BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    I'm currently working on Olive, Noctis, Zidane, Ludmille, and Kefka's TMRs. Would it be worthwhile to waste my Trust Moogles on a 3 star?
    The link Alvinho gave it what I was going to suggest.

Unit rarity doesn't always equate to better trust. Both Dual Wield and Dualcast can be absolute game changers and both attached to a 3* unit. Now there are better accessories with these ability from 5* but only the two.

Use the lost Alv gave and base it off what you're likely to use.

I love my Ring Of the Lucii but it's not terribly great for much outside an evasion piece even though I personally find Alterna makes any Mage a superb finisher... I mean unless they give it back the 30%Atk/Mag

Either way, Dual Wield/cast are high priorities.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, killed new boss guy in one turn...

...debating whether or not I should go back and exchange 15 NRG for 10k orbs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd argue that Dualcast isn't that big of a deal. Almost every single new good mage either has a stack mechanic ability, dualcast built in or both. Can't get enough DWs though!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'd argue that Dualcast isn't that big of a deal. Almost every single new good mage either has a stack mechanic ability, dualcast built in or both. Can't get enough DWs though!
    tell that to my poor Refia.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm thinking I might still do a Dualcast. main reason being, Refia is immune to most ailments that prevent casting, and Y'shtola isn't (also I don't have Tilith). Refia + Dualcast is going to be your go-to for most status-heavy battles if you don't have a Ribbon. I guess you could stack confuse/petrify/paralyze/silence-prevention materia/gear but blech to that.

Haven't decided for sure though. That is still a very niche use for an entire 100% set of TM moogles...

in unrelated news, just realized I somehow have Orichalcum but not Gigant Axe I must have done that event back when I was first starting. hopefully we get a better axe soon, because Golden Axe is the best I have until I do the keys :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Technically we do have a better axe in Mercedes TMR (Viking Axe) but the issue is that it's water elemental. If you have a Tidus built for LB then you're good to go but our current best source of water imperil is Mercedes herself I believe (and only if fully enhanced) and she's another finisher.

Edit: I also believe Camille's 6* is the only other upcoming source of water imperil and she was only recently released in JP

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Tim has every element imperil for 40%.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    The link Alvinho gave it what I was going to suggest.

Unit rarity doesn't always equate to better trust. Both Dual Wield and Dualcast can be absolute game changers and both attached to a 3* unit. Now there are better accessories with these ability from 5* but only the two.

Use the lost Alv gave and base it off what you're likely to use.

I love my Ring Of the Lucii but it's not terribly great for much outside an evasion piece even though I personally find Alterna makes any Mage a superb finisher... I mean unless they give it back the 30%Atk/Mag

Either way, Dual Wield/cast are high priorities.
    I didn't mean it in a sense that the rarity of the units TM is better but more in a sense that I'm much more likely to pull another Zidane and fuse it to get DW faster than I would get another noctis/olive

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    I didn't mean it in a sense that the rarity of the units TM is better but more in a sense that I'm much more likely to pull another Zidane and fuse it to get DW faster than I would get another noctis/olive
    Mmmm I see. Zidane is still pretty rare... but I'd still prioritize use over common. I'd say get Dual Wield first and the work on Olive and that'd cover two good DPS for you.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

two S's today, two successes (45% and 37%, burst pot for each)

the streak continues!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Tim has every element imperil for 40%.
    Yeah but 2355 HP

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I beat Seraph and did the 11-turn challenge. Team was Rikku, Cecil with Dualcast (which was mostly unnecessary, think I actually healed with him once), Tilith, Ashe, and Zyrus, with a Fryevia friend.

First turn Zyrus uses his 50% MAG break attack, and just keep that up every 3 turns. Use Provoke so Cecil eats Mute, have status resist things ready for Grand Cross. 3-4 times I used Tilith's MP restore. This set up has so much resistance/healing that I never really got close to death at all. Dragged it out long enough to get 10k orbs I have no real use for. If I could change anything I'd give Cecil Bushido - Freedom instead of Dualcast so he can wipe the darkness buff it gives you on turn one.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

FYI, the Ultima Demons that are summoned in the trial are not susceptible to breaks (at least not defense breaks; I didn't try to break their atk/mag). I wasn't sure; the guides I've seen don't clarify that point and the normal demons in ELT are breakable.

My trial experience:

Spoiler: show

Trance Terra
    Trance Terra
    Y'shtola
    Refia
    WoL
    Noctis

TT mostly just sat there and used Magical Activation or defend. Y'shtola buffed and healed. Refia healed and used Panacea as well as Manufacted Nethicite (LIFESAVER). WoL switched between debuffs and The Light is With Us! Noctis used Cover as well as Point-Warp, and Fish every four turns (this is where I screwed the no items mission; he can't Point-Warp unless he already has MP - oops. Oh well, the reward is piddling anyway).

This setup was fairly balanced; I felt like I had just enough of defense/healing and maybe a bit more firepower than I needed. Ultima's 4mm HP is misleading; her defenses are pathetic and she went down fast. I recommend ignoring the "no items" mission and just using a provoke tank for Mute; it's not a big deal and if you REALLY care about Wind Resist+15% you can just come back and get it later. The end was a little clutch; I assumed Magical Activation + Chaos Wave would slaughter the demons and it left one of them with a sliver of HP but Noctis was able to take care of that.

Overall a fun battle. I like that you aren't able to just bum rush this and get all the rewards, and I felt good making it to the end without a single death.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The adds can be magic broken.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Good to know, thanks!

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After talking with a few people about F.Veritas and his (potential) absurd damage, who is the better finisher between F.Veritas, BiS Olive, and D.Cecil(Enhanced)?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

FV with fixed dice can outdamage even Decil, and requires less babysitting - overall, he's the best. Olive is more solid though - less RNG. Without fixed dice, Decil is the clear winner, but he does require you either use Ashe or babysit him with a healer.

So basically:
    FV with fixed dice
    Decil
    FV without fixed dice (especially as a Tidus finisher with Viking Axe)
    Olive

But keep in mind that Olive is still a fantastic choice and is very easy to gear since she comes with her own BiS weapon. FV requires axes if you don't use fixed dice, which is a bit of a pain, although most of us have at least one Mercedes by now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Olive's a bit of a wild card since we have no clue what she'll get in the future and I don't think anyone has calculated Cloud's TM (DH 100% or Bartz's X2).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My dailies are broken. Meliadoul yesterday, Gaffgarion today.

At least it wasn't a galuf. Got time for revenge done already. Thankfully no stupid esper kill missions and had decent cryst drops as well.