FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Daily Gold-> Rosa#5.

Will there ever be ANY good bow units??

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So just came back to this game after months of not playing.. I see they have daily half price summons now, finally.. was pretty rough before.

First summon was a gold 4* Refia.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deitan View Post
    So just came back to this game after months of not playing.. I see they have daily half price summons now, finally.. was pretty rough before.

First summon was a gold 4* Refia.
    Half price summons have been here for a long time, feels like longer than it has been though I'm sure :/.

Congrats

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, those are the basics. And I suppose some arena bodies and a helmet if you're that far (though the Beret is likely similar strength if not pulling ahead on a 6*). Rest is just making eggs or hero rings and mag+10%'s if you've gotten far enough in the story for those. I imagine she'll end up in the high 300's or low 400's at that point. Gets kinda irksome that mages need DW too, but Arc isn't a super rare unit. Not for me, anyway.
    got her up to 510. not too shabby. 993,124,550 if anyone wants to use her!

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Used a 6000 fish ticket.

Bedile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BG Level

Though in more upbeat news, I got an ELT run with 2 bonus mobs, a bomb and a catgirl. With 2 Terras that came out to about 3400 fish.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gilgamesh - Lock light/lightning (Durandal/Coral Sword w/ Snowpetal) and primary DPS
    Xon - Steal buffs and taunt thresholds
    Ling - MP Recovery
    Y'shtola - Healing/Protectra/Backup light lock
    RHM's Noctis - 100% Evade Fish tanking, pushing thresholds, ended fight with Armiger to ensure LB kill

Was intense even with that OP Noctis. X Slash made things tricky. Had to think about my turns sometimes. I'd probably be able to do it without Noctis but it would've been so much more of a headache.

BG Level

Had a Nelapa spawn in a PRO run, didn't know that could happen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Second half of Mysidia+Titan this week. Still no 6* WoL

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I had a pretty good run with bonus units yesterday. I picked up all the tickets, and the power purecryst this morning.

More or less done with the event, myself. Got all the tickets, cactaurs, quartz, cheap 6*, a couple not-cheap to get them all to 75+, a few 5* mats, and the beret. Everything else just seems too energy inefficient to chase.

BG Level

Finished with tickets and cactuars myself. Going after mats next and then the quartz I suppose. The 10000 fish bonus from Kefka should be enough to get me anything I want that I don't already have by Thursday.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This one has been slow going for me. Or it least it seems that way after the orlandeau event. The bonus mob rate seems WAY less than chocobos, and not only do I not have the 6* unit, nobody else seems to either. Only getting ~800 fish per run sucks. It's also not a guaranteed win (RNG kills me maybe 1 in 10 runs). I'm trying to decide if I should drop one of my bonus kefkas for a second DPS.

I got the cactuars and the tickets that aren't 6k ea, plus the hat. I'm planning to finish out the 30k moogle, the 6* mats, the other 3 tickets, and maybe the star quartz.

On a lighter note, I realized that swapping demon mail for monster breastplate puts Oldmandeau over 1k attack (1001 to be specific). I still need Ramza for all BiS, but hitting that threshold is nice!

BG Level

Is it possible to run a TM farming macro on a droid? I saw a couple programs of that nature but I thought I'd ask to see what opinions people have of them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yes... the game tuner can run a macro on the S7 and S8 phones. I haven't tried it though so I can't give many more details than that.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

even with TT I can barely manage PRO on a regular basis. maybe I should sacrifice a bonus unit to increase my damage? because if Dragon snorts away TT, I'm fucked unless my friend unit happens to be capable of soloing that asshole. Setzer can do it... but it's a gamble (naturally). ELT I can't even approach without the one 1106 Olive on my list (although with her it's a breeze).

got awakening mats and almost all the cactuars, also beret. now I'm finishing up tickets. I feel like I'm pretty far behind :/

Once I get the 30k trust moogle I'm done farming this event. Crap fish drops and bonus mobs that barely appear. Running pro with 175% bonus still barely nets me over 300 fish. I don't do elite because I can't reliably beat it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    even with TT I can barely manage PRO on a regular basis. maybe I should sacrifice a bonus unit to increase my damage? because if Dragon snorts away TT, I'm fucked unless my friend unit happens to be capable of soloing that asshole. Setzer can do it... but it's a gamble (naturally). ELT I can't even approach without the one 1106 Olive on my list (although with her it's a breeze).

got awakening mats and almost all the cactuars, also beret. now I'm finishing up tickets. I feel like I'm pretty far behind :/
    A good Noctis can solo ELT with all carry units (Setzers make it easier on final boss with Dice); Fire Flask first 2 enemies > Blindside with Deprotect and Imperil from carry units (get these from Espers) > repeat Blindside until boss > Fire Flask boss and make sure para lands (if it doesn't, close app or use Setzer's Cursed Card) then just Warp Break it along with Setzer Dice until its dead. If it un paralyzes early, you might need to use the jump instead to heal yourself to be able to finish it off.

My Noctis can solo ELT like that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    A good Noctis can solo ELT with all carry units (Setzers make it easier on final boss with Dice); Fire Flask first 2 enemies > Blindside with Deprotect and Imperil from carry units (get these from Espers) > repeat Blindside until boss > Fire Flask boss and make sure para lands (if it doesn't, close app or use Setzer's Cursed Card) then just Warp Break it along with Setzer Dice until its dead. If it un paralyzes early, you might need to use the jump instead to heal yourself to be able to finish it off.
    WOW................. Did not know we could just close the app and restart it if debuffs didn't land >_> I'll do that next time Ling's Dance of Death misses so I don't risk getting wiped by Flare Star.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

thanks for the tips. I won't be doing the close/restart thing because that's how my game got fucked last time... I'm sure it's safe, but that scared me shitless lol. but I could try a Noctis carry.

I can mostly solo PRO now; what helped a LOT was finally grabbing that Jeweled Ring from one of the Grandshelt quests. now the only time I get totally screwed is if my friend unit can't carry AND he snorts Trance Terra, but that's fairly rare.

1 ticket to go. then I think I'll finish off the 6* awakening mats, grab some 5* mats too, and the star quartz. 5* moogle if I can make it. no crysts for me; I'm not quite ready to grind that hard yet.

are the ethers and phoenix downs worth it?