+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Square Enix General News     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

SE and Universal Studios Japan have teamed up to make Final Fantasy the ride at Universal Studios Japan.

Final Fantasy the ride is a VR roller coaster, where you board an airship, and Moogle will take you on travels throughout the FF universe.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I want it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I want it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Hopefully rest of us will get it, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Gotta admit that the hair was done beautifully in that CGI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/square-e...-hajime-tabata

Hajima Tabata is now in charge of his own studio: Luminous Productions.

I can't tell if this is good from a development standpoint, or just increasing SE's bloat. Maybe actual work will be done on Type-Next now.

Edit: I can't read.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    https://gematsu.com/2018/03/square-e...-hajime-tabata

Hajima Tabata is now in charge of his own studio: Luminous Studios.

I can't tell if this is good from a development standpoint, or just increasing SE's bloat. Maybe actual work will be done on Type-Next now.
    Square Enix Holdings today announced a newly established development studio, Luminous Productions, based in Tokyo, Japan.

Luminous Productions was established with the purpose of developing new AAA titles and bringing innovative games and other entertainment content to a global audience.

Staffed with members of the creative team behind "Final Fantasy XV", Luminous Productions further builds on Square Enix Group’s vision to create new intellectual properties alongside our existing studios.

More information regarding Luminous Productions’s new projects will be revealed at a later date.
    http://www.luminous-productions.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Luminous Productions First Project: “The Birth of Humanity” - 4k CGI TV Documentary Series
    https://www.dualshockers.com/hajime-...first-project/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Luminous Productions First Project: “The Birth of Humanity” - 4k CGI TV Documentary Series
    https://www.dualshockers.com/hajime-...first-project/

I'm not mad. I'm disappointed.

Spoiler: show
    Fuck it, yes I'm mad.

This is exactly as I hoped this would not go. But nooooooooo, digital gorillas have to be on par with grass and water now or else how the fuck can we make spikey haired mute youths hit things with swords properly?

Let's just ignore all of the goddamn lessons over Spirits Within, about how it creatively bankrupted the company and nearly sent it into financial bankruptcy.
    Let's just ignore that at some point things don't need to be prettier.
    Let's ignore the fact that it sometimes takes SE 2 or 3 in-house developed proprietary engines before they settle on a 4th one to make things prettier with.

Let's consider that over the last 15 years:
    One project lead to your most talented director/producer going insane.
    One project needed to be kept on life support for 3 installments because development was so bloated and expensive.
    One project lasted TEN FUCKING YEARS in development hell before it even entered normal development for what became the final product...
    ...That same project was potentially a shell of its proposed form due to the revamp process...
    ...That original projects director, your second best director/producer, was split between 4 or 5 different things at the time and finally had to be reassigned.
    That same person is now mired in development hell with a game that is nearing 6 years of development with 12+ years since its last main installment.

I'll even excuse what is inevitably going to be the FF7 fiasco, because that just seems to be going so swimmingly right now.

Nuke the goddamn company and start over. It would take SE 10 years to develop an app to send push notifications to your phone telling you that their game is delayed, but HEY GAIZ WE GOT ULTRA HIGH RES GORILLAS FOR YOU TO LOOK AT!

What is so goddamn hard about announcing a game ~1 year out with a 2 year development cycle? Literally every other company who makes even 1 JRPG can seem to do this with less staff and less money. Hell, at this point Konami is a better run company than SE because at least they're putting their priorities on what they want to do and letting people know about it - fan approval be damned.

But no. Let's split our resources into two smaller JRPG companies that charge above normal retail for what amounts to an indie title while having endless development of FFXV material that should have been in at launch - but couldn't be because they already had to delay the game twice even after its rebranding because they can't get their goddamn shit together.

Oh yeah...and DQXI for Switch is delayed. Because gorilla reasons.

Guess what Luminous? Planet Earth 2. There...you're done. Now go make some fucking games.

AND STILL NO TYPE-NEXT! JFC.

Rant over. That felt good.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I bet those gorillas are going to look really sweet.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

[IMG]

I'm not mad. I'm disappointed.

Fuck it, yes I'm mad.

This is exactly as I hope this would not go. But nooooooooo, digital gorillas have to be on par with grass and water now or else how the fuck can we make spikey haired mute youths hit things with swords properly?

Let's just ignore all of the goddamn lessons over Spirits Within, about how it creatively bankrupted the company and nearly sent it into financial bankruptcy.
    Let's just ignore that at some point things don't need to be prettier.

Let's consider that over the last 15 years:
    One project lead to your most talented director/producer going insane.
    One project needed to be kept on life support for 3 installments because development was so bloated and expensive.
    One project lasted TEN FUCKING YEARS in development hell before it even entered normal development for what became the final product...
    ...That same project was potentially a shell of its proposed form due to the revamp process...
    ...That original projects director, your second best director/producer, was split between 4 or 5 different things at the time and finally had to be reassigned.
    That same person is now mired in development hell with a games that is nearing 6 years of development with 12+ years since its last main installment.

I'll even excuse what is inevitably going to be the FF7 fiasco, because that just seems to be going so swimmingly right now.

Nuke the goddamn company and start over. It would take SE 10 years to develop an app to send push notifications to your phone telling you that their game is delayed, but HEY GAIZ WE GOT ULTRA HIGH RES GORILLAS FOR YOU TO LOOK AT!

What is so goddamn hard about announcing a game ~1 year out with a 2 year development cycle? Literally every other company who makes even 1 JRPG can seem to do this with less staff and less money. Hell, at this point Konami is a better run company than SE because at least they're putting their priorities on what they want to do and letting people know about it - fan approval be damned.

But no. Let's split our resources into two smaller JRPG companies that charge above normal retail for what amounts to an indie title while having endless development of FFXV material that should have been in at launch - but couldn't be because they already had to delay the game twice even after its rebranding because they can't get their goddamn shit together.

Oh yeah...and DQXI for Switch is delayed. Because gorilla reasons.

Guess what Luminous? Planet Earth 2. There...you're done. Now go make some fucking games.

AND STILL NO TYPE-NEXT! JFC.

Rant over. That felt good.
    Yeah, all of this pretty much.

I know Type-0 had problems (even though I still enjoyed it a lot), but I still would have been curious what they would have done with another game.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Square Enix General News

SE just needs to be broken down into several smaller companies at this point. There’s no clear cut vision, there seems to be a lack of overall management, and everything being released feels like a derivative of something else. Spirits Within wasn’t a wake up call. FFXIV V.1 abomination wasn’t a wake up call. FFXV developmental Hell wasn’t a wake up call.

It’s just all so damn bloated.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

SE is teaming up with Bandai Namco’s VR Zone to bring "Dragon Quest VR". It comes out April 27th in Japan.

“It’s honestly like a dream,” series creator Yuji Horii says in the announcement trailer. “I really felt like I was holding a sword and shield and walking through the world — I thought it was incredibly fun.” The trailer doesn’t show off any gameplay footage, but you can see people playing the game on Vive headsets with tracked sword and shield controllers in a free-roaming environment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Next Deus Ex game to be in development After Shadow of the Tomb Raider, The Avengers, & Mystery Title are completed
    https://twitter.com/DeusEx/status/995058173202632704 | https://twitter.com/DeusEx/status/995058234401656832

I'm so fucking lost. Isn't this why SE has an entire CGI studio, Visual Works? Why don't they use their CGI studio instead of turning one of their game development teams into another CGI studio?

Sigh...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

People Can Fly (Bulletstorm: Full Clip/GoW:J) Open Studios in the UK & Poland to Work on an Unannounced AAA SE Shooter
    Since People Can Fly became an independent studio again, our ambition has been to build a team of talented and experienced developers that can develop the best AAA games. We decided in 2017 to open a new studio in Newcastle, the UK, to attract not only local talent, but also to attract the best developers within the UK. We want this team to grow to 20-30 developers within the next 12-18 months.

When CI Games decided to restructure its operations, we immediately decided to open a new studio in Rzeszów to allow those great developers to keep on working together as a team, and to contribute to the game we’re working on. Our intention is to give both new studios, in Newcastle and in Rzeszów, the opportunity to work on features or part of the game independently from the Warsaw team.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/people-...s-aaa-shooter/
    https://www.dualshockers.com/square-...riginal-title/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Ocean Festival 2018
    The event will feature a cast of Star Ocean voice actors for story dramas and musicians for a concert. Stage events, including an on-tour version of the popular Square Enix Presents Japan “Star Ocean Program” live stream, are also planned.
    https://gematsu.com/2018/03/star-oce...018-set-may-20
    http://www.jp.square-enix.com/soa/fes2018/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Next stream from the Festival, starts at 5 AM ET;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SE: No Star Ocean 6 anytime soon unless it can be made without tri-Ace
    https://gematsu.com/2018/05/square-e...-little-longer

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess my bigger question is why spend the time, energy, and money putting together a 'Star Ocean Fest' event when you don't have a main title to promote?

I know Japan does these often, but generally not in promotion of 2 year old games with nothing new to announce. And it wouldn't be SO without Tri-Ace...so no thanks. Unless Platinum, Level 5, or Yoko Taro himself wanted to take the project on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I guess my bigger question is why spend the time, energy, and money putting together a 'Star Ocean Fest' event when you don't have a main title to promote?
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...s-(Android-iOS)

They opened the show with a new montage where Anamnesis is considered a mainline.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag