+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

One things for sure, absolutely nothing about TLJ incentivized me to see more Star Wars movies in the theaters lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    You are certainly underestimating how much of a damper TLJ put on the franchise, for the time being. Pretty much every one of my co-workers said they weren't going to see it until its on Blu-ray because "the last one wasn't any good".
    And you are underestimating how much fans care about the Episode movies versus side stories. They will be back for 9. They just don't care that much for all the Anthologies.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    One things for sure, absolutely nothing about TLJ incentivized me to see more Star Wars movies in the theaters lol.
    I bet seeing the suicide light speed scene in IMAX was pretty neat. But that's probably it.

Pretty sad what RT is doing to this movie and TLJ for that matter. I'm in the boat that actually enjoyed both.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    And you are underestimating how much fans care about the Episode movies versus side stories. They will be back for 9. They just don't care that much for all the Anthologies.
    Of course they will be back for 9...lol. The point is they drop a MAJOR dud of a movie and this one released only 5-6 months later. It is easily a contributing reason that Solo isn't going to blow out the box office. I agree that my points #2/3 weigh more though.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Of course they will be back for 9...lol. The point is they drop a MAJOR dud of a movie and this one released only 5-6 months later. It is easily a contributing reason that Solo isn't going to blow out the box office. I agree that my points #2/3 weigh more though.
    Nah, if your point 1 was a factor they wouldn't be back for 9.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

just back from watching, agree with others here that this is a solid movie, and more importantly it felt like star wars.
    Spoiler: show
    maybe just one too many double-crosses at the end, but hardly enough to detract from the movie as a whole.

so far i've enjoyed this and rogue one, but disliked the main entries with rey quite a bit. if i hadn't read some responses here in the last day or so i probably would have missed out altogether, so cheers for that.

GATTACA!

BG Level

And everyone should already know not to bother with RT...
    Eh I use it for a general idea of how objectively good of a film it is on its own merits (critic score) versus what the fanboys/masses think.

But then TLJ had great critic reviews and weak audience reviews and I found myself agreeing with the audience so who knows...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Nah, if your point 1 was a factor they wouldn't be back for 9.
    It’s a factor. People have 2 years to forget how bad 8 was and get hyped for a finale that doesn’t involve Rian Johnson. People that have watched both 7 and 8 will feel vested and watch 9 for a conclusion, even if they didn’t like 7/8.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah it's a combination of TLJ disillusioning some people combined with how little time has gone by since it came out. If this had been this year's winter SW flick people would've been more inclined to forgive them for TLJ (for those that feel TLJ was bad that is).

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dude this movie was excellent. Had a ton of fun with it. Better than rogue one.

Took my Dad to see this tonight. Gotta say that upon my second viewing, I liked it more than Rogue one as well. My dad really enjoyed it, but was confused as to the cameo

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

honestly i was too, anyone wanna explain in spoilers?

i get that khaleesi was working for maul all along, just not familiar with his time line compared to the rest of the movies.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

It’s a factor. People have 2 years to forget how bad 8 was and get hyped for a finale that doesn’t involve Rian Johnson.
    Oh, yeah. Can't wait to see Rey fight Kylo Ren *again*. General Hux too, I guess. I hope Rose survives so we can see her forced romance with Fin blossom. Also whatever else they make Poe do. Woo.....

Back on topic, I'll wait for this to hit Netflix. Kinda glad to hear it's not a total bomb bc I'd love an Obi Wan movie.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rey didn't fight Kylo in 8 though?

Were you not looking forward to Luke fighting Vader *again* in Jedi?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Oh, yeah. Can't wait to see Rey fight Kylo Ren *again*. General Hux too, I guess. I hope Rose survives so we can see her forced romance with Fin blossom. Also whatever else they make Poe do. Woo.....

Back on topic, I'll wait for this to hit Netflix. Kinda glad to hear it's not a total bomb bc I'd love an Obi Wan movie.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Hey man, I’m right there with you. I left TFA with a sense of wonderment and excitement that I haven’t had from a movie theater since I was a kid. I left TLJ more disappointed than I’d ever been leaving a movie theater and not giving a shit about #9. It’s criminal what Rian Johnson did to the franchise, but I’ll still be there opening night to see 9 lol.

I actually think Solo was better than Rogue One too, now that I’ve thought over it. I’m going to see it again.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Rey didn't fight Kylo in 8 though?

Were you not looking forward to Luke fighting Vader *again* in Jedi?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    honestly i was too, anyone wanna explain in spoilers?

i get that khaleesi was working for maul all along, just not familiar with his time line compared to the rest of the movies.
    So what I came away with based on how the spoiler character was designed . This has to take place during rebels animated show. But before it’s end. So definitely before rogue one and after episode 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ah thanks i had no idea
    he survived phantom menace, haven't seen any of rebels

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    ah thanks i had no idea
    he survived phantom menace, haven't seen any of rebels
    he comes back way before rebels, about mid-way through the Clone Wars animated series