Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From the developers of the Tomb Raider reboot? I think that's a stretch. But who knows.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Guardians of the Galaxy: Square Enix Game Reportedly in the Works

With Marvel flourishing on the big and small screen with Marvel Cinematic Universe projects, many gamers had started to wonder when Marvel will step up its efforts in the realm of video games as well. In recent years, games like LEGO Marvel’s Avengers have been used to hold over console owners, while Marvel: Future Fight and Marvel: Contest of Champions have been in place for mobile gamers. Still, there is a need for bigger and deeper experiences on the video game level from Marvel fans, and it looks like the company is finally getting there.

This year, Telltale Games will release a Guardians of the Galaxy based game, even as Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite hits shelves sometime in 2017. Marvel has also announced a new Spider-Man game for the PS4, but more recently revealed a multi-year, multi-game agreement with Square Enix to produce Marvel-related content. The first game will be The Avengers Project, and even with details remaining scarce on their first collaboration, they two companies may already be working on their second project.

EuroGamer used the Marvel/Square Enix deal to look into the future of the Deus Ex franchise and found that it appears to be on hold, thanks to Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics working together on a second Marvel game said to focus on the Guardians of the Galaxy. Both studios are under the Square Enix umbrella, with EuroGamer reporting that the Guardians-based game will be led by Eidos Montreal. No official word regarding the state of this project has yet surfaced, and the same goes for a possible release date.

With the Square Enix/Marvel deal just recently being announced, the fact that they are already developing their second game shows that Marvel is committed to producing at least one new game a year. The Avengers Project will likely come first, but don’t expect any of these games to be involved with MCU continuity. They can and will however, adapt characters, storylines, and more that audiences will be familiar with.

Should this report prove to be true, it only further shows the level of popularity that Guardians brand is currently at. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 should only elevate that popularity even more, which is why it is not completely surprising that Marvel is developing two games based around these characters. Once more details come out about this project, it will be interesting to see if they keep character likenesses close to the films and visit familiar locations. With neither of the Square Enix/Marvel games expected to arrive in the next year, fans could have to wait until 2019 or beyond to play Square Enix’s Guardians game.
    http://screenrant.com/guardians-gala...e-square-enix/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/sta...00531966136320

Final Fantasy ‏@FinalFantasy 7m7 minutes ago
    #Final Fantasy community! We strive to develop games that move YOU! Please support us by taking a quick survey. Thx! http://bit.ly/2017ff

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, a few days ago, I thought I saw someone mention something about some kind of Final Fantasy mega pack? Or something like that? Final Fantasy 1-9 on PS4? Is this real? And if so, is there a scheduled release date?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think that was just a rumor? Not sure it has been officially announced/confirmed yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    So, a few days ago, I thought I saw someone mention something about some kind of Final Fantasy mega pack? Or something like that? Final Fantasy 1-9 on PS4? Is this real? And if so, is there a scheduled release date?
    It was a "leak" but they haven't announced this yet, if ever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, it was rumored to be among the announcements that SE just had, but nothing came to pass.

I wouldn't doubt its on their minds, but something that has a very quick turnaround like that is probably more of a 'release during a dry quarter' than something they plan for a year+ in advance. FFXII and FFXV DLC should carry them pretty well through mid-year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Crystal Dynamics gets a new studio
    Spoiler: show

2016 was the Year of Tomb Raider. Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix celebrated 20 Years of an Icon with a series of announcements, events, and releases, culminating with last October’s award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration.

Crystal Dynamics now looks to 2017 as a fresh adventure, with a Tomb Raider movie currently in production, the recent reveal of The Avengers project, and our move into a new and improved studio just last week.

Check out the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration milestones from 2016, also known as the Year of Tomb Raider here.

“After months of planning, building, and some very late nights for the construction crew, we’ve just moved into our glorious new state-of-the-art studio!” revealed Scot Amos, co-studio head of Crystal Dynamics. “We have some great new amenities, from hydraulic desks for everyone to adjust as they like, to black-out shades and light absorption paint for those darkness-loving developers.”

In addition to fine-tuning the environment to ensure everyone is working at their best, the new studio has added more offices and team conference rooms, as well as a dedicated “dailies” review room outfitted with the latest and greatest gear.

“We’ve expanded to six fully equipped sound proof audio rooms too,” continued Amos. “With the growth of our team, we’ve also increased our studio meeting area and naturally outfitted it with tons of next-gen 4K screens, as well as dedicated console and PC gaming stations next to the huge new kitchen. Lastly, we’ve added two specialty rooms for optimal development efficiency: a photogrammetry capture space and our very own, on-site, fully equipped Motion Capture stage!"

“The new studio will help Crystal Dynamics take our work to the next level,” agreed co-studio head Ron Rosenberg. “Crystal Dynamics’ new studio is nearly double the size in order to make room for all the new positions we’re hiring over the next year.”
    http://crystaldynamics.tumblr.com/po...orward-to-2017
    https://crystald.com/careers

SE opens another RPG studio - Istolia

Spoiler: show
    The name Istolia originates from the Greek word, ”story” and is central to the studio’s primary value. The aim of the studio is to provide unforgettable stories that will inspire players in their own lives, and bring new game experiences to everyone around the world.
    http://www.studioistolia.com/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here, have a studio, and you have a studio, everyone have a studio!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ehh, this kind of gives me pause.

Shouldn't they at least see if Tokyo RPG Factory is stable first, as in more than just a (pretty good) "indie" type title in 'I am Setsuna'?

This has me worried they're starting to act like Spirits Within Square again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SE was considering Killing the FF mainline series if XV didn't sell well, It sold over 6 Million copies, So it lives on
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/...d-used-danger/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not a real surprise. Glad to hear 15 was a "success". Hoping they learn from mistakes and attempt something true to FF. ie. turn based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

True FF would be medieval where you have identifiable classes/jobs that can either be changed per character or set and defined by the character. Sad that X and X-2 was the last time we had something to represent classes/jobs.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not this true FF shit again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Not a real surprise. Glad to hear 15 was a "success". Hoping they learn from mistakes and attempt something true to FF. ie. turn based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I'm all for ATB or turn-based, I don't believe that's what really makes FF games. I'm okay with ATB/Turn based, but what I just hope they do is develop stories better. Doesn't matter if it's medieval, steampunk, sci-fi, or whatever you'd like to call it. Storytelling similar to IX and I'd be as happy as a pig rolling in shit.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

TBH even with XV's different take on things, it still felt FF to me because of the world.. that is until it turned into a worse version of XIII in late game and completely changed my opinion.

The ending was okay, I was fine with it, but MAN.. getting through that actually turned into a chore to me, which I hate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly I'm not gonna believe any of that "doomsday" talk. You're telling me that Square was ready to throw their most profitable series into the trash if it sold less than that? Even 5m?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Honestly I'm not gonna believe any of that "doomsday" talk. You're telling me that Square was ready to throw their most profitable series into the trash if it sold less than that? Even 5m?
    They're will to drop anything that doesn't sell up to their ridiculous sales expectations. Most recently they put the Deus Ex series on indefinite hold.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They even complained about Tomb Raider sales didn't they, even though it did good?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag