Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity concord     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    It should of just been broken up into two separate things IMO.
    [cut]
    Motivated by the new refresh legs I unlocked Unity Concord too, and I think I can share your sentiment. In particular the sentence I quoted sums up a lot the real core issue of this system.

Accolades should have been condensated into the same currency, adding yet another one just makes things unnecessarily convoluted.
    You start feeling the limits of the max 15 RoEs being active, and the chat becomes a huge, insane, annoying spam fest whenever you have RoEs active and are killing mobs.
    The NM system is really nice. Despite me hating the incursion drop system, it kinda works good.
    I like the fact you can get NQ gear at decent rates, then "mats" which are used to make the +1 and to craft the SU1 gear.
    Gives value and motivation to keep doing those NMs and makes you feel less bad even when you don't get what you want and only get mats.
    The Accolades cost to pop NMs is an interesting gating system to slow you down a bit.

The chat system is a mess, the division in multiple unities is quite frankly without purpose and all in all it seems like a system that doesn't work, will never work, and yet we'll have to live with it for a long time, dragging it like a remnant of something that doesn't work.

This enforces my idea that this all started with their attempt to create a server-wide chat channel, after encountering server-stress issues they decided to split it into multiple ones, and THEN they thought "Hey, why don't we justify it with unities, each representing a different cool Vana'diel character?!". I think this is how things started.
    But seriously, it makes no sense.
    A small fix that I hope they will deploy in the future is making so the best rank for Unity gear activates as long as your unity is within the first 3 spots, instead of the first. This alone might make things a bit better.

As for you Malithar, why don't you change your unity? I'm not provoking you, just wondering if you have reasons to stay where you are or if yours is just a way to "protest" against something you judge unfair and broken.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

dunno havent tried it but unity concord looks meh. they should have just used sparks as the currency instead if adding another stupid currency. how much currency does 11 have, i remember soneone counted over 70 different types

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    dunno havent tried it but unity concord looks meh. they should have just used sparks as the currency instead if adding another stupid currency. how much currency does 11 have, i remember soneone counted over 70 different types
    What happened last time SE reused an active popular currency?
    Delve II became get boss KI and farm Delve I for plasm

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I thought those that could farm delve II for the higher amounts

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    As for you Malithar, why don't you change your unity? I'm not provoking you, just wondering if you have reasons to stay where you are or if yours is just a way to "protest" against something you judge unfair and broken.
    Stubbornness mostly. Aldo on Bahamut actually isn't that bad, there's still the spamming for RoE that everyone hates, but there's some that actually use it to put together groups, idly chat, etc. Getting locked out of chat would be an annoyance that I don't want to deal with. I dunno if it's people shuffling around or the 40% (scaling up to 5% for 2nd) Accolade bonus for being last, but ranks have been all over the place the past two weeks here. This week the top Unity is one that typically clocks 20ish people online. Prior to that, it was Naja who regularly clocks in at 250+.

Outside of getting into a small Unity with a core group grinding out massive amounts of Accolades, the only real option to stay on top is to switch every week, and the effects we have access to just aren't good enough to bother with that yet. Even if you had that small Unity wrecking the ranks, it'd only be a matter of time before people caught on and jumped into it, raising your average and making you jump ship to another small one to start the cycle over.

The whole ranking system really just ruins it for me. I'd prefer to just have Wanted NMs, Unity chat, and screw Unity ranks/bonuses on gear. Go a step further and add a real use to the chats, like one for crafting, RPing, new players, etc. Add a use to the chat so it'd be used for it, not some ambiguous, useless for most chat that has no direction or purpose.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

On my server seemed like pugs farmed the delve2 zapdos for plasm more than anything.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

because sparks have no cap like plasm right?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

because sparks have no cap like plasm right?
    its a LOT easier to gain sparks than accolades. Based on the non-unity RoE's, 10 sparks is worth 1 accolade:
    Deal 500+ dmg: 1k sparks, 100 accolades
    Spoils Ramuite: 200 sparks, 20 accolaces
    Reaching the Crest: 500 sparks, 50 acc.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Killed Orcfeltrap 15 times. Soporific is annoying, had everyone stand on nm so it wasnt running around.
    Dorps from 75 coffers
    Tancho, Tancho +1, Shinjutsu no Obi, Orcfeltrap Leaf
    Aero V, Aerora II, Thundaja, Lightning Carol II, Yurin: Ichi, Vile Elixir, Darksteel Ingot, Saffrom Blossom, Flytrap Leaf, Chamomile

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

its a LOT easier to gain sparks than accolades. Based on the non-unity RoE's, 10 sparks is worth 1 accolade:
    Deal 500+ dmg: 1k sparks, 100 accolades
    Spoils Ramuite: 200 sparks, 20 accolaces
    Reaching the Crest: 500 sparks, 50 acc.
    because adjusting the amount sparks needed for unity stuff to resemblence the accolate rate would have been so hard? Accolades was a needless currency added they might have gone bettervwith sparks instead of overcomplicating things with a new currency agaib.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

in all honesty they should have merged alot of currency together in the past (or never created them in the first place). there are many examples:
    beastmen seals, you dont need 5-6 different types, what they should have done was keep 2 seal types max and adjust the amount of seals needed for orbs. older content costing less and less seals and new content costing more when its inteoduced etc. runse reapeat. there +4 inventory space.
    they should have merged all nations curreny like conquest points, imperial standing etc into one. only keep 2 types, 1 for old expansions 1 for the newest expansion. in our case only conquest points abd bayld should exist while allied nodes, conquest points and imperial standing should have been merged into one with the release of SoA.

list could go on with nyzul points, assault points ichior etc. etc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

because adjusting the amount sparks needed for unity stuff to resemblence the accolate rate would have been so hard? Accolades was a needless currency added they might have gone bettervwith sparks instead of overcomplicating things with a new currency agaib.
    well they can't exactly do that when there are things that cost more than 5k accolade (which would translate to more than 50k sparks). they just want to make it 10x harder to get than sparks and decided to make something that accumulates at roughly 1/10 the rate of sparks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    well they can't exactly do that when there are things that cost more than 5k accolade (which would translate to more than 50k sparks). they just want to make it 10x harder to get than sparks and decided to make something that accumulates at roughly 1/10 the rate of sparks.
    They wouldn't have to straight up multiply like that... for that matter is there even much of a need to even adjust. It's not like accolade stuff has a direct market it's all just used to pop nms and upgrade a few pieces of sidegrade gear.

I'd argue there would've been no need to even adjust at all as when you say spend 10k to upgrade some armor after already spending who knows how much on popping nms you are effectively losing 100k gil worth of npcables you could've spent those sparks on

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

But think of all the extra gob keys you could buy! Honestly I think SE just likes adding new currencies for every bloody thing they add. Starts everyone at 0, etc etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Honestly I think SE just likes adding new currencies for every bloody thing they add. Starts everyone at 0, etc etc.
    That'd be my guess as well. Delve 2 really surprised me when it didn't come packaged with Plasm 2.0. Another alternative is the direction WoW has taken for years, straight nuking your currency and giving you gold. Idk how they get by it without mass rage though. I guess those players as a whole just got used to it, or perhaps it's because Blizzard explains in pretty extreme detail why they're making the change.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That'd be my guess as well. Delve 2 really surprised me when it didn't come packaged with Plasm 2.0. Another alternative is the direction WoW has taken for years, straight nuking your currency and giving you gold. Idk how they get by it without mass rage though. I guess those players as a whole just got used to it, or perhaps it's because Blizzard explains in pretty extreme detail why they're making the change.
    merging old currency together isnt bad, if you ease up at the same time access to older content to be run at less cost/more times per day etc. which costs the currency. Its the way you do it.

I took for example beastman seals. They never reduced teh orb costs, but what if instead introducing all the other seals after beastman and kindred seals, they would just lower the amount of seals needed for old orbs on old BCNMs and would have just put the new BCNMs on the same prices the old ones were before? Would it be so bad? It actually would be the better way to do it that way, because 1.) people can right away jump into content 2.) returning players can use up their stored seals from the olde days to jump right into content 3.) people that need to catch up can do the older content for a much much reduced price.

Its win win situation for everyone and less confuseing for any new player.

The decision to use plasm for delve 2.0 wasnt bad, it was a good decision in my eyes, but the items and mats should have costed way more while at the same time delve 2.0 should have given way more plasm to give incentiv to farm plasm via delve 2.0 instead of delve 1.0. It all depends how you go around on designing currency and how you merge them together.

there is more examples on existing currency in FFXI that could have been merged after a period of time/release of new expansion to ease up access to olde content.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I want to think SE made accolades as an incentive for people to party for CPs, my friend noticed that the high lvl deremites in Sih gates were giving accolades on kills without completing Unity RoE or regular RoE, we were getting like 32~64sh per mob while farming pops for Respite Cloak. I didn't believe him at first but I double checked with him, had to check the currency tabs, since the unity one won't update fast enough to notice the accolades per kill. It isn't a great way but at least it doesn't limits people to daily Unity RoE for accolades.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    I want to think SE made accolades as an incentive for people to party for CPs, my friend noticed that the high lvl deremites in Sih gates were giving accolades on kills without completing Unity RoE or regular RoE, we were getting like 32~64sh per mob while farming pops for Respite Cloak. I didn't believe him at first but I double checked with him, had to check the currency tabs, since the unity one won't update fast enough to notice the accolades per kill. It isn't a great way but at least it doesn't limits people to daily Unity RoE for accolades.
    Can verify this, read it the other day but didn't really believe it til now. Was getting a fairly consistent 38-57 accolades from the Hippographs in Woh Gates. Would certainly explain how they build up so quickly sometimes considering the low amount you get per RoE. Was times I found myself several thousands ahead after doing very little strict RoE grinding.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can verify this, read it the other day but didn't really believe it til now. Was getting a fairly consistent 38-57 accolades from the Hippographs in Woh Gates. Would certainly explain how they build up so quickly sometimes considering the low amount you get per RoE. Was times I found myself several thousands ahead after doing very little strict RoE grinding.
    is this in PT settings only? a friend went out and soloed a few mobs in the new zones within gates and wasn't getting accolades on kills.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You always get 10% of the CP the monster yields (without event/band).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast