+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Did you bros get any neat trailers? I think my showing had a legit 20 minutes of trailers.
    Logan
    Spider-man: Homecoming
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    Sing
    The Baby Boss
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
    Transformers: The Last Knight
    GotG, Spiderman, Transformers, some other random crap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Basically the same as Anoat except didn't get Sing or Pirates but got WW instead.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guardians
    Spider-Man
    Wonder Woman
    Logan
    Transformers
    Dunkirk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

John Williams did not do the score. Some of his classic SW tracks are in the film, but there is an original score done by someone else. His name escapes me at the moment, but it's the same dude that did the score for the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot. And he actually completed the score in about four weeks on a crunch because they had problems with their original choice
    That explains it. I thought the music was bad compared to every other SW film; so much so it detracted from scenes at times, making me wonder if John Williams had lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    That explains it. I thought the music was bad compared to every other SW film; so much so it detracted from scenes at times, making me wonder if John Williams had lost it.
    Michael Giacchino did the score.

Saw it. Loved it. Seeing it again tomorrow.

Spoiler: show
    VADER VADER VADER. Last 5 minutes were pure awesome. Everything before that in the third act, also great. Visceral combat. Very much a "war" film. Dragged a little in the middle, but good God, everthing from Vader's castle onwards is pure win.

Digital Tarkin worked for me. I felt that I was paying way more attention to his face, trying to catch out the CGI. I'll have to see it a few more times and give Disney more of my space-dollars so I can tell if it's as good as I thought. So many lines though. "You may fire hwhen ready." "Gold Leader, standing by." "General Syndulla report to..."

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

I saw this today and I didn't think it was good at all.

It had moments but most of those were based solely on Vader being a badass or Tarkin setting some shit up. If there was 100% more Vader I probably would've enjoyed it more but the characters were bland and felt wasted. They were just soft versions of Episode 7 characters and some other rehashed characters (I liked the HK 47-esque Robot the most)

The best characters in the movie are basically a guy who's been dead for 20 years and a robot who has more personality than everyone else combined, excluding Vader there was very little to look forward to. It's darker and grittier and I guess more realistic but nothing was interesting in the plot and I didn't feel like anything at all was added to the universe. Some of the cooler characters don't really do much and get wasted and the whole thing had that prequel depression about it but failed to make me really care about the characters whose fate I basically knew from the get-go.

The movie was basically pure filler and I struggled to even stay awake. I can deal with a lack of charm or camp if there's something interesting but there really wasn't.

I'm really curious to hear what people specifically liked about this movie because I feel like I missed something that no one else did. Quite a few people I talked with seemed to agree that it wasn't all that, and the people who liked it didn't really get specific (not that they couldn't, just I never got to talk to them long enough) so I'd be curious to see.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Loved the movie. The one small issue I'm seeing is...

I assume we are made to think this feed immediately into Episode 4, with Vader chasing Leias ship. But when all of the ships were rushing to leave Yavin 4, 3PO and R2 were still chilling in the hanger, seemingly to stay behind. So how do they get on board Leias ship for the beginning of Episode 4?

Other than that. Amazing.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I saw this today and I didn't think it was good at all.

It had moments but most of those were based solely on Vader being a badass or Tarkin setting some shit up. If there was 100% more Vader I probably would've enjoyed it more but the characters were bland and felt wasted. They were just soft versions of Episode 7 characters and some other rehashed characters (I liked the HK 47-esque Robot the most)

The best characters in the movie are basically a guy who's been dead for 20 years and a robot who has more personality than everyone else combined, excluding Vader there was very little to look forward to. It's darker and grittier and I guess more realistic but nothing was interesting in the plot and I didn't feel like anything at all was added to the universe. Some of the cooler characters don't really do much and get wasted and the whole thing had that prequel depression about it but failed to make me really care about the characters whose fate I basically knew from the get-go.

The movie was basically pure filler and I struggled to even stay awake. I can deal with a lack of charm or camp if there's something interesting but there really wasn't.

I'm really curious to hear what people specifically liked about this movie because I feel like I missed something that no one else did. Quite a few people I talked with seemed to agree that it wasn't all that, and the people who liked it didn't really get specific (not that they couldn't, just I never got to talk to them long enough) so I'd be curious to see.
    Great story, great music, stunning visuals, great casting.

Watching Episode 4 right now.

About 10 minutes in, R2's just been captured by the Jawas.

Can confirm the entire Blockade Runner scene feels different, and in a good way. So much more dread at Vader. The Captain Antilles's "this is a consular ship" spiel has a different feel to it as well.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Edit: "But I was going into Tosche station to pick up some power converters" line is still exactly as stupid as pre-Rogue One.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I don't know what I expected going in, but coming out of the theater I wasn't as excited about the movie as EP7. That's not saying much, as it's still a good movie, but just sayin. I perhaps hyped myself too much for this.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Previews I had:

Dunkirk
    Guardians
    Logan
    The baby movie

I forget what else, but no spiderman, pirates, transformers etc

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

saw it this afternoon, well worth the admission price. proof to me that you can make a good star wars film without a jedi being the main focus.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Loved it. Great war film wrapped in star wars.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty much...

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Only complaint I had was that Diego Luna and Forrest Whitaker were impossible to understand.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm guessing a lot of Forest Whitaker's scenes were changed around a bit with the reshoot because his stuff might be one of the few nit picks I have about the movie.
    His paranoia about the Rebellion sending Jyn to murder him was dropped in literally one sentence, and the subplot with his mind reading tentacle monster seemed to go absolutely nowhere. Plus his whole "WHAT WILL YOU BECOME?" scene/speech from the trailers seemed to be lost in the theatrical cut.

I'm guessing a lot of Forest Whitaker's scenes were changed around a bit with the reshoot because his stuff might be one of the few nit picks I have about the movie.
    His paranoia about the Rebellion sending Jyn to murder him was dropped in literally one sentence, and the subplot with his mind reading tentacle monster seemed to go absolutely nowhere. Plus his whole "WHAT WILL YOU BECOME?" scene/speech from the trailers seemed to be lost in the theatrical cut.
    You mean how we didn't see if he was telling the truth? Or the fact that he was completely normal 30min later? lol.

edit:
    I know the armor has always been useless but holy fuck, why even fucking wear it? The troopers in this movie I think were the biggest joke of any movie we've seen so far.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Forest Whitaker and his character were terrible.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I loved him as the guy who took care of a young girl and loved her while fighting his rebellion. And it's not like his story wasn't resolved early in the film anyways, so I feel there's no reason to complain about him.