BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: December Job Adjustments     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Virtually everything Ophannus posts is demonstrably wrong. Ye olde copypasta is pretty appropriate, if we're going for the "this has happened so many times it should be ignored" theme

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Would applying the 1h weaponskill adjustments to stringing pummel alone go far enough to improve puppetmaster without buffing monk in the same respect? I realize the recent weaponskill buffs had an effect on everything, but I'm not sure if SP was massively improved. I dont see an issue with pup being OP in some respect , compared to other DDs (for the first time in history.) not discounting the mythic increase, but with the recent changes i could see this as a way to balance the jobs more effectively.

Alternatively, buffing the puppet somehow would likely bring up the dps to competitive levels, I'm just curious on others thoughts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No, buffing SP wouldn't do much unless they went absolutely insane with it. We'll have to see if the maneuvers change is the useful change they said they wouldn't do (removing the delay) or just a useless ja0wait thing. If it is fixing maneuvers then making automatons able to deal damage and/or stay alive for more than one TP move would be the obvious next step.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Potentially stupid question, but is the non-JA, JA prediction with precedent? I can't think of anything that behaves that way off the top of my head

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nope. And they clearly said they wouldn't make that change (although it was a few years ago). But randomly making one single JA not have an animation for absolutely no reason seems equally far fetched, so who knows.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

real_nigga isnt funny anymore?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orcai View Post
    Would applying the 1h weaponskill adjustments to stringing pummel alone go far enough to improve puppetmaster without buffing monk in the same respect?
    Applying the 1h change only to a single WS would be way too convoluted imho.
    They could have boosted SP damage tbf, and that wouldn't have affected MNK, but SP is already so strong (it's insane with Mythic) that they were probably afraid of that.
    Either way, it's a shame. PUP could have really used the 1h change =/

Alternatively, buffing the puppet somehow would likely bring up the dps to competitive levels, I'm just curious on others thoughts.
    I think this is what they're trying to do.
    In the future they're raising the elemental caps of frames/heads, and adding new attachments.
    Not sure it will be enough.
    Automaton survivability will ALWAYS be an issue on content that matters, until they finally implement in FFXI a solution such as those you can see in most other MMOs (where pets receive LARGELY reduced damage from AoE moves that do not directly target them)
    Second issue of automatons is buff scaling.
    Master gets more and more and more powerful with every buff he receives (Food, bard songs, cor rolls etc) whereas the Automaton receives nothing out of that (except debuffs that affect the target, like some GEO stuff or DNC steps).
    Again, this has been solved in other MMOs by giving the pet a % of the Master's stats whereas in FFXI we get pet specific buffs that nobody uses because they would do the opposite (hinder the masters' potential)

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Potentially stupid question, but is the non-JA, JA prediction with precedent? I can't think of anything that behaves that way off the top of my head
    Dematerialize and the two perp +/- Geomancer JAs are "non-JA"s in the sense that they have no animation nor do I think they have JA wait.

Campaign
    BG Level

Addendum White and Black have no animation/JAdelay/JAlock? You sure?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Nope. And they clearly said they wouldn't make that change (although it was a few years ago). But randomly making one single JA not have an animation for absolutely no reason seems equally far fetched, so who knows.
    Well, I wouldn't say there's no reason for it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Addendum White and Black have no animation/JAdelay/JAlock? You sure?
    addendum white and blakc have jadelay, but noone mentioned them so I am not sure where you pulling this off.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    addendum white and blakc have jadelay, but noone mentioned them so I am not sure where you pulling this off.
    -__________________-
    I completely misread the previous post as "Dematerialize and addendum white/black".

Ok, you don't need to point it at me, I'll walk slowly towards the dark corner of shame as you folks throw stones at me >.>'''

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Look, to not stir up any drama, first it was 4 years ago. Second it wasn't even my parses, it was someone elses. Also I'm sitting here laughing with Sava because he was there too and said Heseray totally outparsed the RagnaDRKs. It wasn't even meant to be interpreted as that the DRKs suck or any kind of smear but people with sensitive egos will get butthurt. If anything it was supposed to be funny and ironic that a mandau THF's DPS from just autoattacks was that good.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Also missing about ten other details to that story... like if the drks were proccing, buffs, etc. VW is a pretty terrible measure of who's a better DD.
    this sums up the whole thing pretty well. yay let's move on

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Dematerialize and the two perp +/- Geomancer JAs are "non-JA"s in the sense that they have no animation nor do I think they have JA wait.
    All three of those JAs have animations and JA lock out. Not sure where you get the idea that they don't.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    All three of those JAs have animations and JA lock out. Not sure where you get the idea that they don't.
    I got the idea that they don't based on playing geo, and not seeing animation when I do them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Look, to not stir up any drama, first it was 4 years ago. Second it wasn't even my parses, it was someone elses. Also I'm sitting here laughing with Sava because he was there too and said Heseray totally outparsed the RagnaDRKs. It wasn't even meant to be interpreted as that the DRKs suck or any kind of smear but people with sensitive egos will get butthurt. If anything it was supposed to be funny and ironic that a mandau THF's DPS from just autoattacks was that good.
    Provenance Watcher didn't exist 4 years ago. 4 years ago we were all in abyssea.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    I got the idea that they don't based on playing geo, and not seeing animation when I do them.
    Whatever game it was you were playing, you can't assume FFXI works the same way.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Post parse or gtfo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6