Closed Thread
Page 298 of 422 FirstFirst ... 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

For Bahamut trial, I'm thinking...

- TT
    - TT (both with Zyrus TM)
    - Y'shtola
    - Cecil (once tomorrow's event comes and I can get him to 6*)
    - ???
    - ??? friend

I think I need one more damage dealer. 1160 friend Olive or 760 friend TT; either one works. So that leaves my last open slot... another DD? Greg? Maybe Refia for healing? Cecil + Y'sh should be able to cover it but one thing I'm finding with Bahamut is you can't have too many revives lol. I could use Minfilia for elemental resist but Bahamut uses so many elements that it's kind of a crapshoot, so IDK if that's wise.

Or maybe I'll just bring my own third DD and recruit a pimped out friend Marie from reddit... that might be the best path. Either way I'm 99% sure I can do this with the right setup. First try and everyone except Y'sh survived Megaflare (and she wasn't defending because she cast Shellga) so that's a good sign.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I wiped twice on The Lure of Echidna. I don't think you can 5 man this trial without Safety Bit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm 0/3 on Echidna. No good status immune friend units yet. Need an orlandu or equivalent with a Ribbon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

CoD works extremely well (and I didn't even use Omni). I 3-manned Baha Trial with Cecil/Refia/CoD (TGCids died out of the gate and I couldn't keep them up so I just left them dead).

Edit: Hybrid is subject to physical acc checks which means evasion units can go pretty far. Safety Bit your tank and keep provoke up.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

my CoD is sitting in the dust bin :/ too many units to level, ugh.

I'm thinking one of two possible setups now:
    - TT, TT, Refia, Y'shtola, Minfilia, friend Olive. TT uses Maduin Guard while Minfilia covers the other two elements. Y'sh/Refia heal and revive. TT chain -> Olive finisher should do insane damage.
    - TT, TT, Refia, Y'shtola, Greg, friend Marie. Marie covers elemental resists, TT + Greg go to town on damage. Slower - my Greg is meh - but safer.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Key things for new trial: Roselia has two upgrades that are super cheap that give 30 MP to all allies (and Santa Roselia has other stuff). Minfilia has 100% confuse res to all allies (also has counter AoE heal). Snow could be the better tank for counter (phys and mag) to get LB charged.

Edit: OH SHIT! Just looked at the rewards! No more Dracu Las TM NEEDED! Vest has evade! Means a LOT more units can cap evasion and use Safety Bit. So, reddit will have capped evasion Ling/Noctis/Lightning with Safety Bits and Discernment materia. Those can solo/carry. Which, will also work for Gilg, if you still need.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

RHM will also have a carry on reddit. if there's anything that man can't do... I don't know what it is lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    I'm 0/3 on Echidna. No good status immune friend units yet. Need an orlandu or equivalent with a Ribbon.
    I put Orlandeu with Ribbon and Safety Bit + Diablos Esper. Good luck.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Time for me to start up on doing Ribbons...sooner than later. I can push her to 40%, but the instant Refia dies and/or Orlandeau gets confused, shit hits the fan

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Minfilia is pretty key with 100% res confuse and 70% element res.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thank you, Iku. Cleared with all missions complete using your Orlandu. It's soooo much easier with a top tier dd. I have all the TMs in the world, but they only go so far on Firion, Lightning, and Mercedes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Iku View Post
    I wiped twice on The Lure of Echidna. I don't think you can 5 man this trial without Safety Bit.
    I did clear it 5 man sans safety by accident; I had safety bit but I forgot to equip it That being said, I'm stacked with everyone immune to all status effects except death (Farm dem Ribbons or Discernment!) I had to use items to 5 man clear it without safety bit but, I hit esper and 5 man first time though so it was a nice easy clear the 2nd time.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

5% HP left on Bahamut, wipe to Megaflare

I'm done with this fucking bullshit trial. Triple/quadruple cast poison/elemental spells while charging for Megaflare is bullshit. I'm over this cheap shit

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Did they fix the bug where if you don't attack him while he charges Megaflare, he will not use it? Can basically bunker down and refresh buffs while he charges then attack on a turn where he doesn't charge.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I think they did - I healed up during one of those turns and he still Megaflare'd. if that bug were still around I would have won easily

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Looking at your party setups from above you might want to focus more on survivability than damage. A strong Olive alone can self buff/debuff and be enough damage. I can setup my CoD for the Bahamut trial if you would like Yuri.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

When I was doing Bahamut I got the glitched version, but I still attacked him every turn. It just seems like the fight loads wrong sometimes.

I also fought the version where he Megaflares every 3rd turn too, didn't do anything different. Both of these fights were pre today's patch.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was under the impression that the bug triggers if you can deal enough damage within a certain amount of turns to get to the 40% threshold. Dual Fry's was enough to drop him that point for me, and they can survive Megaflare on turns you know it's coming.

Also, Luka was probably my mvp for that fight to be honest, +45 Spr buff, AoE Regen and the Cure + Status Heal made a world of difference. When I had Cecil in my party, he would drop with every Megaflare, along with my CoD, and I'd spend those off rounds trying to get everyone back up and running. Switching Cecil for Luka not only covered back up healing in spades, but helped everyone survive the big hits to begin with making it easier to recover for the next turn.

With this fight, it's best to leave the DDing up to one or two specific units, while everyone else focuses on defensive buffs and healing. Bahamut's HP and Defenses aren't all that high, so you can whittle him down with little effort. The hardest part of this fight isn't killing Bahamut, it's surviving him.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally pulled a Zyrus! Put that Dracostick on Y'shtola, brought her magic to ~550 and 800~ with Cleric's Stance. 3.9mil damage on Bahamut as a chain closer with Alterna <3. Once i get a real mage its going to be so nice, since cleric's leaves her open to insta die.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Yeah, my second attempt brought along Greg who just kinda... threw items and died a lot. Not helpful lol. Double TT is more than enough damage here, especially with 2x Draco Rods.

Mostly I'm lacking in defensive options. Not enough SPR/HP+ materias and equipment. No real dedicated support unit (Minfilia is almost there, and this trial has convinced me to level CoD as well). The fact that I got so close means clearly I can do this, and that Genji Glove is 5.4% from being finished... so close! Even just getting some 6* mats tomorrow could push me over the edge.

Zoii I might try it with your CoD. When will she be up? And not sure if we're friends yet, 993124550 if we're not.