel for "Shit, he's going to die" like 4-5 shots before I have to reload / pray my Grenade timer is up, and I figure that's the tradeoff for having the burst heals.

- Sleep Dart is utterly amazing, but not everyone is Ryujehong. It's a pretty difficult skill to land from distance, or on slippery targets, and often the bigger targets just get instantly woken up. I'm really curious to see what pro Ana's sleep dart percentage would be.

- Grenade is the only ability that I feel is just slightly OP. Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta all have ways of regenerating their own health. Ana has the Grenade. The ideal scenario is one where Ana is never required to heal herself, and preferable, never needs it for a tank, so she can use it offensively. Honestly, it's the same as FFXIV's healers: The less healing they have to do, the more DPS they can add. It counts a lot of things, hell you can get triple and quad kills with it frequently, your team sucks at killing that Lucio dancing on the payload/point, grenade makes that easier too. But the moment you drop it's damage / anti-heal, it becomes underpowered. Perhaps they should split it into two abilities, an anti-heal grenade with a very long cooldown, and a heal grenade with the same cooldown. Or, make Ana grenades counter each other. Nothing more frustrating than tossing your grenade at the same time as another Ana, and it heals no one.

Balance is very intriguing to me, especially in Overwatch. I feel that heroes become "fun" the more you can use them to influence the battlefield. For some, it's about being able to kill the enemy team, so DPS characters have to be balanced to do enough damage to be satisfying, but not so much that it's overpowering, which is where all the various McCree and Soldier adjustments have come from. It's a relatively easier thing to balance than say, D.Va. She can definitely be played more defensively, using mobility and her Defense Matrix to cover whoever needs it, and she can flank extremely well, getting in and out and surviving, while doing some pretty decent damage. She's very good at affecting the battlefield in multiple ways, where as heroes like McCree and Soldier relatively only have one way to affect the field. Ana however, has such a powerful kit you can get Ana's who can both heal very well as needed and provide substantial DPS and counter/stop many ults... She's a bit too strong in her ability to affect the battlefield, but as soon as you starting reducing the strength of her abilities, she becomes significantly weaker.

[edit] Also, you need to be able to help in killing things as Ana, how else do you make up for the damage loss of always having a Hanzo on your team, especially on attack.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wall-of-text aside, wasn't Orisa released last Thursday? I was expecting her to be live today, and there's still time. Don't see anything on Reddit about it though, so idk?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

She is buggy as hell right now. Her bug list is about 4x larger than the bug list of the rest of the cast combined. She will be on PTR for a month is my guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

No shit? I was really psyched to play her on the live server, she's super fun

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yea if i remember they took a lil while to let ana and sombra chill on PTR as well

Ana was close to a month. Sombra was only a week, maybe two and that surprised everyone. However we've all seen her the long standing issues she's had:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...importance_of/

I'll add some cliffs later but this is a good thread

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Washington DC is the sponsor for NRG. Pretty neat.

http://mashable.com/2017/03/10/dc-sp...k#L7GetiJ_aqq3

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Ugh I feel like Orisa halt ability is way too good, combo'd with Mei wall, it's insanely good choke point breaker

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well at least she'd have one stand out ability... comboing with Mei ult sounds fun