Closed Thread
Page 5 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Played for a few hours now between yesterday and tonight. Game so far is solid. I did have one crash, but it's beta so to be expected. Only complaints I have is when half your team wants to be a fucking sniper so you have no assault damage, tank or healer more than likely. Also I think Reapers are a little OP. Their damage at mid range seems a little high as they are supposed to be a close range fighter.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Game is as predicted: TF2 clone.

And I am loving every minute of it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

As of this morning, GameStop is taking pre-orders on the hero shooter for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, according to an NYC store I just spoke to.
    http://kotaku.com/looks-like-overwat...les-1740763937

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Says its gonna be $60. Don't think I'm gonna pay that much for this kind of game. I would have been completely okay with the same model they use for HotS but maybe they aren't making much money off that.

I really do enjoy playing it, I actually spend an hour or two every night playing. But Idunno if I feel the desire to spend $60 on it when it launches.

I'll pay 60 if I get everything and never have to buy skins or new champs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

agreed, i spent way more than that on league of legends in my first couple years playing lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd pay for a complete TF2 experience on PS4, this game is close enough to that so i'll likely buy it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, that sucks. Was looking forward to playing this, but I'm terrible at FPS games and there's no way I'll drop $60 on it.

I was hoping for a HotS model too.

LazyShell
    BG Level

From what I've seen elsewhere, it was also pre-purchasable for $40 as digital download. The $60 version seems like sort of a boxed mini-collector's edition, comes with extra skins and in-game items for their other titles (sc2 portraits, wow pet, etc.).

Wouldn't be surprised if there was also a F2P version as well. While the $40/$60 options get you the full starting hero roster on day 1, the F2P one is a rotation/limited pool and you unlock the rest over time. Seems likely to me at least, they've already got cosmetics announced which is usually a pretty telltale sign of a F2P (LoL/Dota) or low cost (CS:GO) model. Plus I'm sure they've learned a lot from what they've done with Hearthstone and Heroes at this point, and wouldn't abandon those market segments to go full-traditional B2P again.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

I feel like once you play the game against a competent tea tat knows what they are doing you feel how the heroes model would not work.
    You really have to be changing your character or entire team comp to counter what the enemy is doing. For example changing to honzo (the bow guy) for is big ass dragon arrow for a complete area control in defend the point game mode.
    I personally wished it was f2p and just microtrasactions for skins and shit. But I don't think that works too well on consoles. At least Ive never seen it work on console.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Spring 2016

You get all 21 characters when you buy.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Been playing since beta launch. There are quite a few problems. Both level and balance based. Everything below is in comparison to TF2 since that is the game it is most like.

The level/maps
    The levels are ridiculously sterile and plastic. Maybe that is a design goal/style.
    Map design is chaotic. The maps themselves are decent looking but really chaotic in design. There's a severe lack of color cues and viable alternate paths for every character. Box rooms with three exists don't count. The color hue problem is due to the lack of team colors. The opposing team is automatically highlighted red, thus you can't design the map in a way lets the player know succinctly red base direction/blue base direction. Successfully assaulting some maps teeters between "really fucking hard" and "near impossible," I'm looking at you Temple of Anubis.

Characters

With the exception of shields, a majority of the characters fall into various TF2 builds. Instead of having items and weapon's that change your build, every hero is a new build. This isn't bad. It does mean some characters are WAY better than others in a casual setting. Parah is fucking OP, granted she has hard counters, she's a fucking beast. The mobility she has without having to do damage to herself via a rocket jump is bananas. Thankfully she can't bounce and juggle characters. Zen may not be powerful, but he takes like no work to rack up votes on the final tally screen. Especially since assists seem to count as kills. McCree is also in a weird place. He's an offense hero that is ridiculous at sniping. He's like Widowmaker mixed with Hanzo. Unlike them though, he is absolutely dangerous at ALL ranges.

Other shit

Low spawn timer is cool I guess, but long fucking trips to the objective is some ridiculous shit.

By the way, what the fuck is the point of the tally and commendation screen? Seems like you gain levels but there are no unlocks tied with it. Maybe cause beta. Those levels would be a silly way to gauge skill.

I don't think it will be possible for them to add a CTF game mode, because of the play styles of certain characters and that is a damn shame. I'm not sure KOTH or arena style games would be viable either, but I think payload race is very doable.

Matchmaking is absolute balls.

The characters need to talk less often. JFC hearing the same line every single time I respawn is annoying as fuck.

I'd love it if I have keybinds for individual characters. There are lots of abilities I'd rather have as 'Right Click' instead of 'L Shift' or 'E'. It varies from character to character.

Hoping they add attack/defend style games where you jockey over the same point within a time limit and single map territorial control point events for some 30 minute matches

I'm sure there will be lots of improvements and balance fixes to the game and at the basic level, the game is fun as fuck.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I definitely agree that the run back on defense can feel brutal. I guess this is their idea of making it easier on the offense to secure the first objective? I don't know.

McCree is a badass and scary like you said. I imagine there may be some adjustment coming soon. He shouldn't have the range and lethality of Widowmaker.

I don't know what's up with the commendation screen either. I guess we'll see. Also play of the game seems to be fairly silly at times. It seems to look at how many people you kill in rapid succession. I've seen some games where someone got play of the day and killed 2 people total within about 10 seconds. Maybe that was just a slow game. Also support should get some love as they can really turn a game around.

I believe at Blizzcon they said they would be allowing keybinds for individual characters so that should be good news.

Like you said, the game is crazy fun and I am looking forward to the new heroes later this week.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How do you feel about Kings Row? In the time I've played, I've never seen a single team successfully assault that map. Every single time I play defense, I feel like its an easy as fuck win.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Also play of the game seems to be fairly silly at times. It seems to look at how many people you kill in rapid succession. I've seen some games where someone got play of the day and killed 2 people total within about 10 seconds.
    Play of the game is the fucking worst, it is definitely weighted towards killing. Resurrecting your whole team during overtime which allows you to cap the point and win the actual game does not compete with Bastion from the other team gunning down 3 people in a row. Granted, I know mechanics aren't easy to implement, I was just salty as fuck when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    How do you feel about Kings Row? In the time I've played, I've never seen a single team successfully assault that map. Every single time I play defense, I feel like its an easy as fuck win.
    I think it is a shit map, but it definitely gives more options than Temple of Anubis. It can take proper coordination to storm the defenses. With TOA your coordination mostly comes up to luck.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

A good Hanzo is scary too. Just got out of a match with one that is downright infuriating.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Soldier 76 is the most OP champ in the game. I am surprised to see it not mentioned here.

I fucking suck at FPS games, and when I am successful on 76, then you know something is broken.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

76 is easy to play but not OP. He's for the codbloppers.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Don't really agree with you on maps at all, I love pretty much every one. I really love how the maps have tons of routes/options and yet they aren't all highlighted. Greatly benefits players that take the time to develop a good understanding of the maps (though arguably the most important element of that is figuring out where the health packs are). They tend to make really good use of 3D space, having a lot of vertical design elements which help some characters and not others. Love that aspect of the design affecting character utility and balance.

Haven't had any particular trouble on Anubis, actually had very good games on it many times on both Attack and Defense. King's row is probably my favorite map as well, again had great games on both sides. I tend to have more trouble on the other payload maps (Gibraltar and Numbani in particular). Mainly because I so often have teams that just seem to ignore the payload, as both defense and offense. Get stuck with players that just focus on kills and let the payload slide on by on defense, or forget to push it at all on offense.

On heroes though, definitely agree. Pharah and McCree likely getting nerfed, though I think only McCree really deserves it. Pharah is strong as hell, but mainly because she's a lot easier to play than she is to play against. You need a good hitscan character with good aim and she can get demolished. Maybe the ninja dude will do pretty well too though, being able to reflect her rockets, and double jump + slash to chase her into the air. Don't know, he seems to have a crazy high skill cap, we'll see.

Individual keybinds they definitely said they wanted to do, but I think they also said if they do so it would probably be after launch (later priority for them).

The score cards are probably all part of there still-as-of-yet unannounced progression system, or may just end up being a cosmetic bonus (a profile with # of epics/legendaries?). They are definitely putting some external progression system in though, think they've gone through two systems and thrown them out so far, but are hopeful with the third one that they have yet to show any of.

5-control point style maps and CTF are definitely not coming from what I've heard in interviews. The latter has obvious problems, but the former was apparently playtesting to completely ruin team compositions and strategy, making it a lot more like a regular deathmatch arena. They definitely seemed to have put a lot of thought into it though, I think they are certainly going to try to come up with some additional game-modes beyond the current 2 CP and payload maps.

On matchmaking, I think it's probably mainly just the tiny beta size. I have heard that matchmaking is one of their main focuses for the beta overall though, trying to get the system working as well as it can. Which means its going to suck to start with.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A capture speed mechanic would go a long way towards making other gametypes more viable.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast