Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Plus Ana or Zen both really help with your aim, projectiles anyway... Ana has both though. Her unscoped shots are projectile and her scoped shots are hitscan.

I used to enjoy Ana but I've leaned more toward Zen lately.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Ana was actually my first pick for healer, but I got frustrated trying to heal people. They'd jump/run around hitting the heal me thing, and when you literally just got the game... (Think I mentioned it during free play week.)

Didn't know about the hit scan in snipe mode. Maybe I'll try picking her back up. My aim is horrendous though. I tried playing Widow for the first time the other day.... I missed, a lot. I really don't understand how some Widows hit me the way I move because I can barely hit a moving target.

I was also thinking of trying Zen, I just have a weird aversion to using male characters. Makes me feel uncomfortable. He's a droid... but male voiced...

I'm good with Mei, ok with Symmetra and Mercy, meh with Orissa and D.Va. Getting better with Sombra, but I've heard she's pretty useless.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sombra is amazingly good, top tier pick at higher levels of play because of her ability to "counter" most dive compositions. But she's not someone you'll get a lot of value from uncoordinated. Still a handy hero to learn.

Your hero picks are all incredibly situational except D.va, and Mercy while good isn't in a good spot... PR wise... lol... If anything I'd try to find a hero from every category you really like playing, usually should cover all bases.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leashedragon View Post
    I'm getting real tired of being the only one willing to switch to what we need. You have people, as mentioned, who "we need a healer/tank" but won't change themselves. Nope, they'll stay on whatever so we have 6 dps/defense characters.

I got so sick of healing the other night I said fuck it, let someone else change. I want to play what I want for once... Haha.. right. No, they were content getting their shit pushed in over and over and demanding we need a healer. If someone does change, it's normally too late.

If I do go Mercy, idiots want to try and 1v6 and run off on their own, spam for heals, and expect me to go find them. Other thing I love is when they bitch "no rez??" No, you aren't getting one. Fuck you. I'm not wasting my ult on your single ass who hasn't once stepped on the objective.
    Sadly nothing can be done and it's why I play DPS now. As a tank you can't do much if your team does fuck all to stay together/stay behind. And if you play healer, have fun getting jumped while your team does nothing.

It's pretty much why I stopped giving a fuck and play whatever. You can't fix stupid.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Your hero picks are all incredibly situational except D.va, and Mercy while good isn't in a good spot... PR wise... lol... If anything I'd try to find a hero from every category you really like playing, usually should cover all bases.
    This is basically what I'm trying to do. Although I fucking love Mel. I feel like I contribute better with her as I tend to get silver or gold elims, can turn the tide of battle easily with a surprise bliz, and have a rather survivable character overall. You know you're doing the job well when you're getting called a cunt, lol. (The three of them teamed up and focused solely on me then. Shame I still picked one or two off before getting killed.)

Just not very fond of any of the DPS picks. Sombra is the only one who appeals to me.

As for the healer getting picked off while your team sits there.... I kited a Genji IN CIRCLES around a D.Va who just continued to tunnel vision straight ahead. I didn't die quickly, mind you. It was probably a good 10+ seconds of kiting while my team ignored him. I've even said in voice chat "so nd so coming from behind".. ignored, killed by uncontested dps focusing on me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Leashedragon View Post
    This is basically what I'm trying to do. Although I fucking love Mel. I feel like I contribute better with her as I tend to get silver or gold elims, can turn the tide of battle easily with a surprise bliz, and have a rather survivable character overall. You know you're doing the job well when you're getting called a cunt, lol. (The three of them teamed up and focused solely on me then. Shame I still picked one or two off before getting killed.)

Just not very fond of any of the DPS picks. Sombra is the only one who appeals to me.

As for the healer getting picked off while your team sits there.... I kited a Genji IN CIRCLES around a D.Va who just continued to tunnel vision straight ahead. I didn't die quickly, mind you. It was probably a good 10+ seconds of kiting while my team ignored him. I've even said in voice chat "so nd so coming from behind".. ignored, killed by uncontested dps focusing on me.
    Mei is real fun I agree, and shes can be very devastating even if people underestimate her. If you're a fan of Sombra you might be disappointed, her ability to actually be an "Attacker" is going to be hard to achieve without really really good aim/tracking. She has a decent spread and relatively low bullet damage (made up for by high rate of fire and 60 bullets), but since it is low damage/hit you'll need to land a lot of hits. She still works real well, but until you get to Diamond most people are going to assume its a troll or that youre the problem when they lose (and sometimes it may be true, especially if your team is ALLERGIC TO FUCKING USING YOUR HACKED HEALTHPACKS GHLRHLGHLR)

Zen is my favorite healer as he's both a relaxed enough healer that I don't have to micromanage a lot, but also a real powerful DPS in the right hands, and amazing support with Discord. Ana is fantastic too but definitely much higher skill cap and easy to get no value from her if you whiff a lot. Practice makes perfect though.

Tanks, you can't go wrong with D.va, and I think Zarya will be in a much better place soon. Winston is still pretty top tier but might change a bit with Doomfist and the perception of Reaper becoming much better than before. I think the Meta is going to be mixed up soon. Rein is still hardcore dead though, in most situations. Orisa is great on some points too and will probably be just fine in any many levels of play.

At the end of the day all this meta talk wont effect you, honestly, unless you're going for Esports or Top 500, and even in Top 500 there are Pro ass Junkrats/Mei's/Torbs/etc considered "Off meta" by many. So yah, stick to the philosophy you have and find stuff thats fun.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For those that collect the Overwatch POPs, Carbon Fiber D.Va (Blizzard Exclusive) went live.

http://gear.blizzard.com/overwatch-c...rbon-fiber-dva

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Spoiler: show

9-6...

Most ridiculous game I've played since S1 before the OT timer fix. Match time was like 28 minutes. We pushed first and capped with 1:20 left; they capped with 4:10 left. We then cap the first point in OT and manage to push the payload all the way to the end in OT, just insane. They push to the end with like 1 min left. Goes to another round where we both get 1 min and we do the same damn thing; cap first point in OT and then push the entire way in OT.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You know better than to do phone pics.

Epic games like that are the best. I still remember the one with you, Char, and I on Route 66. Round 1 we got stomped and didn't even get it to point 1. Round 2 we hold them off for like 3 min in OT with the payload like 0.1 away from winning. Was a vicious cycle of Char ice blocking the payload, you doing your Mercy floaty dance, and me cycling teles on Sym.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haha fairly certain Char posted a video of that game in this thread

BG Level

Roadhog buffs coming to the PTR soonish

We’re actually testing this exact thing right now internally. Currently we have been play testing Roadhog with -50% damage taken while using Take a Breather, and also allowing him to move at full speed while inhaling. These two changes combined certainly make him significantly more difficult to kill, while also allowing Roadhog players to be much more aggressive when trying to find a hook target, knowing they can survive a lot more easily.

We plan on throwing this up on the PTR asap (along with some other hero changes) so you guys can play with it as well. Its possible its actually too strong right now but we’ll have time to iterate on it.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I think if they can fix him being such an ult battery would put him in a better place. I can see that adding mitigation on his heal is a start, but still doesn't fix him IMO. Maybe add him a 3 second speed boost after the heal? Every other tank has a way to dampen or block the damage & reduce opposing ult charge.

Maybe that's one thing to slow down the ult charging - turn the knob down for ult charging when damaging tanks. It's quite ridiculous how huge hitboxes are penalized for being an ult pinata.

BG Level

Sometimes I wonder what the game would be like if ults weren't a thing so stuff like that was a non-issue.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably a bit more balanced but far too boring for my tastes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Blizzard does love their one shot mechanics.

My problem now with Hog is one of the problems I have always had with Hog. He's not a tank. They say he is, and he has a lot of HP. You know what I do when I see a Mercy or Ana behind a Hog? I shoot her. You know what I do when I see a Mercy or Ana behind a Rein? I shoot her but I also need to work around this shield. Or Dva great now my shots do nothing.

Roadhog has no way to protect his team and no incentive to shoot him first. He's a DPS with a lot of HP.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Rumblings about a Junkrat buff(?)/tweak - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=4#post-70

BG Level

Double the boom, double the pleasure?

Can't wait til the PTR to see what all happens.

Doomfist live along with hero and lootbox changes. No event.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Completely agree with Roadhog. He's big and can body block, but that's about it. Rein, Orissa, D.Va all have shields to protect their teams.

I just have an issue with there being no drawback to Junkrat literally blowing shit up in his face. Pharah? Can kill herself with her missile explosions. Tracer? Her sticky bomb can blow her up as well. Junkrat? Literally steps on a mine and explodes it, blows shit up right in front of his face, can detonate his tire literally on top of himself... takes no damage. I can maybe understand Concussion not damaging him because that's the movement one (right?). To me it seems a little unbalanced when taking into consideration some of the other heroes that can kill themselves with their own abilities. Maybe there's more to it, I'm still pretty new to the game.

Also, should have waited to open that box I got last night. I figure I don't have all that many unlocks to begin with, so my chances of doubles are low, right? 3/4 duplicates. Come on. ><