+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Results 421 to 436 of 436
  1. #421
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,507
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I loved alll of the characters throughout TFA (Finn is whatever). Last Jedi just ruined almost all of them and introduced even worse ones. I don’t need to type 11 paragraphs to get that across. The movie was straight trash.
    Well you certainly aren't being more persuasive than that other guy.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  2. #422
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Zealot has convinced me to vote for him when he runs.

  3. #423
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    The greater part of why Star Wars is floundering is that these anthology movies don't have a reason to exist and the mainline series is rehashing the original trilogy.

    Solo accomplished telling us a story even casual Star Wars fans could have inferred from Han. He's a rogue with a heart of gold. Here, lets watch a nearly two hour movie explaining that. Oh and here's an interesting twist that comes at the 11th hour that manages to rehash yet another character. I mean, cmon. That Solo had such a troubled production to arrive at the most paint-by-numbers movie you could possibly assemble cuts to the soul of what's wrong with Star Wars.

    The idea that Boba Fett and Obi Wan movies are apparently "what Star Wars needs" is just baffling and I'm left to believe is the last bastion of fans who want to be kids again rather than see something new put up on screen. Star Wars needs to get off its ass and get hungry again. Tell new stories with completely new players and get people invested again.

  4. #424
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Zealot has convinced me to vote for him when he runs.
    I'm picturing someone holding up a sign saying "Zealot loved TLJ!" to rally people against him.



    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The greater part of why Star Wars is floundering is that these anthology movies don't have a reason to exist and the mainline series is rehashing the original trilogy.

    Solo accomplished telling us a story even casual Star Wars fans could have inferred from Han. He's a rogue with a heart of gold. Here, lets watch a nearly two hour movie explaining that. Oh and here's an interesting twist that comes at the 11th hour that manages to rehash yet another character. I mean, cmon. That Solo had such a troubled production to arrive at the most paint-by-numbers movie you could possibly assemble cuts to the soul of what's wrong with Star Wars.

    The idea that Boba Fett and Obi Wan movies are apparently "what Star Wars needs" is just baffling and I'm left to believe is the last bastion of fans who want to be kids again rather than see something new put up on screen. Star Wars needs to get off its ass and get hungry again. Tell new stories with completely new players and get people invested again.
    Solo and Rogue One bringing to the screen one off stories has been something I've read here and there forever. People wanted to see how the rebels got the plans. People wanted to see this infamous run that Solo bragged about. It's why we got the prequel trilogy, everyone wanted to know how Anakin became dark. Same with Obi Wan and Boba Fett, people want to see their backstory (Boba Fett's popularity to this day confuses me considering he does fuck all in the original trilogy besides have nifty armor).

    I do agree that we need fresh stories, but I wonder how reception will be if they aren't somehow connected to Skywalkers or mainline story.

  5. #425

    Maybe...maybe the overarching message of Star Wars is that history is doomed to repeat itself...

  6. #426
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,113
    BG Level
    9

    i wanna see an obi wan movie, although what the fuck will it be about, i have no idea. but the rest of that shit, ESPECIALLY boba fett, can eat a bag of dicks.

  7. #427
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,623
    BG Level
    10

    What is there left to explore with Obi Wan though?

  8. #428
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,113
    BG Level
    9

    i dont care. ewan was the only reason i watched those 3 movies.

  9. #429
    Certified Man-Child
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,429
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    i wanna see an obi wan movie, although what the fuck will it be about, i have no idea. but the rest of that shit, ESPECIALLY boba fett, can eat a bag of dicks.
    I didn't watch the animated shows but I read Darth Maul catches up with him while he's chilling on Tatooine or something. They can expand on that enough for a film and it would work. I'm hoping it'll still happen.

    I never understood the Boba Fett hype. I guess it's because he looks cool. Buddy of mine said he survived the sarlacc pit in the EU and went on some cool adventures. But yeah, I didn't read that shit so I don't care. He's just a background character to me. You know Disney wanted that cheddar from his fan base, but I'm fine with his movie not being made.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  10. #430
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,434
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Rebels showed that entire thing though, theres nothing left to expand on there. We could get more Maul story through a bob fett movie though, if took place just after Solo.

  11. #431
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,492
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Looking back at Kenobi's story, unless it's about his really early years, way before the clone wars, there's not much new to tell about him. I agree that Star Wars needs new blood in it, or it's going to stay mediocre, at best; Rebels had a bad start, but ended on a good note, and I'd rather see an Ahsoka movie right now, or integrating Rebels into the current story, to tie it into something that was actually interesting and new. Getting Thrawn, on the big screen, would be great too.

  12. #432
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,048
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    So we all still agree that Rose was terrible and should have died?

    Good.

  13. #433
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21,735
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    So we all still agree that Rose was terrible and should have died?

    Good.
    She's the Disney Channel character I was referring to. Jarring tonal shift when she was introduced.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  14. #434
    The Second Coming
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,707
    BG Level
    8

    I'm donating money to an effort that will remake The Last Jedi, only all the characters will be played by human/alien-sized Porgs, and all the Porgs will be miniature versions of the main cast.

  15. #435
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,434
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Rose was awful and Porgs were actually OK

  16. #436

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,636
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Remember when Chewbacca ate that Porg’s friend right in front of him, savage AF

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Star Wars: Side Projects
    By Qalbert in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 382
    Last Post: 2014-06-04, 12:11