Closed Thread
Page 223 of 224 FirstFirst ... 173 213 221 222 223 224 LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Him (and some other popular streamers) are unhappy with the current OW scene.

Edit: Just before this he was playing Lucioball with subs and you could tell how unhappy he was.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

What are they unhappy about?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why is page 223 mocking me.

Oh, finally, I can see the page!

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    What are they unhappy about?
    have you seen how toxic the game is now?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The complaints I hear up top from some of the streamers I watch are "Mercy One tricks" and "Dive Meta is getting stale". The latter of which I see less of. The former because good luck winning if you have 3 Mercy one tricks on your team at Top 500~.

SR being "fucked" is another I see from high streamers. Everyone has their reasons why its fucked (Stat padding to rank up quicker, etc).

I guess I do see a bit of asshats in IDDQD's stream, really he's the only one of the 5 OW streamers I started watching that still plays OW...

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

People must be really bad at Lucioball, I'm competent at best and I placed Diamond.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got Torb and Gengu skins. Good night overall.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

tried to play for the first time in several months tonight, went into QP lucioball to start it off and before the match even began voice chat is nonstop shittalk. exit straight to desktop, lol.

i'd say i'll give it another try later on down the line, but every time i try to play, the impression that the only people left playing are the most insufferable fuckholes in all of online just gets reinforced further.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    have you seen how toxic the game is now?
    Havent played as much since May or so, almost exclusively mystery heroes for the weekly boxes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

stanky i think for a while has said he's wanted to play other games. i mean from a financial standpoint if you're a popular streamer and you're good at pubg (something he's been playing) you're way better off there than with overwatch. also i imagine just streaming the same game all the time has to be pretty mind numbing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    The complaints I hear up top from some of the streamers I watch are "Mercy One tricks" and "Dive Meta is getting stale". The latter of which I see less of. The former because good luck winning if you have 3 Mercy one tricks on your team at Top 500~.

SR being "fucked" is another I see from high streamers. Everyone has their reasons why its fucked (Stat padding to rank up quicker, etc).

I guess I do see a bit of asshats in IDDQD's stream, really he's the only one of the 5 OW streamers I started watching that still plays OW...
    This is pretty much what I've heard as well. Good games seem to be rarer with all the one-tricks and throwers playing now. Comp is essentially quick play at this point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i mean if you guys really care that much about good games you should make a BG overwatch discord to set up in house games, then add only players you know who'd like to have good "comp" style scrims without all the negative stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    tried to play for the first time in several months tonight, went into QP lucioball to start it off and before the match even began voice chat is nonstop shittalk. exit straight to desktop, lol.

i'd say i'll give it another try later on down the line, but every time i try to play, the impression that the only people left playing are the most insufferable fuckholes in all of online just gets reinforced further.
    Wow that sucks, sorry. I've had shittalk exactly once during Lucioball and it was "reported for leaving goal" when I wasn't the goalie. I told him he was a whiny little brat and proceeded to score the next two goals and didn't hear crap from him the rest of the match. At the end I blocked him because fuck those people. Anyways my point being I've found Lucioball to be a nice break from the general toxicity.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

wat do you play on?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played Lucioball for the first time tonight (didn't care enough to do it last year). I'm complete shit at it. Got my Loot Box win after like 5-6 matches then noped the fuck out. Did Total Mayhem and it was Numbani attack. We have a Widow. Obviously lost. Next game was on defense. Decent comp, even with a Torb. We ended up losing in the end and I finished with 4 Golds as Zarya. Other team had the Winston + Zarya + Mercy combo/meta with a Hanzo that was able to put in work while we tried to focus on the tanks.

Competitive Lucio ball is easily one of the worst ideas. Lucio ball itself was great and a fun way to actually relax (cuz QP can be it's own cancer) so I can't imagine a competitive version being fun.

I really do like this game and will continue playing but the cancer is real. Still, it's mostly about self-improvement since I haven't played FPS properly since CoD: MW1.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Late to the party but regarding the OW scene and people leaving, I really can't blame them. QP has degraded into shit with a "every man for himself" mindset where I don't blame people for not wanting to play tanks/healers. Competitive is degarding to where I doubt people even care. Top that with one tricks and the incease of leavers and toxicity it's not much better than QP now.

And I'm new to Blizzard games, but they way they adjust heroes seems completely random. Characters like Roadhog they gutted to the point of being laughable and others like Ana they gave tiny nerfs to until they were "just right". Also doesn't help they acknowledged PTR is for finding bugs and not for feedback.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    wat do you play on?
    mainly PC though i do have it for PS4 too

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I was in the same position. Lost first Lucioball match, but nobody was a dick and the game was close. Everyone said gg and 5 of us stayed queued for the next match. New guy comes in on my team with him and the other guy pushing forward fast, despite one of them being in goal position on spawn, and the goal is left open. I drop back to try to defend, but was too far for a blast and the ball bounced over me into the goal. My bad, whatever.

Guy starts talking shit... "So that's why the Ottoman empire fell." "More like Constanti-nope-le." There was another one. Albeit the Constantinople one was good, it was kind of annoying. I proceeded to score two goals back to back and he shut up.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

It's amazing how toxic Lucio ball got as well or when you get people who spawn as a goalie but don't want to.