BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They hopefully made it so you only get gil if you get a r/e you already own

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there some trick to dealing with Intuila's curaga spam? Or just try to out dps it?

Also to add my 2 cents. 8 runs with 3 characters 0 crystals

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It only heals about 6k, IIRC. Just kill it faster than it heals.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Can silence it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It has some strange AI
    some fights itll do curaga 3-4 times and some fights it wont at all.

I go pld sch thf, so just req>rud, pretty low maintenance fight at the cost of some speed

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I didn't have another DD so ended up just having my whm subbing blm to ensure silence if it went super spamming

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Might seem lame but i really wish they would let us use trusts if say you have at least 3 pcs in pty.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok done another 20 or so w/o getting crystals and the only time ive got them is on Muut when i did it couple days after patch im really starting to wonder what drop rate is. This brings me to something like 60ish w/o seeing them.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bad luck?
    17 abyssdivers (over 3 chars), 15 crystals, 42 feathers (two days ago)
    17 intuilas, 7 crystals, 60 hides (from previous post in thread)

btw, since you've fought Muut: does it do charm? Or just Final Retri/silence seal/Memento Mori?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Bad luck?
    Or maybe you are hogging all good luck? So far only done 8 intuilas with 3 characters but 0 crystals.

Either way I'm fairly certain they designed the droprate so that if you are going just for crystals you are better off converting

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah the drop rate in my experience is quite bad, but you can get up to three at once when you do see them. I think a higher drop rate would have made sense to encourage people to actually do unity. Right now it doesn't seem worth it unless you need a specific r/ex item, and only a couple of them are any good.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I was going for crystals though lol, I wanted to make some gil back after I dropped 15 mil trying to upgrade Vermys Keraunos.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Yeah the drop rate in my experience is quite bad, but you can get up to three at once when you do see them. I think a higher drop rate would have made sense to encourage people to actually do unity. Right now it doesn't seem worth it unless you need a specific r/ex item, and only a couple of them are any good.
    I've gotten 4 at once before.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    One thing that gets me is that they, as RoE, give rather nice amounts of exp, sparks, and capacity points... except... except..
    As near as I can see, the people that have capped unity points and can take advantage of this are people that bot to get the unity points... and in the process of collecting them are also likely to have all the exp, sparks, and capacity points that they need.
    It is one of those sideways thinking where the good idea sort of cancels it out - if the only way of getting unity points was doing the unity RoE quests, then I could see the exp/spark/cp points as a 'reward' for the questing that goes into it. As it is currently done, however, it is only giving exp/sparks/cap to people that already have no trouble capping exp/sparks/cap; while players that do the quest/roe route don't get unity points fast enough to really benefit from it.
    Thoughts?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was going for crystals though lol, I wanted to make some gil back after I dropped 15 mil trying to upgrade Vermys Keraunos.
    Must be the secret. If you are going for crystals you get them if not you don't.... maybe if you have the gear already it rerolls into crystal?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by runeghost View Post
    One thing that gets me is that they, as RoE, give rather nice amounts of exp, sparks, and capacity points... except... except..
    As near as I can see, the people that have capped unity points and can take advantage of this are people that bot to get the unity points... and in the process of collecting them are also likely to have all the exp, sparks, and capacity points that they need.
    It is one of those sideways thinking where the good idea sort of cancels it out - if the only way of getting unity points was doing the unity RoE quests, then I could see the exp/spark/cp points as a 'reward' for the questing that goes into it. As it is currently done, however, it is only giving exp/sparks/cap to people that already have no trouble capping exp/sparks/cap; while players that do the quest/roe route don't get unity points fast enough to really benefit from it.
    Thoughts?
    You can always use more sparks/cap and in theory xp for spamming of more high tier stuff. Really I see it as it being meant as just a little something extra. You did all those cp/balyd/spark whatever farming? Here have some cap on top of it that you can trade in to fight stuff for fast xp/sparks/cap and possibly some drops you might like. I don't think the intention ever was to farm for accolades for their own sake. This is likely why the gear is highly sidegrady. It's not meant to be an event you go out for it's just a little something extra to do as a small reward for doing other stuff

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Must be the secret. If you are going for crystals you get them if not you don't.... maybe if you have the gear already it rerolls into crystal?
    No idea? I didnt track loot obtained in chronological order. I can tell u those were my first times fighting abyssdiver, whereas ive fought inutila before, and my crystal drop rate was higher on abyss.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bad luck?

btw, since you've fought Muut: does it do charm? Or just Final Retri/silence seal/Memento Mori?
    Yea it does charm from what i can remember only seemed to charm maybe 3-4 or so ppl at a time i really cant remember only did a few pops.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Here's some information about new unity wanted NM:

ternion dagger from scorpion NM (p.s. bring your antidotes for this fight)
    Gae Derg from Coca (wyvern) NM

Perun from Ayapec crab

worm NM uses Stonega V and Quake II
    ghastly tathlum
    Kladenets

Azrael (hecteyes NM)
    Aizkora
    Alhazen Hat +1 (Acc+45, Ranged Acc+45, Evasion +45, Magic Eva+45 ALL JOBS)

Deliverance +1 (shadow NM. must kill all 4 that pop)

Voso

Agony Jerkin
    Refined Grip (Damage Taken-2%)

Some people like Agony Jerkin because it has DEX+35 which makes it a good Rudra's piece. I dunno if it's good to full-time on Thief though compared to some other choices. If you look closely though, the +1 for Agony Jerkin is a terrible investment. It only adds DEF+1, Attack+1, and Lizard Killer+1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast