+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Wow this is spot on lol

I liked TFA more than they did overall but I kinda felt like they would react this way to Rogue One.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rich even mentions they are "Star Trek People", so I would imagine there be a bias.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a bias.............................................. ...........................

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Saw this last night. Best Star Wars film in the entire series imo. Definitely my favorite by far.
    ..... what

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Actually the line was:

Spoiler: show

"Now they're going to Scarif? Why does no one tell me anything?"
    Ok that is not as solid, but that still doesn't mean they couldn't have off screen. I mean it makes a lot of sense they would have.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Rich even mentions they are "Star Trek People", so I would imagine there be a bias.
    Probably not though

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

They mention how depressing the characters and tone are, but missed the point of how bad things were at that point in time. Empire's hold at its peak, and rebels at their most desperate.

I agree with Rich that you can only do so much in these Star Wars films. Beating fans over the head with "remember this???" can only go for so long. We need NEW cool things and characters to remember from the films that'll stand the test of time like episodes 4-6 had. That's where the current trilogy comes in.

Knowing the Disney machine, they'll bash us over the head with side stories and merchandise until we just don't care anymore. We all knew it was inevitable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    ..... what
    You read it correctly!

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just saw it, and enjoyed it. Not on the level of ESB, and not quite as good as TFA, but I like it. Especially those last 5-10 minutes. God damn...

Just got back from vacation and finally saw it.

Awesome. Absolutelty awesome; especially that entire last battle... Raddus, you badass

I'm really not feeling the RLM video, a lot of the complaints they harped on about regarding Rogue One also applied to TFA (distracting fan service, mostly bland characters), so I don't understand how they can love one and be meh about the other. Then you have them talking about how it's too dark and tried something tonally incompatible with Star Wars but also paradoxically mocking Star Wars fans for doing the wave over references.

Maybe they were trying to say there was too much mood whiplash when they combined the dark tone plus the references, but I didn't really get that too much myself.

Did you watch their TFA review (or this one)? I did NOT get the impression they loved it. I barely got the impression that they liked it.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Literally the first thing out of Mike's mouth in their TFA review is "I loved it."

Those are their opening statements, but the review itself was more telling. Add that to the Plinkett video and you get a solid impression that they were mild about TFA overall.

I know it's common knowledge at this point:
    I thought it was really awesome seeing the Ghost in multiple shots, even during the Battle of Scarif. You can definitely see it flying by Raddus' ship firing shots at Tie Fighters. Also the intercom calling for Commander Syndulla and Chopper wheeling around when Mon Mothma gets word that Raddus left. Loved Raddus' "fuck it, we're going in" deal

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I know it's common knowledge at this point:
    I thought it was really awesome seeing the Ghost in multiple shots, even during the Battle of Scarif. You can definitely see it flying by Raddus' ship firing shots at Tie Fighters. Also the intercom calling for Commander Syndulla and Chopper wheeling around when Mon Mothma gets word that Raddus left. Loved Raddus' "fuck it, we're going in" deal
    http://screencrush.com/star-wars-reb...-chopper-hera/

So chronologically, we still have about 3 years of the cartoon before events of Rogue One. This makes me very happy.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Related reminder. The Thrawn novel comes out in April.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Related reminder. The Thrawn novel comes out in April.
    I did not know about this and looked it up and I see that Timothy Zahn is writing it. Excite

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure if anyone mentioned it earlier but it has been confirmed that Vader's castle is located on Mustafar despite it being the only planet shown in the movie that was not identified for some reason.

It's also the place that Vader likes to bring his Jedi victims when they manage to find any.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Can you link where it was confirmed? Not that I don't believe you, I just thought they had deliberately not named the planet so they could imply it was Mustafar but then change it later if it turned out to be inconvenient for some reason.