Closed Thread
Page 3 of 422 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    A player from reddit posted his thoughts on the game, and based on it, the game just sounds like a worse Brave Frontier.:
    Probably staying away from this then, because it seems to have taken the worst parts of Brave Frontier and Granblue, both of which I liked. The problem is that FF is a big brand, and if the character you like isn't good, and you end up not using it, then you're going to have a bad taste about the game. If they had kept the FFRK system, and overlayed it on Brave Frontier gameplay, then I think it would do better, but time will tell.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I dunno, I like it so far.

Question, which are the best characters? I got some strange black mage named "Tron" who at 2* seem to be leap and bounds better than Vivi at 3* skill-wise (but not stat wise). At lvl 19 he has access to Thundara and Blizzara which absolutely rapes most things, but I'm not sure if he's worth investing in him. Edit: Ok, Vivi blows him out of the water once he gets 30 and access to -ra spells. Tron can only get up to 2*.

Also, I need to find myself a healer. Unless I can find a healer among the friend list, I get absolutely raped by bosses...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Well, according to customer support the game is only officially relased in Sweden.

Which makes me go - wtf? Why Sweden? Not that I mind, being Swedish and all, but why Sweden?
    Probably a soft launch. Some game companies will launch games in smaller jurisdictions first to gauge interest and test bugs before doing a full launch in their primary market.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Support has been telling everyone that the game is only officially launched in Sweden, which explains the Kroner thing, why it's available in Swedish store and nowhere else, and the leak. So I guess it is "officially" out already, but just in one country.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I dunno, I like it so far.

Question, which are the best characters? I got some strange black mage named "Tron" who at 2* seem to be leap and bounds better than Vivi at 3* skill-wise (but not stat wise). At lvl 19 he has access to Thundara and Blizzara which absolutely rapes most things, but I'm not sure if he's worth investing in him. Edit: Ok, Vivi blows him out of the water once he gets 30 and access to -ra spells. Tron can only get up to 2*.

Also, I need to find myself a healer. Unless I can find a healer among the friend list, I get absolutely raped by bosses...
    This link is a ranking of characters that is somewhat up to date with JP version. From what I have read on Reddit, Vaan and Exdeath are the best characters available in Global. Vaan allows for access to Full Break, which seems to be the only necessary ability in FFBE. Exdeath because of his LB, spells and Osmose. I also read Terra, Firion and Rozeria are quite good. Rozeria the best endgame healer but numerous people said she isn't really necessary because you get Fina from the story and she is a healer.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They seems to have issue with that site

At first it always told me the certifcate cannot be validated

And now the site just pop a username/password prompt

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Has been confirmed that there will be no data wipes, but it is advised to link a Facebook account to save data

Got my pre-reg through before site crashed. Don't have a facebook anymore so gonna have to make a dummy facebook account for this when it gets global release.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After the announcement that there would be no data wipes I decided to go full ham on it. THe further I've gotten, the more systems and intricacies have been unlocking and showing up and the more I've been loving the game. It takes what FFRK does (feeding entirely off of nostalgia) and enhances it by adding a far more fleshed out and interesting... well, game around it. Theres an actual story to it (albeit a cliche one so far), a myriad of interesting and original characters and locales, and the classic FF characters, terminology, abilities, items, etc. are all implemented in a way that makes sense (not saying FFRK's way didn't, but in an original world it's a lot more difficult to play the angle of "THEY HEROES OF AGES PAST" etc).

The gacha seems loaded and the trust system sucks dicks, yeah, but those are both things I'm willing to look around as long as possible because the gameplay and the game itself are far too high quality and interesting to allow something like the petty microtransaction system that I had no plans of feeding into anyway bring it all down for me. There's plenty of 3 and 4* characters that I've gotten that I'm still happy with (Fran, Rydia, etc.) even if they aren't "top tier".

Good game and worth it for any fans of RPGs to check out, not just FF fans. This doesn't prey on your nostaliga as much as RK does to stay afloat; it's something anyone who wants a decent new RPG will appreciate.

disclaimer; im not saying ffrk is bad or all around worse than exvius, more like they both offer different things and they're both great games. the people arguing largely for 1 over the other for x or y are probably just hardcore fanboys of one of the other since, for the most part, i've seen people saying the same shit about FFRK on the Exvius side as I see people on the FFRK side say about Exvius; "the gacha is shit, holy trinity requires you to whale, can't beat the hardest fights without whaling(proven incorrect for both games by now), etc.. All just a pissing contest that shouldn't be swaying anyone's opinion on whether they should try this thing out or not.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I agree, FFBE is a nice change of pace to what FFRK offers. I have been putting a decent amount of time into FFBE since the soft launch and enjoy having the RPG elements like a story, exploration and towns, items (potions, phoenix downs, etc) and espers. Being able to choose which type of daily I want to do is really nice too.

My friend ID is 562,384,741 if anyone wants to add me. I have 4* Rydia and Shantotto currently.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've only got Vivi, Krile and Kain :/

I'm thinking I'll save though, I have enough for 7 more draws right now, but I figured once the game officially launches it'll start having events with increased chance as new units, and since there's not really any content to play with right now, I won't need the "good" characters for a while. The only thing I'm doing right now is farm anyway since all current content is complete. 4 more heavenly ash my entire group will be 4* including the starting characters.

Besides, like FFRK, 5000 is an 11 draw. I don't see a point doing 7 separate draws at this time when I can save a bit more and get 11.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Krile isn't bad since she has Cura, Medica LB and gets 5* eventually. I did like 10 rerolls and kept getting shit units so just stuck with what I had since it takes like 10-15 minutes each time. Apparently your units don't really matter until the third island. I've been saving my Lapis for rate up also, currently at 3920.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Played around with this today on my phone. Exact carbon copy of BFRONTIER for the most part. Nice game for ff fans, I skipped all the story, did 2 pulls got krile and maria.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So finally got around to playing with this in depth and am really liking it, for those who are newbies like me, make sure to do the vortex dungeons, they're essentially the daily dungeons if you ever played FFRK, except you get to choose which one you can open per day for free, I decided to open the exp vortex and holy crap, it literally rains exp down on you, even if you do intermediate, went from lvl 7ish characters to level 13-15 with just 1 intermediate.....

Also only character I got with lapis is 3 star Shadow, i'll edit this with FC later on.

Edit: Also got Shantotto from another draw, very happy! FFXI is (obviously on this forum....) my first and favorite MMO. FC is 684,733,257

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just gave up on BF... don't think I can invest the time in another one.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is that game up on app store? I kinda been wanting to f2p it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Is that game up on app store? I kinda been wanting to f2p it.
    No, it's only "officially" out in.... Sweden i think? In order to play it, have to download the .apk that people have ripped from it, i'll edit the link in a sec.

edit: link for .apk, what I did to get it on my android tablet was download it from browser on it and then install it directly.

https://apkpure.com/final-fantasy-br...gleplay.FFBEWW

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Find it funny that they're doing official promotional things when it's only "officially" released in one country, it's like they know we all already downloaded the game

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 422 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast