Closed Thread
Page 53 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is that Gravity Rod from the upcoming event any good? I could use some decent mage rods considering most of my top tier units are mages.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man, I need some better members for my melee team... the only good things it has going for it is Garland and Fina. Rain and Laswell can ultimately suck a dick.... with just Cheer and Full Break(Vaan from Friend List), Garland did over 25k to storyline Ramuh.

I did INT-S Round 3 Kraken boss and took so long to wittle it down with my melee team with Deprotect and only Garland as decent damage. Ended up wiping ay like 10%.. -_-;

Than I said fuck it and brought my mage team in on the 2nd try.... 100% > 30% on the FIRST round of nukes.... yeah he tooled the fuck out of Vivi after that but he was only 30%, so I just went ham with a 2nd round of nukes and win...

I really need to pull like at least 2-3 more top tier melee but at this stage in the game it's probably not worth burning lapis/rare tickets until I have a higher chance on someone.

I wouldn't say my mage team is top tier atm, but it's definitely leagues ahead of my melee team.

I wiped to the Kraken boss with:

Rain/Garland/Laswell/Fina/Krile

And wrekt it 2nd attempt with:

Vivi/Exdeath/Shanttoto/Krile/Sarah

I'm am SO crafting at least 4 Gravity Rods on that new event coming up....

Slowly leving Garland up currently, haven't put too much NRG into it yet since my mage team is mostly solid atm, but thinking about replacing Sarah with him at some point. Even though Magic Song is tits, Sarah being 3* makes her way to squishy to rely on very much. if ANYTHING kind of high tier even LOOKS at her she dies immidiately.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Is that Gravity Rod from the upcoming event any good? I could use some decent mage rods considering most of my top tier units are mages.
    Highest magic in the game atm is Ice Rod with +26. Gravity Rod destroys it with +35, so yeah, definitely worth it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Highest magic in the game atm is Ice Rod with +26. Gravity Rod destroys it with +35, so yeah, definitely worth it.
    Ok cool. I'll take 4-5 lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What? Exdeath can't even use a rod.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Exdeath is a fuccboi Kefka or bust!!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    What? Exdeath can't even use a rod.
    He can. My Exdeath has an Iron Rod.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    the assigned moves / spells don't even feel familiar.
    This is a major highlight of BE IMO. Most of a character's assigned skills make sense or are their actual movesets from the game. Shantotto is a great example. She actually gets all 6 Blm elemental spells (a trait that is unique to her) just like she has in FFXI, even what you could consider Bio I and Bio II in the form of Bio and Biora. But no Bioga (Bio III) cause that's a Rdm merit, duh. If they ever get around to releasing all of the AM and -jas, I fully expect her to get them too if/when they release FFXI events and up her to 6*.

Best of all, her LB is reminiscent of a SC and she actually uses as close to an animation as possible for Retribution, the staff WS. Many other nice touches like Kefka actually getting Heartless Angel and Hyperdrive rather than generic moves, or Terra turning into an Esper during her LB add more to the experience. Many characters that had open ended jobs have that trait carried over with very diverse equipment and magic orientation too.

In your defense though, Sabin can't suplex things and it's a god damn shame.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

No train suplex = worthless trash game

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    He can. My Exdeath has an Iron Rod.
    Oh, you're right. I honestly forgot that he could use rods and staffs and was only restricted heavily by only being able to use heavy armor. I've just been using swords on my Exdeath because it's nice to have a bit of attack for auto spam but still be able to bring the heat for shitty phys resist mobs.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

How are you gearing out your healers?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Main party healer gets the white robe and mystery veil. She also has a cat's bell and charm bangle. Rune staves for all.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thinking about pulling for someone to replace Gobelz- bugging me the most that he can't use mage gear compared to Kefka.

Info on next banner plz :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Current banner ends on the 5th, so should be soon.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably WoL, 6 star tank with full break

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Warrior of Light would be nice... I like him...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I want a tank, just to have one and get him geared/leveled...but they are basically useless right now.
    And 6* won't be here for us for a while.

Wtf at the mat cost of this rod.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, mat cost is pretty fucked for the rod. This event doesn't have enough worth to spam it that much IMO. 9 more magic is great and all, but realistically there's going to be better soon enough with TM and trial rewards that completely destroy it.

Bundles are fucking sickening too. $7 for 5 Heaven's Ash, I guess I can see. $12 for some shit accessories, but maybe the Black Choker would help with Intermediate S5 white dragon, I guess? And $1 for 25 energy, when $1 can buy you 120 Lapis, and 100 Lapis gives you a full energy refill? I dunno how fucked JP was early on, but this is just really retarded. Hopefully it shapes up by time real events start rolling around. This shit is just screaming quick cash grab though. Hopefully those 300 lapis ticket + items/magecite bundles pop up soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah.. the event doesn't even seem to be worth farming. I'm supposed to do 66 runs of Advanced to get a rod? :/ (assuming you get the rest.
    You also need 44 of that new material which requires 15 minutes to craft... in singles!

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast