Closed Thread
Page 411 of 422 FirstFirst ... 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Because of the glitch, we should keep him at far higher levels than previous raids and should end with more coins.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah but they'll probably fix it next week.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just started playing this again recently, and what's a good place to farm litrocks? So many units use these to awaken to their next tiers and I feel like they have a lousy drop rate.

Fulan pass might be good since it's early in the game and pretty easy. Everything in this game is a grind so be prepared to redo stages alot. Without knowing how far along you are in the story that might be your best bet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm just past Lanzelt ruins.

Fulan or sirens tower lower floors out to be good. The wiki page is pretty helpful. If you have a steal unit take those along to speed things up. Your next hang ups are probably going to be heaven's ash, sacred crystals and holy crystals.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Woooooot! Expedition summon ticket netted me a second 9S!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is Adam and 9S any good?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    Is Adam and 9S any good?
    9S is an extremely good support unit with 50% imperils, 50% breaks and 30% aoe DMG reduction skill. His TM is also one of the best since it gives anyone it is equipped with skills like a powerful chaining skill and a aoe heal skill over 3 turns, and a stackable 40% phys DMG aoe reduction skill.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    9S is an extremely good support unit with 50% imperils, 50% breaks and 30% aoe DMG reduction skill. His TM is also one of the best since it gives anyone it is equipped with skills like a powerful chaining skill and a aoe heal skill over 3 turns, and a stackable 40% phys DMG aoe reduction skill.
    Another TMR to farm? D:

Yeah it's that good which is why people aren't happy that they added eve to the 4*. And it's the reason people are dumping all their resources trying to get 9s x2.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    Yeah it's that good which is why people aren't happy that they added eve to the 4*. And it's the reason people are dumping all their resources trying to get 9s x2.
    Why do people want a 2nd one? Not sure I understand the reason for it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Having 2 makes it so you can turn any DD units you have into a chaining team. I.e. Throw it on enhanced Luneth and Olive to make them into a chain team to go with another chain capper.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I actually really enjoy Mechanical Heart from 21O (TMR). >.>;

30% chance of an 800 HP heal counter. Combining that with WoL's Light is With Us and his other counter heal, I hardly have to heal him at all against the ELT machine.

I, uh, can't get the 2B glitch to work. Has anyone figured out a secret to it? Typically my first attack does damage and my second attack hits for 1s.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I actually really enjoy Mechanical Heart from 21O (TMR). >.>;

30% chance of an 800 HP heal counter. Combining that with WoL's Light is With Us and his other counter heal, I hardly have to heal him at all against the ELT machine.

I, uh, can't get the 2B glitch to work. Has anyone figured out a secret to it? Typically my first attack does damage and my second attack hits for 1s.
    People have had it work more on older 32 bit system phones and tablets then newer 64 bit systems and emulators. Also too much ATK may have an influence as well. Its random essentially when it comes to working.

Had a few Aigion fights where it did no DMG. Rest it overflowed. Did it on my old android phone that barely runs the game.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is it possible for a friend to solo ELT or Pro? I'm stuck on farming ADV

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yes and no. 100% evade units with paralysis resistance can solo this event. however, depending on the unit (and whether you're willing to manually grind or would rather use auto) it can take a very long time.

my Chizuru is pretty awful, around 350~400 ATK with an evade setup I think? and she takes over an hour on auto. a decked out Noctis, on the other hand, would be a lot faster - especially if you were willing to manually select his more powerful attacks. it would still take a while though.

other than that, I don't think anyone can solo this if you can't even beat PRO, no.

Can possibly 2 turn pro with an olive if you have a good breaker lower it's defense but you'd have to hope it doesn't get paralyzed in between. Elt not a chance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    The main reason are the upcoming 10 man trials. There you can't use two of the same units making chaining much harder. 9S has a chaining skill on his TM so you can easily equip one on two different units and chain easily. It also makes certain old units like Lightning shine again.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not to mention it's really useful for mog king events. Can bring a team of all bonus units with 2 wearing 9S TM and have enough DPS to clear.