+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm actually confused and want clarification on this as well. Not to be that guy, but there's a lot of leeway for well-liked posters and mods to stretch the interpretation of this, and let those who aren't well liked (so to speak) to get shit baited and trolled a lot.

Sorry, I generally try to stay out of this since you're a cool guy, Brill, but even I have noticed a pretty unfair bias lately.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlite View Post
    I'm actually confused and want clarification on this as well. Not to be that guy, but there's a lot of leeway for well-liked posters and mods to stretch the interpretation of this, and let those who aren't well liked (so to speak) to get shit baited and trolled a lot.

Sorry, I generally try to stay out of this since you're a cool guy, Brill, but even I have noticed a pretty unfair bias lately.
    Myself personally, I don't stand for the retarded hypothetical arguments. I qualify those as shitposts. That being said I typically try to steer clear of this place lest I decide to burn this mother fucker down. My presence is usually only when there is some serious retardation running rampant.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

which is very fucking often

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Myself personally, I don't stand for the retarded hypothetical arguments. I qualify those as shitposts. That being said I typically try to steer clear of this place lest I decide to burn this mother fucker down. My presence is usually only when there is some serious retardation running rampant.
    But thats why I'd like clarification. To say shitposting is absolutely terrible and is grounds for infraction, but then to say "poor hypocritical arguments are a-ok", it doesnt make much sense.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I didn't say they were OK. I said they're not explicitly against the rules.

The line is fuzzy. We're not all experts, I don't want to crack down too hard. But I am not inclined to allow that sort of stuff to go on. You'll notice I have been redirecting threads when they get like that for too long. And taking action when people fail to follow that direction.

The more I do this the better I'll be at nailing down that line.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    But thats why I'd like clarification. To say shitposting is absolutely terrible and is grounds for infraction, but then to say "poor hypocritical arguments are a-ok", it doesnt make much sense.
    Apparently "I don't stand for the retarded hypothetical arguments. I qualify those as shitposts" was in some way unclear. The problem that you will always have in terms of moderation is the difference between mods. Bane being new, is probably going to let a little more slide in comparison to myself or TBR for example. That's not a dig, he just hasn't hit the point yet where he decides to drop the fucking hammer on people. He'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    which is very fucking often
    Seriously. At least recently.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Might as well just close the loophole. Sure, a lot of the stuff is jokes but the mods all think its trolling all the time anyway 'cause a vast majority are humorless fucks who really would need instruction on how to find a joke.
    It'd be one thing if they could actually tell what they looked like but most of 'em need this.

Spoiler: show

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mod sass.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Mod sass.
    I'll show you mod sass.

What's a guy gotta do to get an infraction around here?

Edit: Flawless.

User was infracted for this post.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol Bane's doing not mine, I was watching the hockey game.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So far, you and Bane have been neutral, for the most part. I think if a mod inserts themself in a conversation (not taking an official role but being part of the discussion), they should not be part of the process of handing out infractions, as their comments can (and have) lead to the same shitposting and trolling.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlite View Post
    So far, you and Bane have been neutral, for the most part. I think if a mod inserts themself in a conversation (not taking an official role but being part of the discussion), they should not be part of the process of handing out infractions, as their comments can (and have) lead to the same shitposting and trolling.
    It's been a long standing rule for mods that if you are invested in the topic that you are to take a step back in any cases of disciplinary action. Otherwise you end up with what happened with Isladar going berserk. You can't be impartial and involved at the same time.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I think my only real qualm is when a mod tries (as Cair did in the post I linked, amusingly enough) to use their authority to get the last word in. A blue/green/purple/red/rainbow-coloured name cannot be used as a shield to insulate you from your own stupidity. If you want to dive into the shitshow with the rest of us, leave your night-stick at the door.

Edit: Also I hope Bane wasn't actually cross with me when he gave me that infraction. I feel like the statute of limitations on that post has long since expired.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

No, I am seldom cross with BG. More often utterly confused.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I was doped up when I got home and saw that notification in my inbox and I couldn't really tell from the comment you left whether it was in jest or not, ha. I figured it was but you never know.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Appreciate the quick stomp of shitposting in the otherwise very informative ethics thread.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I dont get why the trans thread was locked

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I thought we were fine until hey came in asking people to leave because her feelings were being hurt. What else is new?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Bane said to chill out, I'm assuming it's just a temporary cooldown period.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I thought we were fine until hey came in asking people to leave because her feelings were being hurt. What else is new?
    No it was not. Says right in the OP to be respectful, in bold even. It was mentioned multiple times by multiple people that the way they were talking was disrespectful, and still continued it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast