+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I’ve always been curious about this. Was Vader’s goal to kill himself or have Luke kill him once he succumbs to the dark side? Considering the whole “only 2 siths at a time” rule. I’m also actually pretty sure Vader says something like “stand by his side” in the empire type shit.

The “only 2” rule bit is just a retcon that came later down the road right? Or is it just some old Sith tradition that Palpatine was like “lolno.”
    The Rule of Two was started by Darth Bane, but almost every group of 2 Siths after had a hidden apprentice. It doesn't prevent there from possibly being a 3rd+.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I’ve always been curious about this. Was Vader’s goal to kill himself or have Luke kill him once he succumbs to the dark side? Considering the whole “only 2 siths at a time” rule. I’m also actually pretty sure Vader says something like “stand by his side” in the empire type shit.

The “only 2” rule bit is just a retcon that came later down the road right? Or is it just some old Sith tradition that Palpatine was like “lolno.”
    Per the now 'non-canon' the Rule of Two was kinda tossed aside when Darth Plagueis's master, Darth Tenebrous (Bith Sith Lord) wanted to basically live forever via the chosen one. He took a secret apprentice, Darth Venemis, but Plagueis killed him. Plagueis then pretty much wanted to also do away with the Rule of Two and rule together with Palpatine, but my man Palpatine of course killed him. Palpatine ultimately wanted to also do away with the Rule of Two and rule forever via Spirit Transfer into clones ( or other people ).

Rule of Two was started by Darth Bane after Bane destroyed the Sith Order and remade it ( was foretold Bane was the fabaled Sithari. Sith version of the Chosen One//Palpatine saw himself as The Sithari as well due to him finally bringing the galaxy under the Sith) and instructed one master to hold the power, and another to crave it. Was supposed to ensure that each new generation of Sith would, in theory, be stronger than the previous.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    The Rule of Two was started by Darth Bane, but almost every group of 2 Siths after had a hidden apprentice. It doesn't prevent there from possibly being a 3rd+.
    Correct, it doesn't stop it. Darth Bane started training another apprentice,Darth Cognus, when he thought Zannah was not the one to replace him.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Saw it, loved it. Gonna let all you cranky neckbeards complain all you want.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Funny, the Visual Dictionary released today for TROS and it made the following canon again: Tenebrous, Revan, Andeddu , Desolous, and others. The sith legions on Exogol all follow different, previous Sith Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Funny, the Visual Dictionary released today for TROS and it made the following canon again: Tenebrous, Revan, Andeddu , Desolous, and others. The sith legions on Exogol all follow different, previous Sith Lords.
    Good segway into one of the things that annoys me the most about Star Wars: it relies so heavily on outside material. I read a lot of that Visual Dictionary today and there's some cool shit in there that makes some of the scenes that much more interesting. Backstory of the Knights of Ren... Sorry, you gotta read The Rise of Kylo Ren #1. Snoke? Comics...

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Good segway into one of the things that annoys me the most about Star Wars: it relies so heavily on outside material. I read a lot of that Visual Dictionary today and there's some cool shit in there that makes some of the scenes that much more interesting. Backstory of the Knights of Ren... Sorry, you gotta read The Rise of Kylo Ren #1. Snoke? Comics...
    Now imagine they made two entire movies about a certain plot line, and in the 3rd movie they did away with all that and just made up shit for the finale.

That's what this new trilogy is like.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Now imagine they made two entire movies about a certain plot line, and in the 3rd movie they did away with all that and just made up shit for the finale.

That's what this new trilogy is like.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah, just give me this trilogy made entirely by Rian Johnson please.
    That's retarded.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    That's retarded.
    Its X year, find a better insult.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Its X year, find a better insult.
    Why put in the effort for such a retarded thought?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Idk, to better yourself as a person probably.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Idk, to better yourself as a person probably.
    Let me know when you have a better thought then. New year's resolution?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Let me know when you have a better thought then. New year's resolution?
    Every Star Wars from now on should be made by RJ. Not just the trilogy. Happy?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Every Star Wars from now on should be made by RJ. Not just the trilogy. Happy?
    No, see, I said a better thought. Doubling down on stupid ain't it chief.

Honestly, for someone with an Infinity War sig picture I'd have thought you could tell the difference between good subverting and bad.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No, see, I said a better thought. Doubling down on stupid ain't it chief.
    Says the guy who doubled down on calling people retards because his feefees are hurt over Star Wars.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Says the guy who doubled down on calling people retards because his feefees are hurt over Star Wars.
    Feefees ain't got nothin' to do about this. Or are you saying I can't call someone out for having an awful idea now? Is this your safe space? Need a hug?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Of course they do. You got riled and lashed out because someone disagrees with you. On the internet.

Get over yourself.

what in the fuck is going on right now

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    what in the fuck is going on right now
    IDK man, someone can't get over someone saying their idea is stupid. I mean, multiple people have said it at this point, I don't know why he's so buttfrustrated about it.