Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity concord     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'll have to double check but I think that even mobs that don't give CP give accolades per kill (someone had suggested its a function of their level) since I am almost positive I got accolades (I want to say ~20-30/kill) when I was killing dolls in sky and crabs at Aquarius. Keep in mind you don't receive a message saying you got the accolades but if you look at totals before and after you will notice a change. I will test tonight when I get on and confirm if no one else does in the meantime.

Here are some numbers as promised for non CP mobs giving accolades
    Ru'Aun
    Flamingo - 30 Accolades (1 Kill)
    Groundskeeper - 30 Accolades (1 Kill)

The Boyahda Tree
    Steelshell - 28 (1 Kill)
    Robber Crab - 24, 26, 24 (3 kills; the one for 26 gave more exp than the other 2)

Sanctuary of Zi'tah
    Too Weak Goobbue Gardener - No accolades (2 Kills)

Abyssea - Grauberg
    Glen Crab (1st and 2nd kills after entry, 38 and 39 limit points) - No accolades

Swapped to a Level 1 job
    South Gustaberg -
    Tunnel Worm/Huge Hornet (160exp) 4 Accolades
    Ding Bats (200exp) 4 Accolades
    Dinged Level 2
    Goblin Fisher (240 exp) - 4 Accolades
    Same Mobs Gave 0 accolades when I swapped back to 99/iLvl Job

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Remember we currently got a double campaign going on so you can most likely half these numbers.

Campaign
    BG Level

Double campaign ended in the night between the 17th and 18th actually, if I recall.
    The current campaign is mog garden + WKR + WoE

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...50/detail.html

Double Unity Accolade Campaign
    Unity accolade gains from completing Records of Eminence objectives and vanquishing monsters will be doubled!

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh I missed that, but accolades still capped at 50k iir no?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

yeah 50k but "CP" parties are now pretty efficient at gaining accolades, too.

Made around

3500 spamming 2 quick tojils

2500 for 4x Incursion Boss only runs

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by sahearniitth View Post
    Here are some numbers as promised for non CP mobs giving accolades
    Ru'Aun
    Flamingo - 30 Accolades (1 Kill)
    Groundskeeper - 30 Accolades (1 Kill)

The Boyahda Tree
    Steelshell - 28 (1 Kill)
    Robber Crab - 24, 26, 24 (3 kills; the one for 26 gave more exp than the other 2)

Sanctuary of Zi'tah
    Too Weak Goobbue Gardener - No accolades (2 Kills)

Abyssea - Grauberg
    Glen Crab (1st and 2nd kills after entry, 38 and 39 limit points) - No accolades

Swapped to a Level 1 job
    South Gustaberg -
    Tunnel Worm/Huge Hornet (160exp) 4 Accolades
    Ding Bats (200exp) 4 Accolades
    Dinged Level 2
    Goblin Fisher (240 exp) - 4 Accolades
    Same Mobs Gave 0 accolades when I swapped back to 99/iLvl Job
    To add to this:

Soundslpitter Bat(VT) 50 - Even at CP Chain 20+ was still getting 50 max.

Astringent Acuex(DC) 46 - Haven't checked higher chains yet.

Looking at the difference in accolades I would say unless your in a PT for VT's, DC camp would be better for accolade farming than VT camp for solo.

I wonder if 50 is as high as you can go per kill? That's pretty cheesy if it is. Because considering the double accolade campaign that means we're only get 25 accolades/kill on VT's normally. :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well your main source is supposed to be RoE so this is just a nice bonus

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So don't see a lot of info on various nms...

So dual boxed warblade beak with a pld and whm. Acc was fairly bad though not floored with ~950 acc. First try timed out at 1% second time at 14%.

Used standard cockatrice moves. Casted breakga, dispelga, stonega IV, and quake. At <50% stonega IV becomes stoneja and quake becomes stone V. None of them were that scary like 600 dmg max nukes with capped mdt. Melee attacks barely did anything even when unblocked. Same with tp moves. So very easy fighting just a pld with limited buffs sucks for dmg and it's evasion was weird sometimes spike up... almost seems like more debuffs make it less evasive. Paralyze lands fairly easy from my whm. Landed addle with some difficulty. Couldn't land slow or silence at all. Shield bash stun never landed either

Edit: Changed my 3rd from an ungeared whm to a bst with just eminent axe using ladybug pet and pet acc food was able to kill. The att down debuff landed easy. Evasion down wouldn't at all. hp down from slug was about 50/50

I know the body pieces from unity aren't that rare; could we have the stats updated on the unity items page from someone, thanks!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Unity

Campaign
    BG Level

How did you dualbox those NMs Dasva when it takes 3 people min to pop those NMs? D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used a friends account to pop... but he hasn't played since they raised the cap to 95 so needless to say while there were technically 3 characters one did nothing the first 2 fights. Like the only useful thing I was able to do with it is get it an eminent axe and otherwise naked and throw a pet at it lol

Campaign
    BG Level

The 3 people min thing is giving me some issues instead.
    On one hand I understand it, promotes party play, avoids people soloing keeping pop spots busy too long etc. It's all good.
    On the other hand I've been shouting to get people for Joyous Green for several days and I'm not getting tells at all.
    Actually had the "min 3 people to pop" surprise the other day when, frustrated after so many hours of shouting, I went there to pop myself ; ;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Really though I wouldn't think taking too long would even be a problem for these. Each one has what 3 pop locations? There is a strict time limit (not sure what it is for others but that one was 15 minutes) that is even displayed before they depop and the pop spot repops within seconds of the monsters disappearing. So I mean for that one even if you stretch it out it's still 12 pops an hour and if they thought that wasn't enough they would've made the time limit lower.

And then there is your problem... an nm with very sidegrady drops that are highly dependent on unity rank so it would be hard just getting enough people interested. So if anything I think there is a much higher chance of them not even being popped all day than it being packed lol. I had similar problem just getting 1 person to help pop before I could use friends account and even then since I'm busy getting it caught up on missions and quests and such it often doesn't have enough accolades to participate

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah lot of noobs reply with a tell, unaware that they need 2k+ accolades to pop the NM each time.
    Considering how sidegradeish most of those drops are, maybe they should've done something to make them, dunno, more interesting? Or easier to get the accolades to farm them?
    Not like Accolades is hard to farm to be fair, but I assume for an average player it could take some time to farm, say, 25k Accolades (that's 10 pops for a 2,5k NM) and that, together with the fact those drops aren't even OMG, might make a lot of people not care about the system at all, which brings us to the actual situation where it's hard to find people to pop them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yeah lot of noobs reply with a tell, unaware that they need 2k+ accolades to pop the NM each time.
    Considering how sidegradeish most of those drops are, maybe they should've done something to make them, dunno, more interesting? Or easier to get the accolades to farm them?
    Not like Accolades is hard to farm to be fair, but I assume for an average player it could take some time to farm, say, 25k Accolades (that's 10 pops for a 2,5k NM) and that, together with the fact those drops aren't even OMG, might make a lot of people not care about the system at all, which brings us to the actual situation where it's hard to find people to pop them.
    Wait until they upgrade Unity to replicate Sky/Sea NM's, lol. And the gear becomes what some people will call must have, and the NM's are 10k-15k accolades a pop. Fun times. =P

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And part of the problem is the cap on accolades. Yeah they aren't hard to farm but you have to farm again after each run you can't just accumulate them doing whatever and then have enough when you need to use them... and when you add them onto the other things you are getting like merits and sparks at the same time that also cap it becomes a huge hassle of losing out on something or constantly switching tasks. And really wtf was the point in capping accolades anyways they aren't redeemable for gil mostly just popping nms for sidegrade armor

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i still dont get why they have to gate Wanted NMs with minimum 3 party members when there are easy ones like the 75 NMs that are clearly soloable. In any case for any of the NMs.. if you can clear it with 1 u can.. and if you can't you die anyway. There are 3 ethereal junctions just like there are 3 Planar rifts yes? And with the accolade cap its not like you can really spam the ones that matter. This reeks of "we're afraid of congestion" bs again

Campaign
    BG Level

The gating might have been to avoid overwcrowding, but more than that I think it was part of their plans to "bring people together" instead of promoting solo.
    I.e. Unity Concord (lolunityconcord, yes)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast