+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lost Ark     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I can only assume the source on that was an article from Chosun Ilbo that was going around a while ago. The part that caught traction was a terrible translation. The CEO didn't say that the localization will be in the next patch. He said that they are aiming for English speaking regions when they eventually expand their launch out of just Korea.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Right, which isn't news then.

What is news is that there is a community English translation patch out there now, for UI and such. 20% done or so.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

So, I have both Battlemaster and Arcana at max level now, along with a couple others in the mid 30s. The game's systems start off really slow. Too slow, in my opinion. Some classes, like Battlemaster, are fairly fun from the start, but others really don't pick up until much later. Arcana, since I know it fairly well, is really squishy and frustrating until you hit max level, do the Awakening quest, and get all your skills.

Endgame progress is fantastic. There are basically three paths that you can take: Raiding, Exploration, and Crafting. Raiding is obviously raiding. Kill raid bosses, craft gear with the drops, and then kill harder bosses to upgrade that gear. Last week they added a raid finder, which has made finding groups a little easier. However, you have to all be in the same city before the raid can be started, so it still could use some tweaks. Overall, the raid bosses are fairly fun and challenging, but the hardest part is really finding competent party members.

Exploration is, honestly, my favorite part of the game. Once you get a boat in the upper 30s, you can explore the various islands around the world. Each island has its own theme, and usually some quests. Each island also has a heart, which you have to figure out how to get. Some are super easy, some are wild goose chases, and some are just straight RNG. Collecting hearts allows you to get gear, which is (generally) not as strong as raid gear, but is easily upgraded. Island exploration is super casual, relaxing, and fun, though your mileage may vary.

Crafting gear comes from, well, crafting (called 'Life Skills' in game). There aren't crafting skills, but there are a handful of various gathering skills. NPCs in the main cities can craft gear for you, assuming you have the items. Gathering skills are very grindy, but the gear you can craft is very strong. Also, if you want to go for raiding gear you will want to level a gathering skill a bit because you will need to be able to make battle items (health pots, bombs, etc), which require gathering mats. The general consensus is that crafting gear is both too inefficient and doesn't have enough stats to really be worth aiming for unless you really love gathering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag