BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    I'm currently rank 11. Is there anyway for me to farm and get my guys stronger? Dungeons are starting to become a bit hard.
    Theres an event going on this weekend called "Cactuar Dunes". Do them for EXP Cactuars, the 30 stamina one is the best exp/stamina average of basically anything. Its amazing.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Theres an event going on this weekend called "Cactuar Dunes". Do them for EXP Cactuars, the 30 stamina one is the best exp/stamina average of basically anything. Its amazing.
    Would I be able to do that with a fresh account? I've only been playing for a few hours.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    Would I be able to do that with a fresh account? I've only been playing for a few hours.
    They're really easy to kill, shouldnt be a problem, I can usually KO them with my TM team who are always level ~20 and not geared. Bring a strong-ish friend if you're not certain, but they're real weak.

Side note: Noctis

If he's being buffed, any word on Ring of the Lucii gaining the 30%Mag/Atk it got nerfed out of?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They're really easy to kill, shouldnt be a problem, I can usually KO them with my TM team who are always level ~20 and not geared. Bring a strong-ish friend if you're not certain, but they're real weak.

Side note: Noctis

If he's being buffed, any word on Ring of the Lucii gaining the 30%Mag/Atk it got nerfed out of?
    Would cream in my pants if they did with my 3x Noctis, but not gonna hold my breath. The abilities being fixed seems likely though especially after their oopsy, but I don't know if I see them retroactively adding the 30% ATK/MAG to make Lucii the one true ring like it is in JP.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So apparently we're getting quite a bit from the fan festa. According to this reddit attendee we're getting:

So, the reward for the fan fiesta were:

6 5% Mog
    10 EX tickets
    1 of each pots max rarity
    1 4* EX ticket
    Keep in mind there are also 4 additional festas planned over the course of the rest of the year. The next is in September in Taiwan, October in NY, November in Korea, and December in LA. Whether we get more rewards during those, it's anyone's guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Good news for anyone with Zargabard!

His 100% buff stacks with berserk. And berserk is a little bugged. You can:

100% buff on turn one
    Use your offensive units attack on turn two
    Before the damage connects, cast berserk
    The attack should get the buff from berserk
    Dispel berserk with your healer and repeat

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Would cream in my pants if they did with my 3x Noctis, but not gonna hold my breath. The abilities being fixed seems likely though especially after their oopsy, but I don't know if I see them retroactively adding the 30% ATK/MAG to make Lucii the one true ring like it is in JP.
    Yah, there's no precedent to this yet though, they've never un-nerfed a character, and if its going to happen... i don't see why they'd leave the ring nerfed too. I sure hope they buff it up, but as you I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

As awesome as it would be to have the ring buffed, I'd be very conflicted about what to do with it. Right now I have it on my 100% evade arena-only Ling. If I remove it from her, I'd have to find another way to get her to 100% evade because I definitely don't want to waste an item that strong on her... :/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Personal problem! Get some 20 sided die lol. I use mine for Emperor lol he could use the buff.

But yah that Holy is nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah, there's no precedent to this yet though, they've never un-nerfed a character, and if its going to happen... i don't see why they'd leave the ring nerfed too. I sure hope they buff it up, but as you I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath.
    Well, to be fair Noctis is the only character they've ever nerfed in this game. Every other character has either been buffed from its JP release or released there later with buffs (Ariana) due to JP being ahead.
    I don't see them doing anything for the Ring though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This Mog King raid could use two WoL. One to break O and other to break D. I'm using Olive's Shattering Shot for -50 DEF or I would use another WoL.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    - New Ariana Grande unit / Collab
    - Will we get Dragon Quest collab? No, it's not as popular in the west.
    I WANTED THAT KILLING MACHINE FFS, BUT WE GET ANOTHER ARIANA GRANDE UNIT?!?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just got back into the game and caught up to current end. Got myself a few good characters, could use a few tips and tricks to fight the elite bossess. Can't seem to survive the fight with King Mog passed half life.

My user ID 047,854,677

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    I WANTED THAT KILLING MACHINE FFS, BUT WE GET ANOTHER ARIANA GRANDE UNIT?!?

Pretty much lol...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I have no idea what your current bench looks like, but I'm using Ling, WoL, and Tilith for my support, 2 Orlandeaus and an Olive. Soften him up with breaks, toss an embolden, and rain down DRs and True shot. He goes from 90% to dead on turn 2. Any time he doesn't die, even if he's at 5% HP left, it's iffy as to whether I can finish him. If he lands a meteor fully buffed and without debuffs, you're fucked.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Due to me starting last a few weeks and did not put much money into, my best line up with storyline equipment is Chizaru, Tilith, Sozhe, Cloud of Darkness, Rain (for undermine) and Lightning.

Leveling up, thanks to the cactuar experience event. Ilias, kelsus, Firion, cecil, Vaan, Rikku and Zyrus. I have Zidane and have been putting all my trust moogles into him in order to get duel wield.

Currently don't know which characters to seek out and which to concentrate on. I got the Mog Kings rewards by getting an esper and other requirements then using escape to win the battle. Worked but feels bad.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Due to me starting last a few weeks and did not put much money into, my best line up with storyline equipment is Chizaru, Tilith, Sozhe, Cloud of Darkness, Rain (for undermine) and Lightning.

Leveling up, thanks to the cactuar experience event. Ilias, kelsus, Firion, cecil, Vaan, Rikku and Zyrus. I have Zidane and have been putting all my trust moogles into him in order to get duel wield.

Currently don't know which characters to seek out and which to concentrate on.
    Ilias is a solid healer if you use his bug/unlisted feature. Pick Salve, then back out of the menu. Now swipe left for items and use whatever you'd like. Everything will be AoE except for Phoenix Downs. Being new, I'm not sure what your item stock looks like, but he can take you very far as long as you've got the supply. Though you have Tilith so you're pretty set in the healing department really.

It's difficult to list units that you should seek out since with RNG, you may get a 6* beast of a team in 20 pulls, or it may take you 2000 pulls. Best thing you can do is check the wiki's unit ranking list. It's not exact by any means, but it'll give you a rough idea of who's good at what. Just because they're not listed doesn't mean they're not capable of serving a purpose. Rough rule of thumb, if you check a unit and they don't have a max of 6*s, they're likely not that useful yet. Some will get 6* upgrades that make them viable, like Agrias getting bumped to 6*s and gaining Divine Ruination so she can chain with Orlandeau. Pretty much every unit you listed is solid except for Sozhe, though his TM is pretty solid.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Sounds good. Any tips on who i should save all my LB magic pots for? If you had to pick a character.

Out of those you listed I'd say Cecil, rikku and firion. Checking out the exvius wiki page will give you a good look at the current units in the game.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Sounds good. Any tips on who i should save all my LB magic pots for? If you had to pick a character.
    The best way to think about it is:

If they have a LB up will you ever use it? Yes/No

Here are a list of units I've looked over while playing that I've considered as "worth using" now it's up to the player to decide how much they consider their LBs as "worth using".
    I have them listed by bases. Some LBs are pointless IMO to level but that's just like... my opinion. Also a lot of this depends on what units you use and your setup for doing things. EX: Ling's LB is useless to me but for someone who capitalizes on fire damage, you know, they might value it more.

5* Noctis, Wilhelm, Marie, White Knight, Y'shtola, Tidus, Emperor, Olive, Yun, Dark Fina, Fryevia*, Kelsus
    4* Minfilia, Garnet, Rikku, Thief, Ling, Primm, Zyrus, Setzer, Vanille
    3* Cecil ................ Exdeath but if you level Exdeath's LB over these other ones idk what to tell you.

*Fryevia's LB is not worthwhile if you have a super DW Fryevia built, in general I wouldn't recommend it but I mean... it just kind of depends on your Fryevia dmg.

I've probably missed some unit that has a LB worth leveling and yeah I realize some of these are "not worth it" to your teams so try to not get mad that some unit on here is useless to you.

Personally I completed Cecil. I'm working on Noctis. Thinking about Y'shtola for the future.