Closed Thread
Page 250 of 422 FirstFirst ... 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast

Sent you an invite zealot. My current companion unit is a 6* chizuru. Don't have alot of good tm's yet but that should be helpful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    My Player ID is 160,434,057. I'm not going to get much out of these two events, probably, but adding some friends will help me squeeze out a few more red orbs.

Also with the weekend coming up, should I focus on using all my NRG on getting metaltaurs?
    Sent a friend request, my ID is 675 086 196. Currently have a Ling with 116% fire resist up and will probably leave her there until the Ifrit even ends. Not the best set up Ling out there, but she usually survives well enough and can more or less give easy wins to anything Pro and under. She's also helpful on the FFT event, though that means giving up a bonus unit.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Accepted both, thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    My Player ID is 160,434,057. I'm not going to get much out of these two events, probably, but adding some friends will help me squeeze out a few more red orbs.

Also with the weekend coming up, should I focus on using all my NRG on getting metaltaurs?
    I sent you a friend request. I purge my friend list once a while to make space for event bonus unit. Put bg somewhere in your greetings so you won't get purged by accident.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Events like FFT, you have two options to be efficient: run a group of bonus and use an OP friend who can carry OR make your own carry and always take the highest bonus friend(usually, find the 100 or 75). Sometimes, you can get both in a friend.

Also, for newer players (myself included), watch videos posted in the reddit threads and FFBE wiki events pages to see how people play the characters they have. For me, it showed me some mechanics and tricks (like chaining). In addition, there are usually a few F2P, low equip/materia vids to help even newer players.

Zeal, I sent a friend request. Noctis can Warp Break everything until the boss, then Fire Flask boss first, then Warp Break and he'll be done (you can Warp Break for two rounds, but Fire Flask has a chance to paralyze and will blind). If choco show up, Fire Flask. He can carry through ELT.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sent you a request as well Zeal. My Olive can just True Shot all of ELT.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kuja, Zidane, and Vivi look really cool. Beatrix is nice (her TM being awesome) and Steiner is... eh. Excalibur II being a mere 10 extra atk over Cecil's Excalibur with no other benefits is pretty lackluster and Black Waltz is trash.

Looks like GL will be getting some April Fools shenanigans and a whole lot of nothing else aside from the story update and Lasswell. Some new bundle called Copper Chest of Abundance with a "1000% extra value", so probably 10,000 beast meats for 1000gil or something dumb. New Vortex dungeon tomorrow prolly be an April Fools thing too, would be shocked if it wasn't, but there is no data out on that yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wanna see Eiko's summoning numbers. With the recent JP buff to summons and her abilities charging the gauge there's a lot of potential there.
    I wish they had given more to Garnet though, Eiko is way better than her in almost every way (except elemental resistance buffs).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sent Zealot and Ziero requests. I favorite/lock BG peeps so no risk of purging once that's settled.

My ID is 821,097,688, in case I'm missing anyone. Running gimp Orlandu now (no cactuars), but at least he's good for points.

Otherwise a modest DW Noctis with 600+ atk with my only 2 moogle powered TMs (Genji Glove and Excal).

Edit: I guess someone figured out Ultima wasn't disabled for this week's "no black magic" rule on Arena. =/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

psh your Noctis is far from modest. best one on my FL by 200 ATK at least.

but yeah your Orlandu is shit tier

my Lightning needs some TMs badly, but it'll be a while. working on Genji Glove first and that doesn't benefit her. and with all these events and story content to do it will be a while before I begin macroing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post

Edit: I guess someone figured out Ultima wasn't disabled for this week's "no black magic" rule on Arena. =/
    Meteor and Alterna weren't either. Oops!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Do you guys want me to share Greg or Noctis as a general rule? Greg's top-end attack is higher, but Noctis is, well, noctis. I had soleil up, but I figure with the plethora of TGC on everybody's f-list, my shitty soleil is useless.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What's the no-weapon-Pecil benefit?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Got the 10% moogle. Definitely done with the whole ELT farming thing; what a pain in the ass (non-100% break resistance randomness can suck a dick).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    What's the no-weapon-Pecil benefit?
    In general, ifrit ELT likes to drop a big fire debuff on you (as well as ATK-down). So using bushido-freedom on your own party will dispelga everything (I used provoke first, to try to make sure he got the atk-down debuff as well). But it also can hit like a truck. So I removed his sword, dropped him to <200atk, and how he doesn't hit too hard. Then you just dual-curaja and re-apply barfira.

This change was successful enough that I won the last ~25 ELT battles with no losses, even with substandard helpers (though I'd specifically pick somebody with innate paralyze immunity, like TGC, olive, or luneth; sorry greg, gtfo). Ling being able to barfira, restore mp, break, etc was a real lifesaver, but I wouldn't say she's *required*.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So question, I have a conundrum with Shard of Genius moogles.

I have 13 of them, 65% total, and my only Ysh is already 100% and I haven't gotten a second one yet lol. I know it's only 20% buff to each stat, when the event ends should I get rid of them? Not looking forward to the inventory space they're wasting and I already have 1.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Ifrit ELT doesn't necessarily require a specific unit but it does require you to have certain abilities or follow one of three strategies.

Gumi messed up with this event and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on two of these but not the third one.

1. Yshtola came double at what JP could freely get her. This meant we had to double our efforts. Definitely strained a lot of people too. This is totally on gumi. All of the problems I'm about to gripe about would be less aggravating and less of an issue because I don't think 600k on pro would be too much of a challenge--even if you couldn't play this game all the time. And those who couldn't make it surely would be able to refresh and probably would be understanding that they just don't have the time to play so that's their course of action. 1.2 mil was straining on many who could play but not all the fucking time.

2. Ifrit came earlier than several key unit releases. Tidus, Vargas,Eileen, Tilith 6*, WoL 6*, Rem banners and Orlandu only arrived at the end of the event. The biggest ???? honestly was no WoL or Tilith which would have drastically made the shit easier. Seriously WoL and Tilith are just that fucking good. With all the epic characters such as Tidus, Eileen, Orlandu not being there at the start we are also at a disadvantage and being forced to make other units viable. These key elements make the fight a lot harder. People disagree with me on the forum about it but it's true and people will see how much better WoL is at tanking shit.

3. Break resistance. We've had this already in the game but combining all the earlier parts and dealing with this was a massive headache. I don't think gumi realized how much of a strain this is. Breaking a boss attack and magic does way more than raising your spr and def. with it being inconsistently broken you are now placing rng on your teams victory. I have 2 dualcasts and enough fire resistance on all my units to turn a near full wipe into a victory but I would dare say if you didn't you couldn't possibly recover from it.

Tldr; yshtola should have been half the cost like JP. OR WoL and Tilith should have been before the event like JP. Break resistance is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Anybody else notice amazon coins went way up in price? Fuckers...

edit: unless you buy $500 worth at a time, then you get 25% off.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Coren, were you on Midgard?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Ifrit ELT doesn't necessarily require a specific unit but it does require you to have certain abilities or follow one of three strategies.

Gumi messed up with this event and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on two of these but not the third one.

1. Yshtola came double at what JP could freely get her. This meant we had to double our efforts. Definitely strained a lot of people too. This is totally on gumi. All of the problems I'm about to gripe about would be less aggravating and less of an issue because I don't think 600k on pro would be too much of a challenge--even if you couldn't play this game all the time. And those who couldn't make it surely would be able to refresh and probably would be understanding that they just don't have the time to play so that's their course of action. 1.2 mil was straining on many who could play but not all the fucking time.

2. Ifrit came earlier than several key unit releases. Tidus, Vargas,Eileen, Tilith 6*, WoL 6*, Rem banners and Orlandu only arrived at the end of the event. The biggest ???? honestly was no WoL or Tilith which would have drastically made the shit easier. Seriously WoL and Tilith are just that fucking good. With all the epic characters such as Tidus, Eileen, Orlandu not being there at the start we are also at a disadvantage and being forced to make other units viable. These key elements make the fight a lot harder. People disagree with me on the forum about it but it's true and people will see how much better WoL is at tanking shit.

3. Break resistance. We've had this already in the game but combining all the earlier parts and dealing with this was a massive headache. I don't think gumi realized how much of a strain this is. Breaking a boss attack and magic does way more than raising your spr and def. with it being inconsistently broken you are now placing rng on your teams victory. I have 2 dualcasts and enough fire resistance on all my units to turn a near full wipe into a victory but I would dare say if you didn't you couldn't possibly recover from it.

Tldr; yshtola should have been half the cost like JP. OR WoL and Tilith should have been before the event like JP. Break resistance is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely agree with the first, I only get to play a few hours a day since I have to rely on using the wifi at the local library and so far I only managed to snag roughly 600k just spamming this event (that includes some free refreshes), I would have missed out on Y'shtola if I didn't get lucky the first day and pulled her from the draw. Really think Gumi dropped the ball with the point rewards.