Closed Thread
Page 2 of 422 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    FFRK is a good game though.
    As much as people may want to deny it, the XIII games did fine honestly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah they did. I was just saying that FFRK is not a good example of a game using the brand to sell because it's actually pretty good compared to other crap we got. Should've quoted better.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm betting FFRK has made them more money than the entire XIII saga, so probably not.
    What? No way.. I highly doubt that. I will probably try this but that review doesn't seem promising.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

They did fine, but successful mobile games rake in disproportionate amounts of cash given how cheap they are to make and the entire whales concept. Given FFRK's massive popularity, I'm still betting it's their most profitable game besides XI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

People that haven't been burned out by Brave Frontier would probably get hooked by FF:BE. FFRK's relic gacha system is definitely the exception, so FF:BE's character gacha will feel right at home to most people.

To be honest, it was the insane power creep that drove me away from Brave Fontier. Character gachas I can deal with. Having my units get outclassed within a month or two, no way. That and the clusterfuck of character sprites after 6* units.

Does anybody know how FF:BE is doing in JP?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

After playing both BF and FFRK, I definitely prefer FFRK's way of doing gacha in making it equipment oriented. Let people get all the characters they love to use and limit the power creep through equipment and SB instead.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The APK was leaked early and can be downloaded here. I just get a black screen when it should load the tutorial, but apparently others have made it into it.

Edit: It just wasn't working in Nox on my PC, the tutorial loads on my phone fine.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's... strange? Guess the game is already good to go despite the pre reg not even starting for like 4 or 5 days yet? Or is it incomplete translation? (obviously servers shouldnt be up yet so the game itself after the tutorial doesn't work yet, right?)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not really sure where the tutorial ends, but I'm at the first town and played for like 45? minutes. So, I can't imagine the tutorial is that long. The translation all seems good to me so far also. My guess is they were running off the Japanese servers to test the game. I was even able to purchase Lapis and the shop is in Dollars but when you go to the Google Store its in Yen. The receipt is also in Yen. It also lets me pick friends to bring into my party and send friend requests.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

...? A bundle that expires before the game comes out?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ya lol. I found that bundle ironic. You also get a "sorry for maintenance" item.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I get the feeling this is some sort of VIP beta that wasn't meant to be leaked (obviously, but...)

For science, I did the $4.40 early bird bundle (interested to see if this will carry over, it's part of the science!), like you said it converts USD to Yen (which is why it's weird prices) and everything goes thru. Hero draws work and everything, nothing seems to be disabled or nonfunctional. Prolly see the official release in a couple weeks. For now I'm not gonna put any more time into it but tbh it doesn't seem too bad, at least at the early stages.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah, it's probably a test bundle or something or likely something planned to be extended when the game is supposed to go live lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I get the feeling this is some sort of VIP beta that wasn't meant to be leaked (obviously, but...)

For science, I did the $4.40 early bird bundle (interested to see if this will carry over, it's part of the science!), like you said it converts USD to Yen (which is why it's weird prices) and everything goes thru. Hero draws work and everything, nothing seems to be disabled or nonfunctional. Prolly see the official release in a couple weeks. For now I'm not gonna put any more time into it but tbh it doesn't seem too bad, at least at the early stages.
    I think a big part of the hate are from those who are BF purist or like RK's way of doing it. Since it wasn't a failure in Japan (from what I can see)..but it's also something that came before RK gained its popularity.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'll definitely give this game a try when it comes out, but I more then likely won't invest too much into it if the draw system is similar to Granblue's system, ended up loving the game then hating how relic draws determine how good of a party setup you can have to clear bosses and events.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are you sure it's not out? In the EU play store I can download it as normal. Don't even need to use pure.

Edit: Hmm, May 16 pre-registration from googling.

I guess the leak comes from the European play store then or something? Or did they simply release it early?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Are you sure it's not out? In the EU play store I can download it as normal. Don't even need to use pure.

Edit: Hmm, May 16 pre-registration from googling.

I guess the leak comes from the European play store then or something? Or did they simply release it early?
    I can't find it in the store by simply searching so it's not out yet. At least officially.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Strange, it's in the Swedish store at least.
    Spoiler: show

Here's the google play link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gleplay.FFBEWW

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll check again on my phone but there's nothing on the Italian store so far.

Edit: Link doesn't work for me. Says it's not available.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, according to customer support the game is only officially relased in Sweden.

Which makes me go - wtf? Why Sweden? Not that I mind, being Swedish and all, but why Sweden?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Well, according to customer support the game is only officially relased in Sweden.

Which makes me go - wtf? Why Sweden? Not that I mind, being Swedish and all, but why Sweden?
    Maybe Alim is a fan of Death Metal.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 422 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast