+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Look at the top poster in the threads that tend to get locked most (click replies on the thread page to see whos posted how many times in that thread), just fyi
    Since when is post count a measure of how problematic someone is?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I really feel like, at present, no major changes need to be made to his modding style but rather the forum needs to adjust itself to the fact that this place isn't the wild west anymore.
    I agree, no need for any major changes. Some slight tweaking could be useful though.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I also really don't like that Bane is feeling the need to be the "strict adherence to thread topic" police.
    And that's part of the problem. 99% of the threads in this section are fucking ridiculous. If I went through each thread in here I feel confident in saying I could give every poster in here an infraction for one thing or another. Part of the reason why this forum needed a mod is because it is extremely volatile. As a result there are typically some pretty rough things that get said towards other posters. Bane has done a great job as far as I'm concerned. So you all are aware, he's not flying off half cocked. He's regularly interacting with us in the mod forum and bouncing things off us.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I maintain that most of the arguments on this subforum are as unsalvageable and valueless as a turd slushy. Fortunately Bane has excellent credentials for dealing with such things.

Carry on, ol boy! Chin up!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yo, Brilliam, since ya'll can show up on command real quick in threads like this... why don't some more of ya'll show your faces around here more often?
    Don't be scared. Ya'll have all the internet nerd power 'round these parts.

And I won't bite, at least not you.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I understand some people are drumming for immediate action and changes but we're taking this slow.
    We're taking things into consideration.

Of course if you have complaints, recommendations, thoughts, or just appreciative words we do want to hear them.

And lastly, I know some of you are pretty understanding of the position Bane is in but please treat him with the same respect you would want to be treated in this position. He has to live to everyone's expectations and will not make friends for this. So if you disagree with something he's doing you can bring it up with the mods/admins/here but follow his requests in the threads. Bane is moving delicately with the mod team so he's not just randomly warning/locking threads as he feels.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yo, Brilliam, since ya'll can show up on command real quick in threads like this... why don't some more of ya'll show your faces around here more often?
    Don't be scared. Ya'll have all the internet nerd power 'round these parts.

And I won't bite, at least not you.
    Truth? It's because I get really fucking irritated when I read some of the shit in here. And I can't trust myself to be objective enough to be a fair hand in the multiple shit storms that pop up.

Most of the topics in this forum illicit strong reactions from all posters involved. Some of the responses I read I would fucking ban people for because I find them so offensive. If I'm ever asked to mod this forum full time it's going to be a ghost town.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Truth? It's because I get really fucking irritated when I read some of the shit in here. And I can't trust myself to be objective enough to be a fair hand in the multiple shit storms that pop up.
    I guess I just have more faith in you than you do. Oh well, can't be a better reason than that though. Carry on!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

It's a section where twitter ramblings and blatant sensationalist garbage get posted as an absolute truth to counter any honest or open discussion. I applaud the fact Bane hasn't nuked half the casual posters in this subforum.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I guess I just have more faith in you than you do. Oh well, can't be a better reason than that though. Carry on!
    Just using the transgender thread as an example there would be at least two people gone forever from BG if I had to be in there. And it would be just because I found their stances/statements to be horrifically offensive.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

But Sir Brill, what of that yarn of feminism?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Just using the transgender thread as an example there would be at least two people gone forever from BG if I had to be in there. And it would be just because I found their stances/statements to be horrifically offensive.
    Oh no, Brill's a hugboxer? Say it ain't so!
    I will never look at you the same! First, the griddle saga and now this.

Our society is currently in the (very slow) process of redefining what masculinity is... but I'm sure this isn't it! :kappalq:

Anyway, just want to reiterate that I think Bane's doin' well and what the goon squad has come in here and said only makes it sound better with confirmation of what I already pretty much knew (that he was checking first before making moves.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

came to post , banes doing a great job at modding dont see what the complaints are about. as for the ridiculousness that's the feminism thread, i think alot of issues got like this *semi valid point or questions is made* ... *reasonable discussion ensues* then someone enters with a wholly unreasonable irrational counterpoint it gets "debated" until people get sick of unreasonable poster xyz and the shit storm begins. If people could honestly act reasonable on both sides the feminism thread / movement would make alot more sense.

tldr : im guilty of it as well but sometimes you get sick of ridiculous views and belittle / troll the person and while its fun we really shouldnt.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is there a way to make an infraction/ban affect only this subforum? It feels like it would be much easier to give someone timeouts/bans from this section if it didn't mean they wouldn't be able to organize multiplayer co-op on the gaming forums for example

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Is there a way to make an infraction/ban affect only this subforum?
    This is definitely something that has been thought of and talked about already, actually.

Definitely one of the ways I would like to head down towards because I still believe a lot of people are fine outside of the politics section.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel like that's the point of the temp ban system. You are an asshat in one subforum, you lose the privilege of posting in the others as well.

I agree that Bane is doing a great job. I would just like to see the repeat offenders dealt with personally when they are the ones who continually need to "cool off" when a thread is closed.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Don't worry Ace. Over time we will find a way to handle repeat offenders. We just want to see how well people can moderate themselves.
    Fingers crossed that people can just do that and we don't have to prune?

We really want to just see change and improvements. We're trying with the lowest dial here on moderation and slowly turning it up.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I feel like that's the point of the temp ban system. You are an asshat in one subforum, you lose the privilege of posting in the others as well.
    Right, and I'm saying youtube comments section should be exempt from that, due to the nature of the discussions that happen here.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Right, and I'm saying youtube comments section should be exempt from that, due to the nature of the discussions that happen here.
    Nope.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wouldn't that just be a special "be an asshole in this section only" pass? How about people shouldn't be assholes anywhere instead?