+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    Spoiler: show
    he comes back way before rebels, about mid-way through the Clone Wars animated series
    Correct but his character has a big arc in Rebels and is voiced by the same guy which I love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

International Opening Weekend Numbers are Not Great, $148M, NA Expected to add ~$100M
    http://variety.com/2018/film/box-off...le-1202823415/

I'm hoping that word of mouth helps this movie out; its unfortunate that the pile of steaming dinosaur shit is coming out in the next few weeks... I'm sure the international market is going to eat that right up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Watched this and all I could think about was that TLJ rant one guy did about how it was ridiculous the plot revolved around fuel.

Also did Billy Dee Williams voice Lando for that first moment where we hear but don't see him? He sounded perfect in that part, but the rest, while I loved his take on it it never made me think I was listening to the original.

All Glover. There are a few lines throughout the movie where you can't tell the difference between the two,
    specifically:
    when he first introduces the Falcon and when he yells "Han" on Kessel.

Rumor has it though that Billy Dee Williams is getting back in shape for something... Episode 9? He's nearly 82 years old

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'd agree with those saying it's better than Rogue One. This movie didn't feel like a mess.

Would have liked to have seen Han and Chewie bond more.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I enjoyed it. Was a fun film. One plot question, and at the risk of going full macross here:
    Was the implication that Enfys was the daughter of Woody Harrelson/Thandie Newton? Or am I looking too much into the significance of her character being biracial?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I enjoyed it, way better than TLJ at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I enjoyed it. Was a fun film. One plot question, and at the risk of going full macross here:
    Was the implication that Enfys was the daughter of Woody Harrelson/Thandie Newton? Or am I looking too much into the significance of her character being biracial?
    I don't think so:
    I think she just picked up where her mother left off. Didn't she state that her mother was killed in combat and she basically took over the role of the original Enfys Nest? Also, were they a rebel group against Crimson Dawn or the Empire? I figured it was just Crimson Dawn...

Also, I really enjoyed Enfys' introduction. She really was a great character for as little time as she had on screen... sooo much better than Phasma

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just got back from seeing it and essentially going in blind. Haven't read any reviews or heard if people liked it or not but I def liked it. It started off slow and Han's actor eventually grew on me. I was smiling at all the references and little easter eggs they stuffed throughout the film. Felt more Star Wars than TLJ.

I think I also let out an audible holy shit at the reveal at the end.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess if I had to nitpick one thing, the dice thing got WAY overplayed. After they showed them a 2nd time I was internally screaming WE GET IT ALREADY.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

OMG LEIA GOT THE DICE GUYS OMG

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I guess if I had to nitpick one thing, the dice thing got WAY overplayed. After they showed them a 2nd time I was internally screaming WE GET IT ALREADY.
    This is how I feel about most of the references and why I don't enjoy some of these movies as much as others. They almost always feel too on-the-nose for me. "HEY LOOK REMEMBER THIS FROM THE OT?!?!? NOSTALGIAAAAAA!!!"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That half in the bag review

No, I'm with you...with about 40 asterisks.
    idk if that's the best line ever but I definitely laughed at it like it was

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    They've been nailing everyone of these since TFA.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I went in expecting a turd, came out pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the fuck out of this. My only gripe is how old is Han in episode 4? Cause how can this take place before Darth Maul's death but Han still be as young as he is in episode 4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, if Luke is born end of ep 3, and Maul dies after that (this is assuming you were aware of that, and that Maul didn't die in ep 1), then Luke's only about 20 years younger than Han. So ep 4 could easily be Luke is 18 and Han is late-30's.

edit: found an article saying "Solo: A Star Wars Story – 13-10 BBY (estimated)" and ep 3 is 19 years before ep4, if Han is 18 in his movie (whatever he is he's not that far off that) he's 28-31 in New Hope which looks fine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Luke is a small child in the final season of Rebels (I'd guess between 7-10), so I would think that would place Solo at least five years after Ep 3 but not much later than that. I haven't seen anything official yet though.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

How did Maul survive ep1 wtf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk