FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow, thanks for that info.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffpictlogica/

So I found the game, and was able to install it on Android via QooApp. It's actually like Record Keeper (most of the systems were stolen from Jupiter by DeNa). I'm having a better time of it than Record Keeper. Both games in Japan have a discounted draw every so often. Pictlogica uses the same currency for real money and for rewards, Gems, unlike the Mythril/Gems system used in Record Keeper.

It's a puzzle-based RPG, rather than an ATB one. You still have the stamina system.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

its quite fun but the 4x4 picross gets boring pretty fast.

i do like the giant boards tho

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It's kinda cool but not being able to read or understand anything outside of clearing boards makes it a bit... Eh.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shall I start a thread for it like we have for Record Keeper? The 5x5 picross boards are fine, since you have to solve them quickly without error for all 5 members to attack, and to fill your limit gauge. Maybe enough attention on a forum like this could push them to localize.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

you could try. the likelihood is rather low considering pictlogica had been out an entire year before FFRK was released.. but it would make sense. the point of Pict alongside RK was tocapture different audiences in the mobile market who can pick between puzzle and strategy.

the one thing i like about PFF that RK still lacks is representation from FFXI and XIV.. and quite a substantial amount of it

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This game has the retarded eat characters for exp shit going on, so I'm done.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yeah characters aren't worth that much cos you can get so many of them.. and duplicates as well

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I hate that kind of design, main reason why I think brave Frontier I'd a shit game.

I like collecting everything, and maxing everything, and this kind of design goes against that.

Not like I needed another damn phone fame to play anyway.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My wife got into the game on her Android phone, with a little coaching from me on how things work, and she doesn't read any Japanese yet.

If you don't want to feed character plates to others for EXP, you can always save chocobo plates for that, or just level characters normally. Characters are pulled like FFRK Relics, and come with basic weapons, so you can feed duplicates into the characters or weapons you want to increase them. I like the equipment having upgrade paths, with multiple choices at each branch, so it's kind of like Trial of the Magians, where you can work on building towards a certain end product, but have intermediate steps be useful. Just look at the generic jobs as being ingredients and equipment. I've got enough title characters after 2 weeks to more than fill a party.

You can still collect every job and max it out at tier III, but if you get unlucky with draws of advanced jobs, you can evolve your regular jobs into advanced ones. Also, a max-tier job is needed to teach a title character one of their three battle skills.

There's 200 characters right now, if you cound both genders of each job.

Still, it's fine if it's not for you. I just like the design better then FFRK, because it feels more fair about resources.