Closed Thread
Page 6 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    LazyShell
    BG Level

I also played as the new heroes a bunch at Blizzcon.

D.Va - Seems pretty strong, tends to fill in gaps the other tanks have, but also has weaknesses they don't.
    Pros:
    Almost her entire health pool is armor - makes her much better against SMGs and especially shotguns, so she deals with a Reaper way better than any of the other tanks.
    Very hard to finish off - She pops out every time her mech dies, and can often squirm away if she had decent enough positioning. Gets her ult back up really quickly and she's good to go again.
    Very mobile for a tank - Her boosters on a 6s cooldown, she can go all over the place, very quickly.
    Her ult is ludicrous - unbelievably large AoE, seems to one-shot basically everything. Takes awhile to blow up, so good players should mostly be able to get out of line-of-sight to survive, but easier said that done. More importantly, seems like it can serve as a strong counter to Mercy and Lucio's ults (which are way too useful currently). Also fantastic synergy with Zarya and Mei's ults.
    Cons:
    Very easy to focus down - That armor isn't nearly as useful against many other weapon types, and she's crazy easy to burst down on Pharah, Hanzo, Widowmaker, etc. The other tanks all have barriers to help them survive more consistently, so in practice against most popular team comps, she actually feels much LESS tanky despite the armor.
    Her gun feels mediocre - Infinite ammo doesn't make up for the damage potential, and the slow movement just feels too punishing. May be okay considering she's a tank though.
    Defense Matrix - Seems really cool, but in practice just feels like a worse, directional Winston barrier.

Genji - I think a very high skill cap hero, you need to have very good movement and decision making to get the most out of him. As such, hard to list definitive pros/cons, as it all feels kind of up to how good you get at playing him.
    Pros:
    Movement kit - Incredibly awesome to be able to double-jump and air-slash, in addition to his Hanzo-like wall-climb. His slash comes off cooldown for any kill, not just slash kills, so I see potential for some DBZ-esque fight movement in the right situations.
    Deflect - Particularly awesome for dealing with entrenched snipers and soul-crushing for poor Torbjorn (can't make his turret stop shooting). Seems hard to use well in other situations, but obviously still very powerful in the right hands.
    Cons:
    Super glass-cannon - Feels like he will need good support like a Mercy, or at least some shields armor from Symmetra/Torb to go ham. He's easier to catch than a Tracer, and not much more durable, making him kind of an easy target if you can keep him at a distance. Skill going to be a major factor here though, his movement kit should help him if used well.
    His ult - Despite it's awesome damage, it encourages you to be right in the face of your enemies, which isn't always a good idea with his durability. It still has great potential though, the sword is a pretty big frontal cone aoe of massive damage. You just can't pop it and expect everyone to feed you though, they'll likely just kill you instead.

Mei - My favorite. So fucking fun, great disruptive playstyle. She's going to be super annoying to deal with, and is going to enable a lot of interesting strategies with her wall.
    My favorite moment playing at Blizzcon was holding off 6 people on the final control point completely on my own, even killing half of them in the process while waiting for my team to revive. Freezing 6 people with Blizzard is pretty damn satisfying.
    Pros:
    Disruptive - There aren't a lot of characters that can just jump into a huge group of enemies and expect the situation to turn out well, outside of maybe Winston with his ult up. Mei can do it though. She can break groups up, delay and distract, and get plenty of kills in the process.
    Blizzard - Probably OP honestly, especially on point-capture maps where the enemy team is often forced to stand together. She can't easily be punished when she can wall herself off and/or put up ice block. Synergizes with other ultimates or even regular attacks from teammates better than Zarya's ult imo, as they can't even attack back while frozen.
    Cons:
    Her damage sucks - Not a big deal, not really her role. She still has plenty of kill potential with right-click headshots or just dragging fights out with ice block and freezing until she can finish a target off. I got several 20+ kill streak games at Blizzcon with her, with most of the final blows. Against good players though, doubtful she'll be the one you are looking towards to carry you.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Definitely day one for us. $60 is cheap if you get everything. I hate microtransactions.

I imagine pc play will be on different servers from console? Think we are going to do the console route. Wish we could try the beta with it though to see how it feels, but usually I prefer a controller over a keyboard.

(As you can see) I am loving playing Mercy. I was never into the doctor on tf2, but the fact I can jump from player to player makes me feel a lot more active.

I do feel like the gameplay is "slower" (running back time) and I don't find myself switching classes as often. I think that is because of the smaller party sizes. In tf2, you'd have a few of every type so you weren't as concerned about dropping your class to go to another. Now it's like, "we need a tank, but if I switch to that we lose a healer." Ok for premade group concepts, not so great for pugs.

I do want a CTF. Do we know if they will allow for custom building of maps? If so it won't be long until we get orange_x insanity! (actually come to think of it, maybe I do gotta get the pc version...since I doubt custom maps will get loaded to consoles.)

When is open beta? If at all. I want to try before I buy.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    (As you can see) I am loving playing Mercy. I was never into the doctor on tf2, but the fact I can jump from player to player makes me feel a lot more active.
    I'm actually surprised to find myself playing this way, but I find Mercy (and Reinhardt) to be the most enjoyable heroes for myself and play them the most often. Flying around keeping everyone topped off, and using a clutch raise when we're in a close moment make it a lot of fun to me. Reinhardt is just fun to play when assaulting because people love their bastions. And I love charging bastions into walls, watching them frantically trying to un-turret themselves in time. It's also just fun to smack people with hammers.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    I'm actually surprised to find myself playing this way, but I find Mercy (and Reinhardt) to be the most enjoyable heroes for myself and play them the most often. Flying around keeping everyone topped off, and using a clutch raise when we're in a close moment make it a lot of fun to me. Reinhardt is just fun to play when assaulting because people love their bastions. And I love charging bastions into walls, watching them frantically trying to un-turret themselves in time. It's also just fun to smack people with hammers.
    A good bastion will legitimately wreck shit, too bad is also so damn ezmode friendly, but yeah, nothing is sweeter than pinning a bastion.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Someone had the gall to not give Reinhardt a point and instead gave himself/herself/someone else points after that fucking fantastic play. I'm so fucking mad!

Though not as mad as the fact all my BNET friends are in the US and I now live in the UK. Ping really fucking matters more for FPSes than ARPGs or RTSes. If I ever want to enjoy a hitscan character, I often have to play on EU with my absolutely barren friend's list.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Someone had the gall to not give Reinhardt a point and instead gave himself/herself/someone else points after that fucking fantastic play. I'm so fucking mad!

Though not as mad as the fact all my BNET friends are in the US and I now live in the UK. Ping really fucking matters more for FPSes than ARPGs or RTSes. If I ever want to enjoy a hitscan character, I often have to play on EU with my absolutely barren friend's list.
    Women: Ruining gaming for men since 1982.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Women: Ruining gaming for men since 1982.
    LOL! Is replying with just LOL still stupidly frowned upon outside of spam?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    LOL! Is replying with just LOL still stupidly frowned upon outside of spam?
    I never gave a fuck about that. So as long as it's me reading it, lol your lols all you want.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never gave a fuck about that. So as long as it's me reading it, lol your lols all you want.
    U da bess!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Genji, D.va, and Mei have all been patched into the beta.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Lol, I love that guy. My bro says the only way to play FPS games these days is to fuck around and troll. A team of Winstons is perfect.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad