Closed Thread
Page 235 of 422 FirstFirst ... 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah that's my plan as well. I'll just do dailies and use any ticket I come across. I'm guessing we'll get a few next week with the new grind event.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Don't have him or Gilgamesh, myself.
    Same, also no Lightning, Luneth, Ling, Olive, etc....

Me neither. My one and only base 5 so far is Yun who I'm not even using on my team. I haven't had alot of luck with banner units lately. Seem to be pulling everything but banner units. 1k attack olive is pretty freaking sweet. Her true shot or whatever it's called does a nice 700k damage on ifrit. Granted the guy on my flist that has it is probably a whale but damn it's nice.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't know if this will help anyone with ELT since I'm not sure this works on that but on PRO when I use Shine's Double Corruption it keeps Ifrit paralyzed like 95% of the time making the fight a breeze for someone like me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

ELT is immune to everything. PRO can be paralyzed and blinded.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm the only one without native Noctis am I?
    None here either.

Considering the amount of TM farming I'd have to do to get him up to where I'd like..maybe for the best right now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't have Noctis of Greg either, but not for lack of trying.

After spending a day on ELT, I've got it down to being pretty smooth. It's totally clearable without tms, it'll take for-fucking-ever, but it's possible.

Minimum requirements are imo:
    50% fire resist in gear/espers per person
    Some kind of magic/attack break(Rain or Ling)
    Paralyze resist on healer, tank, and support (Refia is naturally immune and I have two Jeweled Rings from somewhere)
    4500hp+ on units

If you have all that, Ifrit should never be able to kill you so long as you keep buffs and debuffs up. I'm running with
    Lightning 4500hp, 100% resist from Flame Mail and Ifrit
    Cecil 6000hp, 100% resist Flame Mail/Shield
    Bartz 5000hp, 50% resist Flame Mail
    Refia 4kish hp, 50% natural resist
    Ling 5kish hp, 20% Carbuncle, 15% Fire Ring, 20% Soul Crown(From SoTM event I think)
    Friend Noctis/Olive

If I didn't have Lightning, I'd use Firion instead, but I opted to keep her in because she can wear heavy armor. Bartz has been amazing for entrust(For Cecil's LB), and his Elixer skill. With Bartz on MP recovery, I can have Ling use her atk/mag debuff skill every round, instead of having to use her mp restore skill which increases the chance of breaks falling.

I'd say the most important TM to have is Dualcast for Refia. Everything else is just going to make it a smoother fight.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dualcast is going to shit on a lot of folks. Y'Shtola has natural dual cast and does just bout all Refia does minus the Atk buff and Full-life (Y'sh only gets Raise). That said, if you cant pile on the resists or dont have 30-45 Fire Megacrysts sitting around for Flame Mails, Minfillia is a real good support for this fight, she has 70% Bar-spells. Would still want to get as much fire resist as you could on your hero's.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    I don't have Noctis of Greg either, but not for lack of trying.

After spending a day on ELT, I've got it down to being pretty smooth. It's totally clearable without tms, it'll take for-fucking-ever, but it's possible.

Minimum requirements are imo:
    50% fire resist in gear/espers per person
    Some kind of magic/attack break(Rain or Ling)
    Paralyze resist on healer, tank, and support (Refia is naturally immune and I have two Jeweled Rings from somewhere)
    4500hp+ on units

If you have all that, Ifrit should never be able to kill you so long as you keep buffs and debuffs up. I'm running with
    Lightning 4500hp, 100% resist from Flame Mail and Ifrit
    Cecil 6000hp, 100% resist Flame Mail/Shield
    Bartz 5000hp, 50% resist Flame Mail
    Refia 4kish hp, 50% natural resist
    Ling 5kish hp, 20% Carbuncle, 15% Fire Ring, 20% Soul Crown(From SoTM event I think)
    Friend Noctis/Olive

If I didn't have Lightning, I'd use Firion instead, but I opted to keep her in because she can wear heavy armor. Bartz has been amazing for entrust(For Cecil's LB), and his Elixer skill. With Bartz on MP recovery, I can have Ling use her atk/mag debuff skill every round, instead of having to use her mp restore skill which increases the chance of breaks falling.

I'd say the most important TM to have is Dualcast for Refia. Everything else is just going to make it a smoother fight.
    Basically agree with all of this, AoE status removal would be a good idea too so that it frees up Refia from having to potentially dual cast esuna leaving the heals light (which some turns is okay anyway, but some turns it isn't.) The use of Minfilia is a good idea too since basically the only thing my Lightning does is cast Barfira but I'm too lazy to level Minfilia atm.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Three pulls on this banner. Some crap I don't remember, then

- Cecil (which I desperately needed)
    - Zidane (my third DW after Greg and Light, NEEDED THIS)

WELL SHIT. I'm satisfied lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally got a Minfilia from the pull lol. And I'm about to get the free one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm trying to figure out what will happen first: Y'shtola from the summon or me getting the free one.

1 million points to go.

You'll prolly end up getting the freebie one. I know that's how I'll get it too. Got one fully fused thancred already and halfway on a 2nd. I know his TM isnt the best but atm its helpful on chizuru cause of her low hp. Shouldn't be to bad getting those higher rewards since the bonus keeps going up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I figured since my luck has been rotten, I made my wife 11 pull for me. Her pull got me a 4th Shine(yay!), and my first Jack(also yay! I want 4 for his tm)

Still no rainbows, but its okay

Someone on reddit worked out the math, if you only do pro, you'll end up with 1.5mil points ish. Plenty for Y'shtola.

I just maxed my Minfillia, her LB animation is amazing. Does anyone want her for a friend unit, or should I keep Ling up? (I can also put up a 830atk Lightning but she doesn't offer much utility.)

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Daily Rainbow... Ace.

D:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just learned that the friend unit sort filter takes gear into account. For example, I sorted by paralyze resistance and an 850 atk Noctis friend with a Ribbon showed up. Amazing.

Damn Mina, that sucks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Zidane #5 from daily. Have gotten ten Minfilia and finished a Thancred TM already also. Where was this four star luck during Shine?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

omg only 3 minfillias here and almost enough thancreds to make 2 tmr T_T I hate that this is happening, I need so many more materials

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Daily was a blue to gold and...

Chizuru #5.

Man, 5 months from now when I'm done grinding all these TMRs, my team is gonna be baller.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Daily = Hayate.

Fuck it- EVERYONE IS GETTING A BLACK CROWL!