+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The last 3 days has seen 12 threads created in the moderator section from reported posts about various exchanges in that thread. Looks like a discussion that required a lot of hand-holding to me.
    Wish you'd give statistics. Like, how many unique reports, how many from same person (remaining anonymous of course).

Am I incorrect in assuming that it's probably 2 or 3 people doing the majority of the reporting?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The last 3 days has seen 12 threads created in the moderator section from reported posts about various exchanges in that thread. Looks like a discussion that required a lot of hand-holding to me.
    No offence, but how many of these reports were "his opinion offends me", and stuff that was akin to the complaining about "her" being removed from the title?

Abusing the report post button is also an infraction last I checked.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh boy i shouldn't have said anything.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Without even asking I am 99% sure that divulging that information would get me in trouble lol.

@Nynja I did attempt to point this out before the thread was iced. Unfortunately people do not listen.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Wish you'd give statistics. Like, how many unique reports, how many from same person (remaining anonymous of course).

Am I incorrect in assuming that it's probably 2 or 3 people doing the majority of the reporting?
    The only person who reported more than one was Bane, who reported 3 because he wanted to get other opinions on whether they were infraction worthy. Posts that are reported multiple times are automatically combined into the same thread. It's not a small and vocal minority doing all the reporting, and considering the number of posts in that thread there is consensus about what is way over the line.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    The thread has brought in a mess of problems at this time. Since we have identified at least one person who has the potential to inflict harm upon themselves if we do not react to this, we are doing them a disservice. Additionally, if someone were to say something or be a part of the reason of anything unfortunate happening, we need to protect them as well. Safety for our members is more of a priority than discussion.
    Seriously though, if that was a significant part of the reasoning for locking it, please know that despite the trolls and transphobia, it was really nice to have a thread to talk about these things.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Lurkers? Active posters?

Forgive my ignorance, but I feel there's plenty enough rules to govern the sub forum, we just don't have enough people who can be bothered to do it for free or whatever bonuses you guys get.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be reincarnated as Bane's toilet then made a moderator of that sub, but fuck if I'd lock a thread that is filled with opinions, discussions of opinions, and occasional trolling.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Seriously though, if that was a significant part of the reasoning for locking it, please know that despite the trolls and transphobia, it was really nice to have a thread to talk about these things.
    Sorry for the double, but c'mon now. Even hey, the one person who would probably find reasons to be offended and report people in the thread is saying she likes it and wishes it was open.

Cmonnnn

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, the reason why it was closed is due to the overwhelming amounts of problems the thread had caused, including that.
    There were far too many small things that had to be addressed and the mods elected that closing it at this time was the solution.

The thread definitely required immense amounts of handholding that our staff just cannot handle. Even if people wanted it to come back, with the way the reports were coming through, we were simply not able to provide the amount of attention the thread needed.

I will do my best to get a real mod here today, not me, obviously!

If this thread were to come back in the near future, I imagine bans/infractions will come flying out for long sentences. This going out to people who are being overly sensitive and need to get away from the thread (meaning they will lose access to posting anywhere on the forums) and to the people trolling.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sorry for the double, but c'mon now. Even hey, the one person who would probably find reasons to be offended and report people in the thread is saying she likes it and wishes it was open.

Cmonnnn
    Erm, I believe i've reported one post ever on bg, a long time ago. I can handle myself, and don't care for heavy moderation. I'm not sure why you think i'm the one person likely to report people.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Unfortunately, the reason why it was closed is due to the overwhelming amounts of problems the thread had caused, including that.
    There were far too many small things that had to be addressed and the mods elected that closing it at this time was the solution.

The thread definitely required immense amounts of handholding that our staff just cannot handle. Even if people wanted it to come back, with the way the reports were coming through, we were simply not able to provide the amount of attention the thread needed.

I will do my best to get a real mod here today, not me, obviously!

If this thread were to come back in the near future, I imagine bans/infractions will come flying out for long sentences. This going out to people who are being overly sensitive and need to get away from the thread (meaning they will lose access to posting anywhere on the forums) and to the people trolling.
    If we're so short staffed on mods that we can't even allow discussions to continue, where can i volunteer to help? That seems like a pretty big problem.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Erm, I believe i've reported one post ever on bg, a long time ago. I can handle myself, and don't care for heavy moderation. I'm not sure why you think i'm the one person likely to report people.
    Not saying you do, but you are by far one of the largest voices in the thread who also takes the time to respond to many types of posts including the obviously inflammatory and troll ones. If any one was tapping that report button I would have figured it was you. My bad!

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Sorry,

I am really unequipped to answer. I am not in the best position to give you guys the answers you want either but I will try.
    I do not think we're currently looking to add to the staff quite yet and even then we have strict requirements on who can be a mod, especially for this section (moreso than others).

My lack of providing a better answer is due to my lack of knowledge on the matter. I am really sorry that I have to leave this discussion before I put my foot in my mouth but I am definitely going to get you guys a proper response from someone above my station (which is pretty much anyone). I did try my best to give you guys correct information and hopefully a better understanding of the situation.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not saying you do, but you are by far one of the largest voices in the thread who also takes the time to respond to many types of posts including the obviously inflammatory and troll ones. If any one was tapping that report button I would have figured it was you. My bad!
    I wont lie, I thought so too. Which really makes me think most of the reporters are just lurkers, or people who dont even participate in any of the topics.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

And if not hey, then me, and the only post I reported was the one that brought my kids into it.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I do not think we're currently looking to add to the staff quite yet and even then we have strict requirements on who can be a mod, especially for this section (moreso than others).
    Why not, if the current mods cannot handle it? Shutting down discussions because no mod is around, and then not wanting more mods seems strange.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Since I think we're on a different page here and maybe I need to change the way I put things...

I am not important enough to make these calls and I am not important enough to have these answers.

I can only relay what I've seen and done or said. Further speaking on behalf of the moderation team is not really something I should do. It's waaaay waaaaayy above me. I'm only supposed to handle Content things now really and just assist others when needed. I felt it was necessary though to give you guys a response rather than have you wait for the team to respond to you and I will raise as much alarm as possible about it.

That is all I can really say on the matter.
    If you have further questions you can pm me, but I am really probably going to answer with "I don't know, I am trying to get you an answer".

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Okay, thanks for that. Maybe someone else higher up can answer.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Make everyone that posts in poopdeck a mod and we might have something special happen.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

*pulls mod mask off for a second*

I would truly like to see what a day of that would be like. I'd make sure all of you had the power to perma ban each other only and see how long it took before someone went all Highlander.

*mask back on*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast