Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If someone has a Fryevia or someone to chain with my Fryevia then the body method is totally viable for Aigion I think at least from what I've seen. I went in after only skimming some guides and won after an hour filled with minor mistakes due to not researching properly.

While I had 3 Fry's in the fight, one had the highest attack in the group and was dead most of the time. When she had auto-revive I was able to do a burst of damage on that turn but that was it. So she could be replaced by any decent unit with high attack as well as long as Aigion doesn't resist them.

My setup was

WoL (He raised Attack Fry 99% of the time and did spr break when he didn't have to. Also had dual cast on him incase he needed to raise two people.) Obviously, this ruins the no magic run.
    Tilith (Heal...don't stop healing)
    Rikku (LB and Hypernull till the body is dead, then Hypernull and raising the few times shit hit the fan.)
    2 Fry's for Damage and dispelling the right arm.
    1 Fry for that extra damage when she lived. Extra but not necessary.

I will say that having Fry being able to survive with one hp after a fatal attack didn't actually stop her from dying most of the time due to aoe hits but it helped when it was just the left arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    I kind of want to try Aigion again using the Emperor method. I'm thinking something like...

WoL for breaks and tanking after arm phase
    Ling for her LB/bushido freedom/mana battery
    Rikku
    Tilith
    Maxwell for highest atk reraise
    friend Emperor

Does anyone have a pimped out Emperor I can try using later in the week (Probably wednesday) or should I find someone off Reddit? I know we tend to be more physical heavy here, not including Yuri's Trance Terras.
    If you want to try this method I can see what I can do with my Emperor. I'll probably need to finish the Octopus Teacher trial first though which I can try today. I don't know how strong I'll be able to make him though.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Decided to blow a few tickets for Helena's Banner-> 1st ticket = D.Cecil#2.

TIME TO WAIT FOR THAT D.VERITAS BANNER!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just beat the Octopus Teacher.

I can get Emperor to 801 Magic. No idea if that's enough for Aigion.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

There are a couple new setups floating about: 2X Ashe with low MAG/high spirit as healing and Rem/Ace/Emp for chain closers. Ace/Ling for MP battery. Standard WoL+Rikku doing their thing (WoL with pouch to keep LB+ up and Rikku synth->LB->Hyper Null). Luneth+2XFirelandu is the other.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Cecil daily. I've fused enough of him together to get up to 60% on a second Excalibur.

What was your setup for Echidna?
    Rikku, WoL, Tilith, Orlandeau + Orlandeau
    After doing it I think I would have been better with Refia + Tilith instead of Rikku + Tilith... or maybe Refia + Minfilia.

Used the same setup for Octopus teacher. Rikku was not so useful on Octopus teacher, I think I would have been better with a Dual Cast Cecil.

edit: agrias daily

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I hate posting this because it makes me feel ashamed but I should say something anyways.

I attempted the Aigiaon trial and failed miserably. I don't think I want to come back until I have a better plan.
    What happened when I failed though is worth noting.

The app had multiple "connection errors" while transitioning back to the menu. When it did...
    The game said I won. Congratulations. Here's your weapon, here's the ability TM, you failed the Ramuh summon (even though I didn't--I summoned him 1x), you failed to use a LB (I sure as hell didn't, I used Rikku's LB like 20x), thanks, bye.

So I don't know what happened. Game glitched somehow. Still have to go back eventually to get Knuckles Mastery.

Got a shantotto today. Ain't seen her in a long while.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Daily blue was Freya. Missed Fryevia by THAT MUCH....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Threw up my awakened Ace for anyone on the friends list needing an MP battery for the robit fight. My dailys the entirety of July have been absolute trash. Never thought I'd be annoyed seeing a Zidane (#14) these days.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

@DFJS I think we're supposed to get the FFXI raid soon, your shantotto came early ;o
    Daily was Amarant. *slides it next to Coren's Freya and Dook's Zidane*

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So I finally beat Aigaion using WOL, Rikku, Tilith, Olive, Emperor, and friend Vargas as sacrifice. Did the emperor method, arms first, and took about 2 hours of playing on and off. Personally I feel like Vargas was the mvp for my battle because on top of having a self reraise ability, he can also survive a fatal blow with 1 HP thus eliminating a little of the RNG in this fight.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but when I got the the body phase... instead of getting blasted by world destroyer every 5 turns I closed the game (I used an android phone) and reopened it. This seems to reset the 5 turn counter. I caught on after eating 2 world destroyers near the 50% mark and never saw the move charge after resetting, so if you can make it to the body phase then you shouldn't get hit by that nasty shit if you close and reopen the game on turn 3 or 4.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but when I got the the body phase... instead of getting blasted by world destroyer every 5 turns I closed the game (I used an android phone) and reopened it. This seems to reset the 5 turn counter. I caught on after eating 2 world destroyers near the 50% mark and never saw the move charge after resetting, so if you can make it to the body phase then you shouldn't get hit by that nasty shit if you close and reopen the game on turn 3 or 4.
    Be careful with those methods as they consider it cheating technically and have been known to hit folk with the ole ban hammer for exploiting the shut down/reopen technique. Congrats on the victory though!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

daily rainbow -> Decil!

would have preferred Luneth, he fits better with my team (advance + magical activation -> chaos wave + cut through) but still, I needed a good finisher and he's one of the best. am excite!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    daily rainbow -> Decil!

would have preferred Luneth, he fits better with my team (advance + magical activation -> chaos wave + cut through) but still, I needed a good finisher and he's one of the best. am excite!
    Grats! Still 7 power T3 and 2 T4 to maxxing Soul Eater on mine. Once its done he'll be a beast finisher.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Abused a friend with auto-LB Rikku and took down Echidna. At the very end she had the barest sliver of life left and everyone was down with no reraise except Tilith and WoL. I summoned Shiva, 65k damage for the win. 3/3 on missions, all in one go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Abused a friend with auto-LB Rikku and took down Echidna. At the very end she had the barest sliver of life left and everyone was down with no reraise except Tilith and WoL. I summoned Shiva, 65k damage for the win. 3/3 on missions, all in one go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Ya, Rikku with 6-8 LB crystals auto a turn is broken as fuck for that fight esp. combined with Fryevia

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Grats! Still 7 power T3 and 2 T4 to maxxing Soul Eater on mine. Once its done he'll be a beast finisher.
    I have the t4 and t5 mats but need like forty t1 lol

alcryst is the true cockblock! he should be ready soon tho

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Finished my Fryevia needle. Starting my first L&A. I think I'll do 3 L&A and 2 Vanille tmr to start with for my mage dreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Talk about tedious fights. Clearing the Espers trial for that trust moogle I missed and Ifrit glitches and the first turn buff doesn't go away at all making my Tidus friend unit useless but making this fight way longer than need be.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think I have 3 or 4 unclaimed trust moogles sitting in those challenges. Too tedious, and I just don't care.

Daily garbage (I guess everything other than a 5* is garbage at this point?) was another WoL. I couldn't get him to save my life way back when... but now that makes number 8 or 10 or something. Meh.