Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Avast detecting polboot.exe as a virus.

This just happened. I clicked on the icon and Avast immediately thought it was malicious and moved it to the virus chest. I'm not certain if it thinks the whole game is a virus or just when you open it. Just wanted to warn everybody. I have a new computer and I forgot to put FFXI on the exclusions list. I have had it on this system a couple months though and this is the first time it's done it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Theres a .dll i think that has been gettin picked up by various virus scanners for over a month now. prolly what it is. maybe someone can chime in with more info

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've used Avast for years, and have yet to have this problem, even when the whole .dll issue started for many other virus scanners. Regardless, according to SE at least, they fixed this today.

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    We previously confirmed an issue wherein the game file “FFXI.dll” was being removed by some security software. After working with the security software developers, we are pleased to announce that the issue has been resolved.

In cases where the game file was quarantined, we ask that you please update to the latest version of your security software.

We will continue to ensure that other software programs do not cause this issue.

As a preventative measure, users can add the FINAL FANTASY XI files as exceptions in the security software settings. This will prevent the security software from inadvertently removing or quarantining the game files.

* Please consult your security software for instructions on adding exceptions.