BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity concord     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did anyone figure out the benefit to being a lower ranked Unity? It was said they'd earn more Accolades, but it was never mentioned if that was with a +x% bonus, higher base rewards, more/easier Unity RoEs available, etc. I do know that to transfer Unities, the cost differs based on the rank of the Unity you're going to. It was 100 Accolades to transfer to last place, and I was told it was 12k to transfer to a 1st place Unity.

Really not liking the ranking system overall. After the first tally, people earned enough Accolades to shift to a 1st place Unity, then not do anything. The ranking is based on the average Accolades earned within the Unity. This creates a situation where people migrate to a 1st place Unity, do nothing to support it, and the effort of the ones who got it to 1st can no longer keep pace with other lower populated Unities that have active members. I know 3 in my Unity who bot farm Ra'kaznar 24/5, only actually playing on the weekends. Personally farmed up over 60k Accolades this week too. The Unity is in 6th. ._.;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I noticed my unity specific unity RoEs have changed... so I'm guessing maybe rank might determine how easy those ones are now

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Might be dumb question but ive not tried it yet i know you need 3 ppl to pop the wanted nms but can you use trusts to help with fight?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nope, surprisingly. Wanted actually has a lot of checks to it. If any trust NPCs are out, even if you had 3 players, you can't pop. If anyone in group is out of the zone or too far away from the pop spot, you can't pop. And of course if anyone doesn't have the RoE set or the Accolades required you won't be able to pop.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ah ok thanks there goes that idea looking to get the boots off the new VE for friend and mule can it be trioed by whm rdm and mnk?.
    The mnk is very well geared has everything but a rem.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Imperator's Cursed Sphere is a hate reset. It also afflicts Stats downs effect that cannot be erased. Additionally it has a ton of Evasion.

That being said - the mob has no serious damage output whatsoever against 119 gear and no big HP pool either. WHM RDM MNK should be more than fine unless your mages have no Macc to land Distract II / Gravity on it or wear paper armor.

Sidenote: As for the REM part... I'd rly rather have a MNK with Tinhaspa Bs for this than sporting a Rellic.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah def confirmed emp arthro takes 0-1 damage from all sources during tp moves and casting spells. I go blu and jettatura him when he casts waterja(it takes him 6s to cast but it does 900-1200+) and 90% of the time it lands(he's pretty resistant to stun but not shock squall). 2-3 blu make the fight easy because they can terror lock him without spending their SP2. Because of being terror locked, he wont cast or tp and since he has low HP (40-45k) he dies quite fast. Also if not using a blu, when he uses hundred fists, zerg him. He doesnt cast or tp during HF and therefore doesnt gain his damage immunity for that minute.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just did a round of 8 Largantuas, nothing too terrible about him despite being ilvl 125. He spams three TP moves back to back at times, with bind on Ice Break and a potent stun on Thunder break. No real issues going as BST, Relic THF (Mercy Stroke now retired in favor of Rudra's), RDM and WHM. RDM reported all enfeebled landing easily on him but a ton of resists on Distract II.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Intuila is a complete joke, most annoying thing he does is spam Curaga V's on himself. THF/BST/WHM, fights were pretty quick.

Campaign
    BG Level

Over 1 Month has passed, second Patch concerning Unity.
    Now I wonder: what's people thoughts about Unity Concord after a bit of time has passed?
    Thumb up? Thumb down? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Now I wonder: what's people thoughts about Unity Concord after a bit of time has passed?
    "Meh"
    It quadrupled spark intake... So that's nice. (I don't do the communication one unless I actually have something to say... Such fail is that objective.)
    And I have 0 idea what Malithar is on about with the dregs keeping his U down.
    Here, Grandpa Maat has been #1 since day one and continues to be.
    You'd have to avoid any RoEs if you were going to not contribute to Unity Rankings.

But overall... Meh.
    There's a piece here and there that's nice or really good... But as a system, it's a failure.
    It doesn't promote a sense of unity, it doesn't encourage people to interact, it doesn't even divide people against each other since everyone just joins the first one that establishes itself as 1.

Though I do enjoy the fact that you can buy the +1 mats.
    That was a nice option instead of making them ra-ex and forcing you to farm them abyssea style.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by znitch View Post
    Intuila is a complete joke, most annoying thing he does is spam Curaga V's on himself. THF/BST/WHM, fights were pretty quick.
    Not completely immune to silence either.

Orctrap:

Hate reset on everyone it hit with its TP move. Nightmare type sleep 20 yalms. Easy fight, just annoying.

Arcane Golem:

Killed 1 undergeared THF with double Crystal Weapon when WHM was asleep. Nothing dangerous otherwise.

Tree in Jungle:

WHM Type, Autoregen, Bene. Might have some hidden mechanic of powering itself up producing random spikes. AOEd BRD in Empy gear for 4000. Doubleattacked myself for crit 900, crit 500 in PDT gear but wasn't hard most of the time. only fought once, needs more testing.

Any experience on Cactuar and how high it's needles go?

Edit: Also before there seemed to be a secondary reset of the Unity quests exactly 8 hours after JP midnight. So far mine havent reset out of JP midnight. So was that a bug or feature?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Save TP on Larguantua for when he uses TP moves. He is significantly more vulnerable to damage during his TP moves. Koga SAM was able to take off 50% HP with a Fudo into Light. (about 20k into 30k+).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    It should of just been broken up into two separate things IMO. Unity channel is nifty, a server wide channel that has multiple others that isn't confined to LSs. Used as it should be, it'd be nice for communicating shouts to others that aren't in town, putting together groups within the Unity, etc.

Wanted battles are nice IMO. Some ok-ish side grade gear mixed with some nice pieces that aren't gated behind any content locks. More useful to returning players as a whole, but with the ease that they can add things to it (copy pasta old NM, add a gimmick or two, add drops) I think it's promising enough for casual content.

The fails of it IMO are the ranking (rant at the top of the page), and yes Fae, it might not make sense if you just hopped into the number one and everyone goes at it. But unfortunately, not everyone does, and you have no control over who is in and who isn't. Get a surge of people who do little or no RoEs and you're going to see a slump in your ranking. Think Accolades are sort of silly too. I don't really see the point of them (other than adding a different currency to track ranking) compared to Sparks. Could of just as easily used Sparks to pop NMs and give a use to a currency that many are too lazy to spend for pages/gil/skill ups. Instead we've now got two currencies to manage that come from the same content with fairly similar uses overall.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

is there any place that lists each unity leader's specific RoEs? cos wiki only has like 3..? was hoping to find one whose specific objectives suit what i do lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    is there any place that lists each unity leader's specific RoEs? cos wiki only has like 3..? was hoping to find one whose specific objectives suit what i do lol
    I was trying to get people to contribute them here but only a couple did. And even if they did it would've taken a lot since they change occasionally. I'm not sure but I think it might have to do with ranking since everytime I see it different is when mine rank has changed

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So ya the secondary Reset of Unity objectives seems gone making points harder to come by.

@Malithar
    Dat shade.
    Though I am immune by virtue of being Betty Crocker, B-ETC)(.

Though in seriousness... I don't think your theory holds ANY water.
    Namely because on Odin, Maat has been #1 since day 1.
    I joined Maat after the first emergency maintenance that day so I wouldn't fuck up my sacks and shell. So I can't claim to be the first in Maat, but I definitely didn't join and transfer.
    So Maat has enjoyed a massive influx of people from the non1st unities. And yet... HOW many evaluations have we had?
    There was a time when Naja (bleag) was tied with Maat after the first week... But then I guess people transferred over to us... Cause she has always been 2~3.

Pretty sure it wasn't that "the drek plebs" joined your precious unity when it was #1 and ruined it for you "mastermode godplayers"... Pretty sure that it was everyone leaving that was there when it was after the first evaluation and all unities stopped being #1.
    Because I can tell you for certain, there are some BAD players that have joined Maat here in Odin... And if they aren't bringing us down (as I pointed out, it would be impossible to work against a unity since there's no way of loosing points and it's all RoE tied), there's no way in hell that anyone's unity is being brought down.

So quit being so elitist and blaming others for being bad, when the truth is people have just left the unity you were in.

EDIT: I know the bad players of which I mention IRL... So I know just how bad they really are.... Not throwing shade on anyone I don't know personally.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    So ya the secondary Reset of Unity objectives seems gone making points harder to come by.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-%28Dec.-11%29

The following issue has been addressed:
    -An issue wherein the tally duration for Unity Ranking is incorrect.
    With this update, tallies for the rankings will start from the data of Dec. 9, 2014 9:04 (PST), Dec. 9, 2014 17:04 (GMT).
    * The Valefor World tallies for the rankings will start from the data of Dec. 8, 2014 11:04 (PST) Dec. 8, 2014 19:04 (GMT).
    related to that?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Know there was some question on the range for Unity rank on gear. Don't care about the tiny stats on other gear, but Assiduity Pants +1 give +2 Refresh to the 1st rank only. Ranked 2nd atm and only 1 Refresh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast