FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I suppose. But considering how fast information spreads in this day and age, I would think someone like Shane, who was in law enforcement would have been briefed on that at some point during the panic. Weird information to keep under your hat, if so.
    That could be possible in relation to the big city areas. Remember though Rick and Shane were police in a small town nowhere near a big metro area that news like that would probably reach quickly. Also the how they turn probably gets lost in the shuffle when considered against the zombie thing to begin with. I see a zombie coming at me I'm not going to stand there wondering if they were bit or if they turned randomly.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    jesus christ, you guys, we're talking about a fucking tv show here.
    Yea but it's hard to root for a filthy junkie. After season 2 finale, brba had me rooting for Jesse because Aaron Paul was a good actor. The guy who played bubbles on the wire was a good actor but I never felt for his character or Chris on sopranos.

I dint care for this episode. I thought it would been way more interesting if the junkie/dealer relationship continued into the apocalypse. There was lots of potential for drama in that situation especially since he was dating junkies sister. But instead black guy dies 1st... GG Kirkman

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I get that they were both black but the sisters boyfriend and the drug dealer were two different guys

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I get that they were both black but the sisters boyfriend and the drug dealer were two different guys
    lol my bad I watched the 1st half yesterday and 2nd today. Still I think it be interesting to see both work together in the apocalypse

how the fuck could you not root for bubbles?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    how the fuck could you not root for bubbles?
    filthy fucking junkie that's why. None of the ones I mentioned had any redeeming qualities to them. Jesse just happened to be the lesser of multiple evils in the series.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

This was playing on the TV next to me while I was doing other shit, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, but the couple random snippets I did pick up just made it feel really hackneyed and poorly written. "Yeah, you're right counselor-lady, the government would totally tell us if they knew something bad was happening that they didn't know any way of preventing or containing."

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    This was playing on the TV next to me while I was doing other shit, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, but the couple random snippets I did pick up just made it feel really hackneyed and poorly written. "Yeah, you're right counselor-lady, the government would totally tell us if they knew something bad was happening that they didn't know any way of preventing or containing."
    How else do you expect a teacher to address her student?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thought the whole thing was shit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I also found it to be very blah. Best rated cable show or pilot ever, I hope it drops way off next week because the first episode was pretty bad. I should note I loved season 1 of TWD and pretty much hate that show now too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    How else do you expect a teacher to address her student?
    I'm talking about the way the student went from "Conspiracy theory don't trust the government we're all doomed" to "Everything is alright, the government will protect us" in the course of like 3 sentences.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm talking about the way the student went from "Conspiracy theory don't trust the government we're all doomed" to "Everything is alright, the government will protect us" in the course of like 3 sentences.
    Hi I'm sarcasm. Have we met?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

^

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Watching some of ya'll white knight the fucking junkie was more entertaining than the whole damn episode. May have to watch one more to root for homeboy to get his jugular eaten.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Watching some of ya'll white knight the fucking junkie was more entertaining than the whole damn episode. May have to watch one more to root for homeboy to get his jugular eaten.
    Teachable moment for all parents "Children if you get hooked on opiates, a zombie will eat your face".

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I also found it to be very blah. Best rated cable show or pilot ever, I hope it drops way off next week because the first episode was pretty bad. I should note I loved season 1 of TWD and pretty much hate that show now too.
    Same sentiments here. Loved S1 Walking Dead, got progressively worse until I gave up on it.

Will give the next episode a shot but not encouraged by the premiere. The mom is super annoying and seeing as she's a main character that's going to get old quick. The drug dealer was the best actor in the episode and of course he dies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i don't give a fuckkkkkkkk as long as i can watch that chick week to week

i'm sure it'll pick up real quick in ep 2. and if not, nothing of worth was lost.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

You fuckers are hard to please, but again, BG.

Thought it was pretty good. The whole "fuck that junkie" some of y'all are throwing around actually played well on the show. No one believing him b/c of drugs, etc.

I also liked how they show teens handling the footage exactly like today's teens would. "It's gotta be fake" and the whole "Boom. Headshot, bitch." showing how desensitized today's youth is towards footage like that.

The pacing seems better too. Figured we were gonna get a couple of normal life episodes before shit started hitting the fan, but things are building up already. I also like these characters, so far. But, Kirkman, so we'll see how long that lasts, or who dies in some retarded consequences.

Looking forward to next Sunday.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    The whole "fuck that junkie" some of y'all are throwing around actually played well on the show. No one believing him b/c of drugs, etc..
    Having a junkie find a thing, leave to get other people to show it to, it being gone when they get back, and no one believing them because "lol must've been the drugs" is about 2 steps better than amnesia, as far as terribly cliche writing goes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast