+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

2015 Spring Expansion Tournament

With NA/EU LCS expanding to 10 teams each, the 2015 Expansion Tournament was created to determine the two new spots.

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
    Spoiler-free VODs: http://lolesports.com/vods/

Schedule

• November 15-16: NA Expansion (Round 1, Online)
    • November 22-23: NA Expansion (Round 2, Online), EU Expansion (Round 1, Online)
    • November 29-30: EU Expansion (Round 2, Online)
    • December 12-14: NA Live Expansion (Round 3, Live, ESL Studio Burbank CA)
    • December 18-21: EU Live Expansion (Round 3, Live, IEM Cologne)

General bracket
    Spoiler: show

Both first (12 teams) and second rounds (six teams) are Best of 3 on patch 4.19

NA Teams

EU Teams

First NA round starts today (15th) at 11am PST / 8pm CET / 4am KST (on 16th), with Zenith Esports vs Final Five.

This should be fun

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Online portion, I wonder how many people are gonna get DDOS'd sigh.

BG Level

Ok, so the games are pre-recorderd to prevent DDos while the commentary is live. Stream is in glorious 60fps.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Fusion got a free pass in the first round because of a strange situation where there was a player active on the rosters of both Fusion and Confusion (Fusion's first opponent.) Now Fusion's support, Gleebglarbu, will be taking personal leave for at least the next round, but at possibly for the rest of the tournament. Their sub is a dude named Chunkyfresh, whom I've never heard of, though I fully admit to not following NA challenger scene much at all. Fusion is one of the teams with the most hype coming into this tournament, and now they are surrounded by questions without having played a single game.

chunky plays most roles in challenger i believe, i dont know that i've ever seen him play support though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

gleeb sitting out becasue of bipolar disorder lolwut, wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind him being moved off TSM.

BG Level

OP updated with EU teams. Quote from Reddit:

Ascension, Cyborg Factory, Team strix, Different Dimension and Tricked Esports are from EUNE while Demonlogs, SKP(Unlucky Bois), Sparta, n!faculty and Giants are from EUW. That makes 10 teams + Gamers2, H2k ,Reason Gaming, Millenium since NIP and DNL disbanded
    Still think it's unfair to split the 10 teams 50/50 between EUW/EUNE. EUW diamond teams are better than the top EUNE, since all the good original EUNE teams are playing on EUW anyway. The only good team from EUNE seems to be Tricked Esports, they reached the top spot on EUNE and #10 on EUW.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Coast shit on lolpro.

Ouch.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Holy maknoon.
    Picks poppy in game 1, goes ham as fuck.

god i hope he plays sion in game 2

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There is no god, there is only Maknoon. And Nien was crazy good too. This team is a legit potential for an expansion slot.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    There is no god, there is only Maknoon. And Nien was crazy good too. This team is a legit potential for an expansion slot.
    Finally got around to watching it and I agree. MC was sub par, but even so FSN just looked great.

BG Level

G2 (Ocelote's team) and MIL are both out of the expansion tournament. MIL kinda unexpected but their shotcalling was horrible. Can't see GIANTS to advance further either.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The mil loss wasn't that unexpected.
    Horo looked shocking in black monster cup a few weeks ago, and everytime I saw them play after that.
    Ryu was like "I'm korean I'm gonna carry, fuck building zhonya to avoid the chunk>Xerathkill combo".

I think they would've won easily with Kerp/Kottenx.

BG Level

F5 bodied Fusion 2-0 in the NA expansion so far and is one win away from beeing in the LCS. Now that would be quite an upset.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It isn't automatic.
    There is a lower bracket, so the loser of this /next game play, and the loser of that is eliminated.

A) Winner vs Winner = Promoted to LCS
    B) Loser vs Loser = Eliminated

Loser of A then plays winner of B, for the final spot.

BG Level

Ah yeah, you're right. Well Fusion made the comeback and are in the winner's final. They were the better team beyond all question but I'm not sure if they can win against either CA or Curse. Solid teamfights but their macro management was so off. Not preparing for upcoming dragons, gave towers up for free over and over again and tunneled hard on baron.

BG Level

Nice, CA made it. They looked great with the exception of Cop playing beastly the first two games just to be a nonfactor in the following two. Keane beasting on Heca and Bunny is a Thresh/Morg god. I feel they need need more practise in dragon/baron control vs actual LCS teams tho.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Saint actually smite stole, and smited properly yesterday, it was neat to see.