+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I loved alll of the characters throughout TFA (Finn is whatever). Last Jedi just ruined almost all of them and introduced even worse ones. I don’t need to type 11 paragraphs to get that across. The movie was straight trash.
    Well you certainly aren't being more persuasive than that other guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Zealot has convinced me to vote for him when he runs.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The greater part of why Star Wars is floundering is that these anthology movies don't have a reason to exist and the mainline series is rehashing the original trilogy.

Solo accomplished telling us a story even casual Star Wars fans could have inferred from Han. He's a rogue with a heart of gold. Here, lets watch a nearly two hour movie explaining that. Oh and here's an interesting twist that comes at the 11th hour that manages to rehash yet another character. I mean, cmon. That Solo had such a troubled production to arrive at the most paint-by-numbers movie you could possibly assemble cuts to the soul of what's wrong with Star Wars.

The idea that Boba Fett and Obi Wan movies are apparently "what Star Wars needs" is just baffling and I'm left to believe is the last bastion of fans who want to be kids again rather than see something new put up on screen. Star Wars needs to get off its ass and get hungry again. Tell new stories with completely new players and get people invested again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Zealot has convinced me to vote for him when he runs.
    I'm picturing someone holding up a sign saying "Zealot loved TLJ!" to rally people against him.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The greater part of why Star Wars is floundering is that these anthology movies don't have a reason to exist and the mainline series is rehashing the original trilogy.

Solo accomplished telling us a story even casual Star Wars fans could have inferred from Han. He's a rogue with a heart of gold. Here, lets watch a nearly two hour movie explaining that. Oh and here's an interesting twist that comes at the 11th hour that manages to rehash yet another character. I mean, cmon. That Solo had such a troubled production to arrive at the most paint-by-numbers movie you could possibly assemble cuts to the soul of what's wrong with Star Wars.

The idea that Boba Fett and Obi Wan movies are apparently "what Star Wars needs" is just baffling and I'm left to believe is the last bastion of fans who want to be kids again rather than see something new put up on screen. Star Wars needs to get off its ass and get hungry again. Tell new stories with completely new players and get people invested again.
    Solo and Rogue One bringing to the screen one off stories has been something I've read here and there forever. People wanted to see how the rebels got the plans. People wanted to see this infamous run that Solo bragged about. It's why we got the prequel trilogy, everyone wanted to know how Anakin became dark. Same with Obi Wan and Boba Fett, people want to see their backstory (Boba Fett's popularity to this day confuses me considering he does fuck all in the original trilogy besides have nifty armor).

I do agree that we need fresh stories, but I wonder how reception will be if they aren't somehow connected to Skywalkers or mainline story.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Maybe...maybe the overarching message of Star Wars is that history is doomed to repeat itself...

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i wanna see an obi wan movie, although what the fuck will it be about, i have no idea. but the rest of that shit, ESPECIALLY boba fett, can eat a bag of dicks.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

What is there left to explore with Obi Wan though?

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i dont care. ewan was the only reason i watched those 3 movies.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    i wanna see an obi wan movie, although what the fuck will it be about, i have no idea. but the rest of that shit, ESPECIALLY boba fett, can eat a bag of dicks.
    I didn't watch the animated shows but I read Darth Maul catches up with him while he's chilling on Tatooine or something. They can expand on that enough for a film and it would work. I'm hoping it'll still happen.

I never understood the Boba Fett hype. I guess it's because he looks cool. Buddy of mine said he survived the sarlacc pit in the EU and went on some cool adventures. But yeah, I didn't read that shit so I don't care. He's just a background character to me. You know Disney wanted that cheddar from his fan base, but I'm fine with his movie not being made.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rebels showed that entire thing though, theres nothing left to expand on there. We could get more Maul story through a bob fett movie though, if took place just after Solo.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looking back at Kenobi's story, unless it's about his really early years, way before the clone wars, there's not much new to tell about him. I agree that Star Wars needs new blood in it, or it's going to stay mediocre, at best; Rebels had a bad start, but ended on a good note, and I'd rather see an Ahsoka movie right now, or integrating Rebels into the current story, to tie it into something that was actually interesting and new. Getting Thrawn, on the big screen, would be great too.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So we all still agree that Rose was terrible and should have died?

Good.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    So we all still agree that Rose was terrible and should have died?

Good.
    She's the Disney Channel character I was referring to. Jarring tonal shift when she was introduced.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I'm donating money to an effort that will remake The Last Jedi, only all the characters will be played by human/alien-sized Porgs, and all the Porgs will be miniature versions of the main cast.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rose was awful and Porgs were actually OK

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Remember when Chewbacca ate that Porg’s friend right in front of him, savage AF

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Peter Serafinowicz's Darth Maul was recast in post production.

I recorded this scene and I went to whatever studio, Pinewood Studios, and I was on the set and I spoke to [director] Ron Howard for about half an hour about the character, and like, what he'd become, which was like 29 minutes more than I spoke to George Lucas about the character 20 years ago.

Ray Park was coming in the day after to film the actual physical thing and they had to bring him in a blacked out limousine. It was like an area of the set that was off limits to everybody and it's all secret, secret, secret.

I saw it on Twitter that there were people at the premiere and I thought, 'Huh, I was not invited.' And then I got this email saying, 'We're sorry, but we actually changed the voice actor to [Sam Witwer],' which is, kind of, fair enough. They said it was better for the continuity of the thing, which is a bit disappointing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries