Closed Thread
Page 52 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Few new banners in the update.

Spoiler: show

Multiple people who weren't properly kicked from the game during maintenence claimed that the 'Summer Special' bundle was listed for 300 Lapis, providing a very good value. The Mythril Chest of Ability was said to be listed for $24.95 too. Not really worth it unless you just have to have that +10% attack or magic.

Believed to be a minor exploration event that JP had where you could run existing explorations as Vortex runs and fight an extra boss that dropped Screamroots and Star Quartz, as well as a guaranteed metal depending on the area (Copper, Iron, Silver, Mythril). Biggest detractor to this not being that event is that the sillouettes don't match the bosses that JPs had. Could be something unique.

A daily Vortex that drops gil turtles, metal cactuars, and magicites. I don't know exactly how it works, but I've always seen mention that it's pretty lucrative for JPs.

No idea on either of those. Maybe they're removing the Vortex of Trials and replacing it with both of those.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

does anyone know about how far we are from the FFT banner? just curious... that is the banner that will make or break this game for me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Speculation is that WoL, Tellah, and one other next week. I think tactics is a while off, as is Lightning.

I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up that silver locked chest in kolobos marsh... it's got SPR+10% ability in it. On general principal, I'd think any +% ability is nice... but SPR is obviously only useful for a healer (or maybe tank). Thoughts?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Going off of when JP got Kolobos Island and the first FFT banner, it was exactly three months after. Whether it'll be three months for us is anyone's guess. In between those three months were a couple of holiday events that we likely won't get, at least not yet. There was also a collaboration gacha or two that I doubt we'd get. Some of the gacha banners that were released after Kolobos were for units we already have as well. Unit wise, JP had these released after Kolobos:

Spoiler: show
    Spaced per release banner. Bold are the units we haven't gotten.

Leo
    Locke
    Artemios

Celes
    Kefka
    Gilbert

Chizuru
    Hayate
    Rakshasa
    Lenna
    Tellah
    Warrior of Light

Amarant
    Garnet
    Freya
    Lani

BF colab and Imperial Saga colab
    Adel
    Seria
    Tilith
    Karl

Lightning
    Charlotte
    Ludmilla

First FFT Banner

Ramza
    Delita
    Mustadio
    Agrias
    Gaffgarion
    Alma

We're obviously ahead, but whether that'll translate into actually getting the units quicker or not is hard to say. They could easily go out of order or space out the banners that are greater than 3 units, or give us TM banners to spam for a character. They can easily stretch things out if they want. This update didn't have any gacha banners included in it. Considering the current banner ends on 8/5, either they need to update the game again within the next week or they'll be using one of the older TM banners that were mined.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

wow, that's great info. thanks! 3 months is enough time to save up a massive number of rolls. I just want Ramza, Delita, or TG Cid. just one of those three, and I will roll EVERYTHING I have to get one. it's gonna be hard not to pull during the FFIX banner, though...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

TG Cid is going to be about as unattainable as Lightning; I'm not getting my hopes up. I think I burned every shred of luck I had getting my current team (including rolling a 5* chizu), and then I rolled a second 4* one on top of that... Bleh.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's a link to the banners that have been mined previously. The dates are obviously wrong, but it gives you an idea of what may come instead of new units, 24 hour specials, TM spams, etc.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Here's a link to the banners that have been mined previously. The dates are obviously wrong, but it gives you an idea of what may come instead of new units, 24 hour specials, TM spams, etc.
    that 10000 lapis banner looks... uh, interesting. not sure what to make of it lol

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"Zaan". lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    that 10000 lapis banner looks... uh, interesting. not sure what to make of it lol
    We already got a form of that, but minus the guaranteed 3x 5* units, 20% attack instead of 30% attack, and it cost $80 or something, rather than 10k lapis. Doubt it'll be coming back. Cost of lapis wise, it was cheaper, but you got far far less out of it, and buying it with ingame currency obviously got tossed out of the window.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That 5* shantotto looks amazing. That's wtf I want right there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Ran the first 2 explorations on the new island. Got no megacites, and only a couple crappy magicites total. That's with 5 spots each. How does it suck this bad?

Yeah, I've run a couple explorations and it feels more like they just spread the drops out around the 5 nodes instead of occasionally getting a node that drops 5-10 items. Of course, there could be some RNG element to it and we've just both been unlucky.

Think what bugs me more, though, is those 2 initial areas lag me pretty hard. I think the first is because of the rain. The second, I'm not so sure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Good to know. I might check that out. I booted up FFRK last night and although the battles are mindless and laggy, it really does the FF charm so much better than FFBE. If anything, using an emulator for the tedious stuff like leveling weapons/characters and setting up equipment would make the game much more playable.

I really do like FFBE better overall, I just wish it was more of a nostalgia-bomb. :/ FFRK has that aspect, hands down.
    I've been trying for a few weeks now to get into FFBE, but it just cant lock in the FF charm for me.
    The chosen artwork-style for the returning characters makes them TOO different to have a nostalgia effect for me, none of them feel visually familiar and the assigned moves / spells don't even feel familiar.
    The music (other than the main theme) is unrecognizable, and in general doesn't FEEL like FF.
    The areas don't feel at all FF to me.

Overall the game feels like a SNES era Enix title (which is not a bad thing) with FF characters plopped into it for no other reason than sales - which makes me feel dirty playing it.

I'll probably pop into it every now and then to see how it's doing - but this is no Final Fantasy game.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    I'll probably pop into it every now and then to see how it's doing - but this is no Final Fantasy game.
    From the beginning they didn't really hide that this was Brave Frontier with a different skin. And that's largely not a bad thing, BF had been my favorite of the popular gatcha games so far. It also shows a lot of polish from the lessons they learned there. You are right, it's not the most FF of the FF games out there but I'm not sure it needs to be. I'm curious if this has been appealing to the BF crowd or has any wider draw than just FF fans.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (Smartphones)

I play it here and there for just random daily logins and some dailies. But i haven't gotten ifrit (lol), i did pull a 5* hayate. But after putting close to 3 years in BF, and about to hit the 3 year global anniversary, i can't get myself too into it. The time i invested and admittedly some $ invested in gems too, i can't just leave the game. I feel so proud with the accomplishments in BF, and now with the 3rd story arc pretty much making you go back to basics, which is amazing. I'll still play BE because to me, it's fun, but i probably won't put much attention to it until i complete the remaining content in BF, and even then BF has another big update next month, and possibly 3rd story arc in october which will completely change the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thanks, I've never played BF, so never made the connection - that explains so much.
    ...also why it has such a different feel than I was expecting. A lot of FF spin-offs still FEEL like FF games, ie. FF:Tactics - and I think this is why I was expecting something more familiar.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I always wanted to get into BF but just couldn't dig the character design. hence this game is winning me over pretty handily.

but then I go play FFRK and I'm like... yeah... I can use any FF character I want and the music is all FF music and ugh I just don't know man.

so now I'm playing both >_> sorry, Puzzle and Dragons. something's gotta give.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what happens to BE and RK when Moebius gets released next month, lol?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    So what happens to BE and RK when Moebius gets released next month, lol?
    collaborations, when they all compete for your gils, err gold, err monies, err dollars.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast